ITs disgusting
Martin Lawrence Lol GIF by HBO Max

Reactions: AniWeeb

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It's disgusting!

You can see the back of the dress was torn off and you can even see scratch marks on the back.

Look at that cat's eyes, fucking evil,

That poor lady deserves better.

She needs a fish tank in her life, to drown that cat in.

Peace
xxxx
Scratch marks aren't from the cat

Js

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
There's way too many sticky threads in the gaming section.

Sticky threads should be for announcements only (competition included).

OTs, reviews, etc, should be normal threads.

Let threads with no new posts in a while make way to newer threads.

On desktop, but especially on mobile, the front page is just sticky threads. It's all you see, when really people visit the site to see what's new in the gaming world. You always have to scroll down to see the new shit.

For example "The General Gaming-Industry [Thread]" : way too generic of a thread, barely any posts. Pretty likely good posts there will be thread worthy anyway.

Also, is the "See who quoted a post" functionality possible here?
See https://www.installbaseforum.com/

Thank you!

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
There's way too many sticky threads in the gaming section.

Sticky threads should be for announcements only (competition included).

OTs, reviews, etc, should be normal threads.

Let threads with no new posts in a while make way to newer threads.

On desktop, but especially on mobile, the front page is just sticky threads. It's all you see, when really people visit the site to see what's new in the gaming world. You always have to scroll down to see the new shit.

For example "The General Gaming-Industry [Thread]" : way too generic of a thread, barely any posts. Pretty likely good posts there will be thread worthy anyway.

Also, is the "See who quoted a post" functionality possible here?
See https://www.installbaseforum.com/

Thank you!

I'll ask them, I'm a member there and have been having a chat with one of the guys that run it.

• Shake
Reactions: Ezekiel

Edmund

25 Apr 2023
Can we put the next page thingy at the top also instead of just at the bottom of the page? So we don't have to scroll all the way down before clicking on next page.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Leave Game OTs on main discussion page until a first full month since title official release date? OT threads will just die in communities cause that's not where the drama (and eyes) is at.

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Why did the "what games are you playing right now" thread get moved into the off-topic/community portion of the forums?

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
We might need custom code, what I'm going to do is keep all the suggestions that I cannot do myself and I will get them done when we are having a large update done by a programmer in the near future. We have several things to do....
I'm coming at this from a old Firefox add-ons / old invisionfree / proboards forum coding wavelengths; but could you add something to the post box, like a citation button or perhaps autocorrect/link format handling?

Anyway, the idea would be if someone typed "we believe in generations" in the course of a conversation, something in the forum coding would flag that phrase, and post that part of the user's post with a clickable URL link to the corresponding quote in full; say a big "frequently mentioned games industry quotes and figures" index thread and jump to the corresponding post/threadmark (I don't actually know what threadmarks are)?

I believe this may make extra work to maintain a quote flag list or corresponding URL location list, but I have no idea what can be done on modern forum software.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Im not sure if we can do it here but is there a "this post quoted by blahbidiblah". So you could branch the convo chain out kinda thing?

Do we not have a Reactions Given page? I can't seem to find it.

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Im not sure if we can do it here but is there a "this post quoted by blahbidiblah". So you could branch the convo chain out kinda thing?

Do we not have a Reactions Given page? I can't seem to find it.

I believe there is the bookmark and quote system that is there currently.

You want each post to list who has quoted it?

What would a 'reactions given' page be? Where you can see all the reactions you have used recently? Or what reactions people gave you? Or is it more of a leader page? Where there is a top 10 people who give most reactions?

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
I believe there is the bookmark and quote system that is there currently.

You want each post to list who has quoted it?

What would a 'reactions given' page be? Where you can see all the reactions you have used recently? Or what reactions people gave you? Or is it more of a leader page? Where there is a top 10 people who give most reactions?
Yeah for the quotes.

I mean in the context of seeing the reactions we've given to others posts :)

• brain

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Can we add-to the image importer/attach file thing's.. Limits? Mine usually tells me it doesn't accept jpg, or the photo size is too large.

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Can we add-to the image importer/attach file thing's.. Limits? Mine usually tells me it doesn't accept jpg, or the photo size is too large.

I will see if I can increase image size tonight.

I'll also look into the Sonic face! Might need some alteration.

Reactions: ksdixon

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I will see if I can increase image size tonight.

I'll also look into the Sonic face! Might need some alteration.
Right now it's 1mb limit right? I know I've tried to post some gaf memes that are right above that and run into the filesize limit

• brain