Suicide Squad KTJL: Arkham Now Has More Players. ~60% drop in players. |UP| Hits an all-time low player count on Steam.

ToTTenTranz

Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
It's just a terrible game mate. The Batman Arkham games premise was BE THE BATMAN. Not this marvellized, Fortnitey, focus tested gen z crap.
I think this is the main issue, to be honest. They fortnited the Arkham series.

They had something valuable in their hands, which they screwed over by trying to make it similar to a completely different game.

And the amount of IPs that got screwed over by getting fortnited keeps growing.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I think this is the main issue, to be honest. They fortnited the Arkham series.

They had something valuable in their hands, which they screwed over by trying to make it similar to a completely different game.

And the amount of IPs that got screwed over by getting fortnited keeps growing.
Yeah this oussh for GaaS or in the name of making games more casual kills alot of games.

ToTTenTranz

Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Its funny that people just want the same shit over and over again.

The last Arkham game came out 9 years ago, so your description of "same shit over and over again" seems a bit odd. You think the fans of the series had been playing Arkham Knight non-stop for 9 years?

Let me guess, you're a big Rian Johnson / TLJ fan. The best thing a restaurant can do when you ask for a steak is bring you a soup instead. When you go to a clothes store and bring a shirt to the counter to take, the best thing the clerk can do is switch it for a pair of socks while you're not looking.
The most subverted your expectations get, the better.

But see, most people don't really work that way. Most people who order a steak actually want a steak. Most people know what they actually want or need, and they have no time to go back to the store and reverse the damage after some idiot switched the shirt they had in the bag for a pair of socks.

But Rocksteady didn't need to keep making Arkham games. If they were tired of the genre, they could make some other type of game and pick up some other IP, no problem.
Instead they tried to trick their fans into buying a completely different game that was sold to them as a sequel to their own Arkham-verse.
Which is something Rocksteady can also do, but they apparently forgot that their customers could also give them the middle finger and not buy their game in return, which is what happened.
Because most people have preferences and prefer paying for met expectations (and not paying for not met expectations).
Shocking.

So after 9 years of not releasing anything and then releasing a dud, the expectations-subverters who took the lead over at Rocksteady are probably going to lose not only their jobs but also the jobs of all the people in the studio.
Such is the price of "not serving the same shit over and over again".

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Why do people enjoy the downfall of games? All you babies crying because they didn't make another Arkham Knight, let the series chill for a while and let them work on something different.
Yea, they probably have something cooking for 2034.

I bet they'll make a Palworld clone using the Batman IP next.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Yea, they probably have something cooking for 2034.

I bet they'll make a Palworld clone using the Batman IP next.
Next is Car game. Who want quality 90 meta game? Losers. They have now literally reinvent the wheel 😂

Batman : Spin the wheels, new car game, due release by 2032.

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Why do people enjoy the downfall of games? All you babies crying because they didn't make another Arkham Knight, let the series chill for a while and let them work on something different.
They spent 8 or 9 years on something different and if the game actually succeeded they'd be spending another 8 or 9 on it too. And WB wants to push harder into this genre. The only way that entire publisher doesn't fuck us with these games is if it fucks itself first with SS bombing.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
To think this game was designed by committee on how to cater to the masses yet ended up being rejected by all in a way that I can’t ever remember happening on this scale in the last thirty years and that is no exaggeration.

I find the comparisons to Anthem insulting. Anthem did way better 😂

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
To think this game was designed by committee on how to cater to the masses yet ended up being rejected by all in a way that I can’t ever remember happening on this scale in the last thirty years and that is no exaggeration.

I find the comparisons to Anthem insulting. Anthem did way better 😂
Goes to show just bcus ppl assume, think or have ideas doesn't mean shit! Sake at my job we like to listen to every damn idea no matter how good or bad and try to include it which often times doesn't amount to shit. But it's politics now.

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
image.png

screenshot was taken at the time of creating this thread. Edit: Checking on steamcharts.com, the game even had less than 100 players at some point.

Rocksteady's 'Suicide Squad' game sinks to an all-time low player base, which doesn't bode well for the game's future​

What future? This is the first and last season. 200 players for a AAA game is something else.

What happened to RockSteady?

I like Harely, gotta be one of my favorite female characters and she deserves much more than that mediocre open-world, live-service shooter-looter game.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
They need to throw this game into PS+ and Game Pass and hope it finds ans audience

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
If lucky, they can get the next Batman game in 3 years. Keep the same engine.
If you ask me, RockSteady needs a wake-up call (and hopefully this game is that), and they need to change their ways so they can make good games again instead of whatever that is.

No one wants to play it, even when it has superheroes and stuff, that should tell you all you need to know.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
If you ask me, RockSteady needs a wake-up call (and hopefully this game is that), and they need to change their ways so they can make good games again instead of whatever that is.

No one wants to play it, even when it has superheroes and stuff, that should tell you all you need to know.
Not Rocksteady needs wake up call but WB.

Reactions: toadsage44