The current narrative “3rd party doesn’t count for playstation”

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022

So… Replaced and STALKER 2, timed exclusives, (not even games published by Microsoft) are big games for Xbox but a new Final Fantasy, Team Ninja game, Helldivers 2, Stellar Blade, and Concord (most of which they are publishing, co-developing, funding) mean that Sony is quiet?

Its figures that the first year Sony has bunch of major 2nd party games that people in the gaming media are trying to twist the idea that they somehow “don’t count’ and aren’t worth even discussing.

It’s like Saying Bayonetta 3 and Kirby don’t count for Nintendo releases or something. Really weird how there’s always so new console war narrative with these guys

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
They always ignore Helldivers and then they say Sony only makes 3rd-person single-player cinematic games. Silent Hill 2 is not on the list but random games on Xbox are always present.

PSVR is also their punching bag. They ignore every game on it besides Sony first-party "there's nothing to play" 🤡

I don't understand how IGN employs these shills and warriors. They lost all credibility.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
No matter what these clowns say, great exclusive games are coming to PS5 soon, and we will play the shit out of them. Spreading FUD won't change reality; it is only useful to maintain status within their pathetic little cult.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I could care little about what IGN says. 3rd party does count.

But I think Playstation has some of, if not thee best Studios in the world. They matter most to me these last 2 generations along with FromSoft, Capcom etc.
Playstation‘s Studios’s output for exclusive PS5 games is what i want more of, personally its not been as exciting as last gen when it comes to there output and annoucements from the Playstation studio games exclusively for PS5.

Last time round we knew what games were coming in by 2016/2017 ( God of War 2018, Horizon, Spiderman, TLOU2 ) Ghost of Tsushima got announced in 2017.
And already had hits from ND ( Uncharted 4 ), Japan Studios ( Bloodborne + Last Guardian ) Sucker Punch ( Infamous SS )

I want more, and if you dont then Im weirdly happy for you that you dont want more games and annoucements from PS Studios….

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Yeah, Ryan already botched his narrative by listing Replaced and Stalker 2 which are 3rd party. I have no issue with him adding those 3rd party timed exclusives to Xbox's list but by doing so he has no business trying to argue against something like FF7 Rebirth, Stellar Blade or Gran Blue Fantasy Relink being included for PS from folks responding to him.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I could care little about what IGN says. 3rd party does count.

But I think Playstation has some of, if not thee best Studios in the world. They matter most to me these last 2 generations along with FromSoft, Capcom etc.
Playstation‘s Studios’s output for exclusive PS5 games is what i want more of, personally its not been as exciting as last gen when it comes to there output and annoucements from the Playstation studio games exclusively for PS5.

Last time round we knew what games were coming in by 2016/2017 ( God of War 2018, Horizon, Spiderman, TLOU2 ) Ghost of Tsushima got announced in 2017.
And already had hits from ND ( Uncharted 4 ), Japan Studios ( Bloodborne + Last Guardian ) Sucker Punch ( Infamous SS )

I want more, and if you dont then Im weirdly happy for you that you dont want more games and annoucements from PS Studios….
It's not that we don't care, it's just that many of us are realistic about how long modern AAA games take. As tech and fidelity improves, shit takes longer. Sucks that Sony won't talk about projects until they're close to getting a release date, but given what happened with factions maybe they shouldn't talk about games until they're sure it will come out. PS have never had a gen where the games didn't eventually come through, so I'm not too worried. Maybe I'm just too laid back.

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Xbox: Hopefully a steady cadence of exclusives throughout 2024: Avowed, Hellblade 2, STALKER 2, Replaced
PlayStation: Is it gonna be super quiet, first party-wise? They've announced next to nothing, though they do have FF7R and Rise of the Ronin coming up very soon on the third-party side.

These assholes have absolutely no shame

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Sony First Party are prestige and high quality, these third parties don't meet the same standards as Sony's actual third party games.

Most of Sony's studios have been silent this entire generation, its out of the ordinary to be wondering when they will announce their next games.

We are allowed to criticise Playstation studios

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Sony First Party are prestige and high quality, these third parties don't meet the same standards as Sony's actual third party games.

Most of Sony's studios have been silent this entire generation, its out of the ordinary to be wondering when they will announce their next games.

We are allowed to criticise Playstation studios
I think Ronin will be up there in quality; that studio is an amazing one.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It's not that we don't care, it's just that many of us are realistic about how long modern AAA games take. As tech and fidelity improves, shit takes longer. Sucks that Sony won't talk about projects until they're close to getting a release date, but given what happened with factions maybe they shouldn't talk about games until they're sure it will come out. PS have never had a gen where the games didn't eventually come through, so I'm not too worried. Maybe I'm just too laid back.

Its not that Im worried, they will come. I just want them sooner and more of them.

Reactions: flaccidsnake

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Lol. Biggest year ever for Xbox? Hellblade 2 And?
Jeese they never learn. Wasnt last year the biggest with Redfall and Starfield. Or the years before with Halo and Forza….

I do wonder what PS Studio game is coming this year though for PS5. Death Stranding, Rise of Ronin are not PS studios Games

Last edited:

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Starfield was supposed to be way bigger than anything announced for 2024. Pure cope.

Marathon getting pushed to 2025 puts more pressure on the other games to hit. Concord falling out would be a blow (a strong possibility). Sony definitely needs 1 big AAA game for 2024 that isn't announced yet. Maybe something in the Horizon universe.

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Lol. Biggest year ever for Xbox? Hellblade 2 And?
Jeese they never learn. Wasnt last year the biggest with Redfall and Starfield. Or the years before with Halo and Forza….

I do wonder what PS Studio game is coming this year though for PS5. Death Stranding, Rise of Ronin are PS studios.

Concord, MLB, Final Shape are internal