TD Cowen analyst Doug Creutz estimates that Helldivers 2 has sold more than 8 million copies. Estimates so take with 🧂🧂

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

To date, neither has revealed sales numbers, but on Steam, Helldivers 2 hit a peak of more than 450,000 concurrent players, while Suicide Squad’s all-time high is less than 13,500, per SteamDB. TD Cowen analyst Doug Creutz estimated that Helldivers 2 has sold more than 8 million copies, and most remarkably, the numbers are growing every week. “We believe the game has performed well ahead of expectations,” Creutz wrote in a note Thursday.

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
8 million sales :)
"TD Cowen analyst Doug Creutz estimated". Take it with a grain of salt: I never heard about TD Cowen, could be an old estimate and Bloomberg is known from trowing shit with lies to Sony.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

To date, neither has revealed sales numbers, but on Steam, Helldivers 2 hit a peak of more than 450,000 concurrent players, while Suicide Squad’s all-time high is less than 13,500, per SteamDB. TD Cowen analyst Doug Creutz estimated that Helldivers 2 has sold more than 8 million copies, and most remarkably, the numbers are growing every week. “We believe the game has performed well ahead of expectations,” Creutz wrote in a note Thursday.

24 Jun 2022
These are believable numbers. Could be near or at 10 million by the end of this month. Realistic Steam estimates from like 2 weeks ago pegged it around 4 million for that platform alone globally. If that estimate was too high then, it's likely very accurate now.

And assuming even a 50/50 split, that'd put it at 8 million or more with PS5 included.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
These are believable numbers. Could be near or at 10 million by the end of this month. Realistic Steam estimates from like 2 weeks ago pegged it around 4 million for that platform alone globally. If that estimate was too high then, it's likely very accurate now.

And assuming even a 50/50 split, that'd put it at 8 million or more with PS5 included.
Yeah those 10 mil rumors few weeks ago of course will be realized but we all know that. Look forward to official announcement of sales.

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
It doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility, maybe a bit on the high side but when you factor in a roughly 50/50 split with PC and PS5, and Steam showing a daily average of about 350k it could make sense.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
doesn't shinobi said is close to 10M? or that leaker? by this time, it should have sold it something around 10M

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I'd like to know the official numbers.

The success of this game is very interesting and might make publishers rethink how they price games. I gave it a chance because $40 seemed like an interesting proposition but I wouldn't have bought it for $70 at all.

I would much rather have properly priced games that don't ever enter deep sales than what we have right now, it just seems a lot more healthy and works as an incentive to buy games on release (not that I mind AAA $70 games that justify their price).

Reactions: Box and Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I'd like to know the official numbers.

The success of this game is very interesting and might make publishers rethink how they price games. I gave it a chance because $40 seemed like an interesting proposition but I wouldn't have bought it for $70 at all.

I would much rather have properly priced games that don't ever enter deep sales than what we have right now, it just seems a lot more healthy and works as an incentive to buy games on release (not that I mind AAA $70 games that justify their price).
I made a comment about this few weeks ago, $40 price point was a huge sell as well and other devs might take note!

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
I think it's close to that either way. A resounding success and it's all thanks to Shu... Nothing for Jim Ryan and Hermen

15 million the minimum this year.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Hopefully we hear more news soon about sales from the ppl tht know for sure.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The only data we have is dev saying it crossed 1 million around the launch.

They had strong sales after first week so it could have moved a lot but not sure if enough to 8 million.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I love this game, but it is still buggy as fuck. The matchmaking/networking shit is mostly good now but many gameplay bugs remain. I played 3 rounds the other night and all 3 had some technical issue that ended the mission before extraction.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
The only data we have is dev saying it crossed 1 million around the launch.

They had strong sales after first week so it could have moved a lot but not sure if enough to 8 million.
CEO confirmed it was over 3 million like a week and half after launch

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
I'm confused. I was told every PC owner is a dirty pirate. How can it be that Helldivers 2 SELLS millions?

Big 🤔

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I'm confused. I was told every PC owner is a dirty pirate. How can it be that Helldivers 2 SELLS millions?

Big 🤔
It has been the best selling game in Steam during a month and a half, and after that continued as a close top 2 and sometimes time 1. An estimation of over 8M when the CEO said sales were around 50-50% aprox. distributed per platform means over 4M on PC aprox in a month and a week.

Reactions: xollowsob

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
It’s an online live service game.

Come back when a DRM free offline game does these numbers.
course diss GIF

• thinking_hard
Reactions: anonpuffs