Suggestions for the site

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Hey everyone,

After an amazing week of activity, views and new members, we are now taking suggestions to develop or indeed improve the forum.

If you have any great ideas or even simple ones we may have overlooked, please leave a post with the details below.

Let us know if we should have a 'buy and sell' or try to start our own podcast or maybe some of you would like a 'light mode'.

Inform us below of what is most important and what would make a difference to you.

B

Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Suggestion 1, I really like the podcast idea, if we can find the right host, and some sexy panel members, it could be a weekly or monthly thing with a whole range of topics.

We could ask @adamsapple to come on during the half-time interval to plug some game passcodes.

New emotes for the reactions section, I love PS, XBOX, SWITCH, AND PC emotes

• party
Reactions: Bryank75

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
Suggestion 1, I really like the podcast idea, if we can find the right host, and some sexy panel members, it could be a weekly or monthly thing with a whole range of topics.

We could ask @adamsapple to come on during the half-time interval to plug some game passcodes.

New emotes for the reactions section, I love PS, XBOX, SWITCH, AND PC emotes
I am down for a podcast. But it depends on the time and day of the week. They can be a lot of fun if you have a good combination. Also, as someone who worked in the industry since 2013 I have quite a lot of crazy stories to tell that would be good insight content.

I had some "fun" interactions with E3 that would make me want to punch a wall a few times.

• party
  • Informative
Reactions: Bryank75 and Sircaw

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
I am down for a podcast. But it depends on the time and day of the week. They can be a lot of fun if you have a good combination. Also, as someone who worked in the industry since 2013 I have quite a lot of crazy stories to tell that would be good insight content.

I had some "fun" interactions with E3 that would make me want to punch a wall a few times.

Agree with the right combination, I did a podcast about 5 years ago now. You want to have the right synergy and most importantly FUN!
I'd be interested to hear your stories! @Elder Legend

• brain

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I'd be interested to hear your stories! @Elder Legend

We all know what the stories are about.

stripper GIF

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Please remove the on_mouseover tooltip that brings mini user account and post pop-ups over the top of the forum as I try to scroll up and down the thread list (desktop laptop). Or if anyone knows the relevant can etc, let me know how to remove them on my end please. All they currently do for me is get in the way.

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Please remove the on_mouseover tooltip that brings mini user account and post pop-ups over the top of the forum as I try to scroll up and down the thread list (desktop laptop). Or if anyone knows the relevant can etc, let me know how to remove them on my end please. All they currently do for me is get in the way.

Will look into it.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Thanks man.

Can anyone seek out Kevin Butler's actor for a real interview? I feel like there's plenty to discuss from PS3 era that gets left to Sands of time

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Box and Bryank75
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Thanks man.

Can anyone seek out Kevin Butler's actor for a real interview? I feel like there's plenty to discuss from PS3 era that gets left to Sands of time

That would be so awesome...

I'd love to see an interview with him.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Eliminate game communities. If a game has grassroots support it will pop up on its own. And to be honest … discord servers for such games kinda lessen the need.

Not saying they won’t ever be necessary but the usefulness for it isn’t much until there’s a large enough community.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
What about a... News Article/Twitter post archive, for quotation stubs, dating, and crediting right person? Like a reference glossary?

I notice sometimes I'm discussing something in a thread not based on an article itself; and I'm rarely sure the exact wording, or whom rumored what?

"Games Industry news and rumors, Feb 2013", which only mods could post articles-to.

Perhaps have a cut-out for the often referred-to quotes, such as "We Believe In Generations"

• fire
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
What about a... News Article/Twitter post archive, for quotation stubs, dating, and crediting right person? Like a reference glossary?

I notice sometimes I'm discussing something in a thread not based on an article itself; and I'm rarely sure the exact wording, or whom rumored what?

"Games Industry news and rumors, Feb 2013", which only mods could post articles-to.

Perhaps have a cut-out for the often referred-to quotes, such as "We Believe In Generations"

I like the idea, not sure exactly how to implement but I will discuss it with the others and see if we can do something....

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Could you retrofit it into hidden topic tags somehow?

We might need custom code, what I'm going to do is keep all the suggestions that I cannot do myself and I will get them done when we are having a large update done by a programmer in the near future. We have several things to do....