Switch 2 rumor |OT| launch at $400. |UP| Successor to switch will be announced at end of fiscal year.

PlacidusaX

Veteran
24 Oct 2022
Delaying to 2025 gives Sony a clear runway to dominate 2024, especially in the holidays assuming the pro is real and not outrageously priced.
Not really with no established franchises releasing in 2024.
But this might be why Sony decided to do this.

Hopefully Sony uses this year to release new franchises.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Not really with no established franchises releasing in 2024.
But this might be why Sony decided to do this.

Hopefully Sony uses this year to release new franchises.
Mmm idk Helldivers wasn't an established franchise and it's showing a runway success. Stellar Blade I bet money on will sell great and FF Rebirth is established and is a given. PS5 is going to do just fine this year with software sales.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
GGdr-xnW4AAGMF9

Source

Tweet

Why should we trust these brazilian sources?

J_Paganel

30 Jan 2024
I wonder how Valve and AMD will react to NS2 when creating SteamDeck 2.0.

It is due to be released in 2026, and the hardware should be oriented towards Switch 2.0 specifications.. I think that Switch 2.0 is going to be a big platform, and it will have almost all third-party releases.

And maybe I'll think about buying a Switch 2, but it will depend on the new Nintendo games.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Find it funny so many people were kicking sony online this past week for announcing no major games and now nintendo also said they have nothing now with the delay

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
PS5 Pro will be uncontested this holiday, it will be the best way to play GTA6 until 2026 assuming the PC port isn't pushed back beyond then.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

PlacidusaX

Veteran
24 Oct 2022
Mmm idk Helldivers wasn't an established franchise and it's showing a runway success. Stellar Blade I bet money on will sell great and FF Rebirth is established and is a given. PS5 is going to do just fine this year with software sales.
That wasn't the point I was making.

Hell Divers 2 and SB weren't established.
FF isn't made by Sony.

Now to the point.. If Nintendo doesn't release this year Sony has no reason to release established games.

Heck I wouldn't be surprised if Sony got word of Nintendo delaying hence yesterday's statement.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Nintendo will release a successor to the Nintendo Switch game console in March 2025. Like the Switch, it is expected to be a game console that has the features of both a stationary and portable version. Many in the industry predicted that it would be released in 2024, but we prioritized taking measures to prevent resale and securing an initial stock of successor machines and an assortment of popular software from the time of release.

The successor model will have a larger screen than the Switch (6.2 inches for the standard model), and will be able to play games that feature higher-definition image quality.

Looks like the rest of the article is behind a paywall.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I swear all these rumors be the same another (delayed or coming out in 2025 rumor).

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
A delayed switch2 gives the PS5 another (almost) entire year on the market to build up an installed base in Japan and WW. Not saying Nintendo wont have partners lined up but i think PS5 having more time on the market to itself (while xbox collapses around it) will really entrench the brand further.

With MS seemingly going third party, they are now dependent more PS and Nintendo sales more than xbox, so with Sony being the defacto HD platform I wonder if sony is playing hard ball in terms of what games they want or wanting marketing agreements for COD again?