Team Asobi: “We want our games to feel like they’re made in Japan”

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
They didn't shut it down/disbanded it. They restructured it firing money sinkers who weren't capable to make a successful, profittable game in decades, changed its managemnt and split it into Team Asobi and their new XDEV Japanese office.

When they let go of a vast majority of the developers and stopped using the branding, they effectively shut down Japan Studio. Restructuring or moving people elsewhere doesn't change that.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Oh no and you really cared about these people 😢 Is that your next anti-Sony thread or it's not juicy enough?

Animated GIF

24 Jun 2022
After reading through the other posts, I'm even more optimistic about the future works from this studio than I was after reading the OP. Really helped put some things into perspective.

Might even be a decent chance we could get a new UmJammer/Parappa game, maybe. There's a decent lot they could do with that IP and rhythm games have been seeing a sort of comeback the past few years, albeit with lots of twists. Gimme an UmJammer/Parappa Earthbound-ish JRPG with rhythm game-style boss fights and I'm there Day 1!

Now I just hope we hear something about their next project sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.