The Astrobot port begging has already begun

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Good Lord these people won't let us have one day without this shit, This weekend was for us PS fans to celebrate and play a truly joyous game but shit flingers have to come and spoil the party
Cry harder, free speech exists. As a matter of fact, if it makes you angry I hope they do more of it.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
R&C never did 94 on Meta before.
That chances everything and it is potentially over 10 million sold now.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Good
If you want a company to do something, its important to let them know and show that there is support for it. The more noise there is about something, the more likely it is to happen. I hope these guys get their wishes.

Dr. E99

1 Sep 2024
Said it in the review thread and I'll say it here: most likely only a matter of time until Sony does day 1 releases of most (or all) of their FP games on PC.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Good
If you want a company to do something, its important to let them know and show that there is support for it. The more noise there is about something, the more likely it is to happen. I hope these guys get their wishes.
I honestly don't get some of you. You're so blinded by either pure fanboyism and list wars or selfishness.

How come none of you stop to think what this means for the games themselves? You want games everywhere? Sure, let's do it. Let's use a studio that makes games for one platform and make them work on 3 different platforms at the same time. Sounds great, right? It's not like it'll affect quality or anything.

No, just do it so you can use a game for your list wars.

Last edited:

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
I honestly don't get some of you. You're so blinded by either pure fanboyism and list wars or selfishness.

How come none of you stop to think what this means for the games themselves? You want games everywhere? Sure, let's do it. Let's use a studio that makes games for one platform and make them work on 3 different platforms at the same time. Sounds great, right? It's not like it won't affect quality or anything.

How many times do I have to tell y'all I own like every console past and present including a PS5 and it is precisely because I own almost every console that I want games to be multiplat. You guys don't care, y'all just buy the next Playstation console. Meanwhile I've gotta buy and hook up fucking everything because how else am I going to play every good game that comes out
And yes, I do in fact believe that a game being multiplat would not affect quality considering almost all of the best games ever made are multiplat and game engines like Unreal and Unity have made it easier and easier to port between platforms. (not that Astrobot was made in Unity/Unreal; I actually don't know what engine is used for it or the logistics of said engine)

Have any of you ever downloaded Unity or Unreal Engine and did some game dev stuff in them? They turn porting into pushing a button, to some degree.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: arvfab

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

How come none of you stop to think what this means for the games themselves? You want games everywhere? Sure, let's do it. Let's use a studio that makes games for one platform and make them work on 3 different platforms at the same time. Sounds great, right? It's not like it won't affect quality or anything.

Ask these people why Valve doesnt port there games on other systems and they will have a bunch of excuses….

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Ask these people why Valve doesnt port there games on other systems and they will have a bunch of excuses….
Valve should be porting their games over to PS5, XSex, and Switch too
Its lame that the only modern way to play Portal 1 and 2 on console is the Switch. Happy for Switch fans of course, but what about the kids and teens who only have an Xbox or a Playstation that their parents bought them? I'd rather like them to not be left in the dust. Portal is fun! Valve's best game series, frankly.

Last edited:

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Actually i'm too worried about the topic and just realized a more confusing aspect of the person in the OP's post:
what do they mean put Astro Bot on Switch the Switch is likely too weak for it anyways. It would run at like 360p 10fps and the Switch's battery would die in like 10 minutes it couldn't run this

Reactions: Kokoloko
24 Jun 2022
Actually i'm too worried about the topic and just realized a more confusing aspect of the person in the OP's post:
what do they mean put Astro Bot on Switch the Switch is likely too weak for it anyways. It would run at like 360p 10fps and the Switch's battery would die in like 10 minutes it couldn't run this

Oh so now it's a problem because the portbegging doesn't include your preferred platform (PC)? 😏

Anyway, Chris should be more mindful with his posts. It's funny he holds R&C's 4 million against it considering the supply constraints PS5 had in 2021 and most of 2022, then says Astro Bot doing big numbers but not GOW numbers would be very good, when R&C did big numbers for its own part and he's downplaying that while ignoring the supply situation for 1.5 years...

Internal logic ain't logicking on that take :/

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Oh so now it's a problem because the portbegging doesn't include your preferred platform (PC)? 😏
No, people can ask for it. I just did a re-read of the post and thought about it for a minute and wondered if it could even run it
As I said, I'm all for people wanting a Switch port, I just spent time thinking about it and realized that the logistics of a Switch port wouldn't make sense at its current power. Not that there aren't miracle ports (Doom 2016, for example) but, well, those miracle ports are of games that are aging.
Now Switch 2 on the other hand...

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Well platformers will never be huge of PS doesn’t cultivates not just PS fans but consumers in general from other platforms or just in general if PS doesn’t have exclusive platforms that shows these kinda games can succeed with out PC or Nintendo. Ratchet & Clank going to PC shows PS has no trust w the solely on the PS platform even thoe rift apart is the best selling premium ratchet & clank game selling 5+ million on PS only.

The same for Lego horizon. Game shouldve been PS exclusive & if it can’t because Lego then PS needs to stop working w Lego in the game division & create spin off games like Lego but using a art style that they fullly control on own. Give me a Minecraft pixel type ratchet & clank game in the style of traditional 3D platformer ratchet & clank game. Lego Horizon will always be limited because Sony/PS will always need Lego authorization to do anything w it. Look at Nintendo making spin offs w Mario you have paper Mario, 2D pixel Mario, 3D platformer Mario, Mario kart racing, Mario party, Mario RPG etc.

I can’t blame people asking for the PC port or Nintendo port. PS are the ones that open Pandora’s box. Instead of Astro bot being amazing game I wouldn’t be surprised if we see more port beggars as we get close to GOTY voting. With people saying a game like this should be everywhere including PC & Nintendo since it’s a family friendly universal game that celebrates gaming. It will be shameful when PS announces that PC port disgraceful w no dignity. PS platform & storefront will merely be a shadow of Steam & Nintendo if its keep up diminishing itself

11 Jul 2024
Don't believe he meant that in bad faith, just that Switch is the home of platformers.
But Sony's goal is to create games that make you buy their console, so if you want to play those games, you go out and buy that console.
This did not work for Xbox, because their games are ass, but it works for PS and Nintendo.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Buy a PlayStation. Thats the message to gamers and Sony
This what the message should’ve been & never diminish. But the new message from PS is play this game if you have a PS & well port it to PC & Nintendo after we swindle the PS fans & even if the game is a mega success will still diminish the platform & storefront for small to short term profits/growth