Summer Game Fest 2024 | Event Thread

26 Nov 2023
Damn, pretty fun show. Lots of the usual Dorito pope sleepers but I got quite a few games out this.

Lego Horizon
SF6 x SNK
Power Rangers
Wanderstop
Alan Wake 2 DLC Drop (!!!!!)
Metaphor
Slitterhead
Monster Hunter
Phantom Blade

Pretty happy with this ngl

Reactions: TigerFang

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
I'm happy we got an extended look at Phantom Blade Zero & Horizon LEGO.

Both look really fun, the building settlements and stuff in Horizon & the atmosphere / combat of Phantom Blade Zero.

Very nice 👍

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
So fromsofts Miyazaki is town based off that Xbox guys tweet but wasn’t at the show. Does that mean he will be at Xbox’s show ? Is that live or pre recorded?

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
So fromsofts Miyazaki is town based off that Xbox guys tweet but wasn’t at the show. Does that mean he will be at Xbox’s show ? Is that live or pre recorded?

maybe Elden Ring DLC but honestly I doubt it. A lot of developers just go to these events to meet other industry people

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
maybe Elden Ring DLC but honestly I doubt it. A lot of developers just go to these events to meet other industry people
More gameplay will be shown at the Xbox show. It's the bigger show. Plus it wasn't at the summer game fest show

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
More gameplay will be shown at the Xbox show. It's the bigger show. Plus it wasn't at the summer game fest show

I mean maybe but they seem to be releasing all their trailers on their own terms these days. Doesn't even seem worth it

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I could see an Elden ring dlc trailer perhaps. I doubt he’d announce a new ip though but Xbox does seem extremely desperate

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I just went back and finished the event off after noping out for tacos yesterday.

Benefit of hindsight: I definitely made the right choice. What an awful showcase, there might have been twenty minutes of good in there, and thats being generous. Even games I care about, like Civ 7, gave me nothing. That one was literally a CGI trailer with no gameplay. It might as well have been a logo.