Switch 2 rumor |OT| launch at $400. |UP| Successor to switch will be announced at end of fiscal year.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
A 1080p 60fps console would be more than enough power IMO.

Launch line up could theoretically be :
-ocarina of time remake?
-A port or remake of a 2d Mario like super Mario world?
-New yoshi game?
-Elden Ring?
-Call of duty and assassin’s creed games?
Gta5?

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
A 1080p 60fps console would be more than enough power IMO.

Launch line up could theoretically be :
-ocarina of time remake?
-A port or remake of a 2d Mario like super Mario world?
-New yoshi game?
-Elden Ring?
-Call of duty and assassin’s creed games?
Gta5?
Lol, what handheld can reach 1080@60 on GTAV?

Reactions: Entropi
29 Dec 2023
Skopje, Macedonia
If it has full backwards compatibility with both hardware and games I'm buying it for sure if only to play arcade games on a nice 8 inch screen since the rumors suggest the screen will be 8 inches this time around.
I don't need the Switch to be AAA capable, I don't give a darn about that, but having my entire library of Switch arcade games, shmups, beat em ups and all that playable on an 8 inch screen with my arcade stick is where it's at for me.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Chill with the attacks
Oh, you'll just steal it anyway? Well don't expect anybody to cater to you then.
There not 'catering' to people anyway 🤡. They're just rinsing gullible mugs such as yourself.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
There not 'catering' to people anyway 🤡. They're just rinsing gullible mugs such as yourself.
Third best selling vg device of all time doesn't cater to people! You heard it here first, folks!

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
switch-2-predicted-to-arrive-in-2024-at-less-than-400_tuh7.jpg

Machine translation. Open to interpretation. Native Taiwanese speakers will be appreciated. Credits to Fami for Translation.

Source: https://money.udn.com/money/story/11162/7694628

It is widely rumored in the industry that Nintendo is expected to launch a new Switch this year to capture the market. In response to the pressure of global inflation and the weak yen, the price of the new product will be unprecedentedly raised. The retail price will be raised from $300 to $400, a 33% increase.

Industry sources pointed out that during the initial launch of Switch, Nintendo’s senior management formulated a core strategy of pricing the console just above cost to quickly penetrate the market, and recovering the profits through game software. This market strategy is indeed quite successful, but as a result many suppliers are under considerable cost pressure. Now as the prices of new generation product rise, the supply chains can breathe a sigh of relief.

In addition, since the Switch has never had a major hardware update since its launch, the market expects that Nintendo is likely to launch the new generation in the second half of this year, and some hardware specifications will be upgraded, including NVIDIA’s T239 processor, 8GB of RAM, 64GB of storage, a greatly improved battery life, and a screen refresh rate of 120Hz.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
The final hardware will have a 60hz screen, 8GB of RAM, and 64 GB of storage. Why would a 120hz screen be necessary if most games can't even reach 60fps?

VRR? Maybe with an Nvidia card, they might have some kind of Gsync to have 40+fps games. Would actually be good news for docked mode, too, as the hardware would need to support it.

The 64gb internal storage, imho, mean that they will have again an SD card extension, so I guess storage is not really a problem. I wonder about loading times, though.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
VRR? Maybe with an Nvidia card, they might have some kind of Gsync to have 40+fps games. Would actually be good news for docked mode, too, as the hardware would need to support it.

The 64gb internal storage, imho, mean that they will have again an SD card extension, so I guess storage is not really a problem. I wonder about loading times, though.

You’re overestimating how cheap Nintendo is. They not paying Nvidia for none of that either.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: flaccidsnake