The Astrobot port begging has already begun

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
This what the message should’ve been & never diminish. But the new message from PS is play this game if you have a PS & well port it to PC & Nintendo after we swindle the PS fans & even if the game is a mega success will still diminish the platform & storefront for small to short term profits/growth
I mean i dont know about Nintendo ports but yes I agree. PS games for Ps

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Valve should be porting their games over to PS5, XSex, and Switch too
Its lame that the only modern way to play Portal 1 and 2 on console is the Switch. Happy for Switch fans of course, but what about the kids and teens who only have an Xbox or a Playstation that their parents bought them? I'd rather like them to not be left in the dust. Portal is fun! Valve's best game series, frankly.
Valve will never port there games to Xbox, PS & Nintendo. Why would valve diminish its platform & storefront when there ability to have true permanent exclusive first party + default PC exclusive resulted them in becoming a monopoly in PC gaming. Steam isn’t just the best place to play PC games with Xbox & PS games going to Steam Valve/Stwam are becoming the defacto default best place to play games in general. Between PC & Steamdeck Valve/Steam has the best platform, the best storefront, the best ecosystem & the best hardware & they’ll only get stronger as a gaming company writhing time.

Remember Valve used to be a Indy team that publish niche games on Xbox, PS & PC now look at them. Valve wil kill windows on PC as the become the default in PC gaming & they will kill Xbox & PS the only one that will survive is Nintendo & that’s because they have permanent exclusive that keeps there hardware, platform & storefront have meaning reason to exist & invest. You can say Apple, Meta & Netflix are also well positioned not exactly sure why Sony/PS leadership position PS in the same position as Xbox in gaming either way it’s very dangerous if we just look at what Xbox platform/storefront has become & there future

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
But Sony's goal is to create games that make you buy their console, so if you want to play those games, you go out and buy that console.
Is it really thoe. I can play GOW, TLOU & Spiderman on PC & not only at a better performance cheaper price then a PS console.

Also Lego Horizon is on PC & Nintendo day n date & I wouldn’t put it past Astro bot going to PC or Nintendo or future games going PC & Nintendo day n date.

If Sony wanted to sell PS consoles it wouldn’t port singleplayer games to PC or any other platform at all. You don’t see Disney porting there tv shows from Disney+ to Netflix & vice versa. Only WB max which for that specific reason will never grow or compete to the heights of Netflix or Disney+

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
This is the same guy who stated before that Xbox doing PC port essentially killed the entire Xbox platform, Xbox storefront & Xbox subscription killing essentially any potential future growth at the cost plot bolstering Steam at the end of the day.

Porting games to other platforms only makes sense if those platforms are also all porting games to each platform. Whoever decides to port games to one platform while the other holds onto exclusive games the one porting ends up diminishing & killing itself.

Platforms such as consoles aren’t just a comsole box it’s also a investment & if your platform doesn’t has exclusive games your platform is no longer needed as you can get your games + other games + other platform holders first party exclusive under 1 roof.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Team Asobi basically told everyone as much. And since Sony is porting their games and did Ratchet, why wouldn't they port Astro Bot?

They didn’t say shit. A question was asked and a polite answer was given.

No Sony Japan has appeared on PC to date and after the sales of Ratchet/Sackboy I doubt another platformer will.

Thought you guys don’t play platformers or late releases.

Honestly even port begging a game dedicated to PlayStation nostalgia.

Dr. E99

1 Sep 2024
Ask these people why Valve doesnt port there games on other systems and they will have a bunch of excuses….

They already have. As far back as PS2. Half-Life, Portal, TF2, Left 4 Dead 1 & 2, Counterstrike...all came to PlayStation and/or Xbox

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
They didn’t say shit. A question was asked and a polite answer was given.

No Sony Japan has appeared on PC to date and after the sales of Ratchet/Sackboy I doubt another platformer will.

Thought you guys don’t play platformers or late releases.

Wait...what do you mean by "you guys"? I'm not a PC guy. I own a PS5 and already pre-ordered Astro Bot over a week ago. :)

As for it being ported to PC, I simply believe that it will be but it doesn't change anything for me either which way. :)

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
They already have. As far back as PS2. Half-Life, Portal, TF2, Left 4 Dead 1 & 2...all came to PlayStation and/or Xbox
We’re talking about now. Every other major 3rd party is basically come to as of PS4 gen. Apart from Valve. Its because they are smart enough to know there platform and the competition

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Wait...what do you mean by "you guys"? I'm not a PC guy. I own a PS5 and already pre-ordered Astro Bot over a week ago. :)

As for it being ported to PC, I simply believe that it will be but it doesn't change anything for me either which way. :)

Sure you aren’t.

I own a PC too but I’m a Playstation guy.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
doesn’t matter. It’s only on ps5 tomorrow and endlessly begging for years is more obnoxious than some people realize.

If you have a different platform, odds are, you have a thousand other games you could play TODAY that you should be more worried about. But of course the games you can’t play have to be the center of discussion for whatever reason.

Dr. E99

1 Sep 2024
We’re talking about now. Every other major 3rd party is basically come to as of PS4 gen. Apart from Valve. Its because they are smart enough to know there platform and the competition

What competition lol? Valve has no competition. They are far and away *the* dominant PC distribution platform.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Sure you aren’t.

I own a PC too but I’m a Playstation guy.

Outside of playing an hour if that of the original Space Marine game on Steam, I have never played any game on PC because im not into PC gaming. Will always prefer consoles.