The Coalition to adapt the Gears of War video game saga into a live action feature film

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I'm guessing it will be as interesting as the Gran Turismo movie.

Reactions: AniWeeb

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
today is the 16 year anniversary of Gears of War and the 14 Year Anniversary of Gears of War 2, I'm guessing they are announcing this today because of that?

Reactions: AniWeeb

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Very odd timing to make this now, years and years after Gears was at it's peak....

I hope the fans enjoy it but with Netflix after The Witcher, I wouldn't trust them too far.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I just don’t see this going well. Id say the same if it was Horizon.
Literally the GT movie is gonna have less cringe then both of these lol

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Very odd timing to make this now, years and years after Gears was at it's peak....

I hope the fans enjoy it but with Netflix after The Witcher, I wouldn't trust them too far.
If they make it light action horror, with some funny quips from the likes of Cole Train and Baird it could be decent, but who am I kidding.

I just don’t see this going well. Id say the same if it was Horizon.
Literally the GT movie is gonna have less cringe then both of these lol
Horizon could be a good movie based on the adventure/action parts. But you need good writers, actors and good directors. GT, I'm not sure what direction or narrative they will take. Will it be based on Kaz's vision for the game, will it be based on E-Sports competition, will it be based on Car manufacturers, general motorsports or real life racing? Remains to be seen, but Ford vs Ferrari gives me hope that a great movie about the car industry and motorsport culture can be made.

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
Coalition can't even make a good Gears game, and now they are going to help make a Gears movie. Good luck with that....This should be as stellar as the Halo show.
The Coalition games are good, they just don't hold up to the standards of the OG trilogy.

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
The Coalition games are good, they just don't hold up to the standards of the OG trilogy.
They are not bad games, but they are not close to the OG trilogy. Gears has regressed immensely under the Coalition. The characters are bad, there isn't anything new gameplay wise that's improving the games. Same roadie run, same cover based gameplay, no verticality, you can't lounge over many areas in Gears, even more limited than older gears, physics and details significantly dialed down over the OG trilogy. That ontop of worse characters, worse atmosphere, no improvement to gameplay, makes Gears under coalition much worse. They are not unplayable games, but they are not stellar either. The OG Gears games are games from persons who had the OG vision and direction for the franchise. Gears is in a similar situation like Halo with 343, they're hitting 80+ meta, but the games no longer have the soul and stamp of the OG team. It's pretty obvious.

Reactions: Bryank75

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I actually didn’t hate the Halo show… until that last episode.

Yea, Kwan Ha is unbearable to watch. She’s a character that absolutely needs to be killed off and never mentioned again as soon as possible.

I liked the Chief and Halsey stuff. The Spartan gym fight was awesome. I even entertained that love angle with the girl (she dead tho).

However, when they killed off John and make Cortana take over and completely control his body to become the Chief we all know and recognize from the games… I was honestly kinda offended?

So you’re telling me Chief is incapable of being who we played as unless Cortana’s AI completely takes over his body? GO FUCK YOURSELF

YOU are master Chief. Not a fucking AI. :mad:

2 Jul 2022
NY
www.twitch.tv
The Gears universe has massive potential and some of Netflix best content has been from gaming properties. Let’s hope these are great. With that said, I have more faith in the animated series than the movie which could go either way.

Reactions: Darth Vader

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Not sure about Gears, but Halo's scores were very suspicious IMO.
it got the halo bump for sure, but the PC version is pretty low for a halo game (80).

as for this Gears [of war!] movie, it's imperative that MS/Coalition get this right.

This is do or die for the Gears [OF WAR] franchise. No more safe-space 'Gears', we want delta team back. I don't care what retconning needs to take place.

Coalition does not understand this franchise and never has. Right down to the feel of blowing enemies to bits, which they replaced with the most unsatisfying robot enemies, Gears OF WAR has always been hardcore, deathmetal, big dudes in armor blowing meaty gib enemies to pieces. Lots of blood, lots of gore. This is a DARK, MATURE game.

If i get some whiny teenage-girl drama to the backdrop of Billie Eilish music (looking at you, Gears 5/Kait Diaz) I'll know for certain that Gears OF WAR is joining Halo in the dead IP dustbucket.

How MS has managed to completely miss the mark with these two franchsies, not only in the games, but across all multimedia channels is downright incredible.

Who remembers GEARS POP? 🤣

gears5-kait-diaz.gif
A feminist manifesto empowerment game?

Gears_Pop_header.jpeg
based on A TOY FOR 5 YEAR OLDS (already shut down).

No wonder they Fired Rod Fergusson. You take the most hypermasculine, dudebro franchise of all time and just piss all over it with this nonsense, and this is what you get.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 51

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
The original trilogy are vastly overrated.
I think the OG trilogy especially Gears 1 offered a good MP and SP game. That time MP was all the rage and 360 was doing well, so it made sense. I do think the best Gears was Gears 1 though, it had better atmosphere than all the others. I do think UC1 had better gameplay over Gears 1 though and even better atmosphere, less restrictions with traversal and generally a better world to explore. They both had good characters, but Drake and Sully stole the show, with the humor and light quips, even characters like Eddie Raja is still a highlight to this day...

Reactions: Gh0stnTheBashShell
Status
Not open for further replies.