The DualSense Edge controller launches on January 26 for $199.99

8BiTw0LF

Compared to Xbox Elite 2 both price-wise and feature-wise $200 is not absurd, like at all.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Well there's no accounting for taste. Just pointing out that this gen started two years ago....

I know, it is very different to my experience too..... I LOVED Astro, Demons Souls, Ratchet, Elden Ring and recently Horizon and GT7..... so I've had a blast.

I wish everyone could enjoy all of the games as much. All that limits my enjoyment is time.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
I know, it is very different to my experience too..... I LOVED Astro, Demons Souls, Ratchet, Elden Ring and recently Horizon and GT7..... so I've had a blast.

Ratchet is the only game there imo that is a built from the ground up PS5 game (and it bores me to tears) Astro is fucking tech demo. A demo that was cool for about 20 minutes, but it's a demo let's be real here. This is what we got to show for this gen so far? Abysmal.

I still have no clear idea of when a true PS5 game will be released that I want to buy. Next game I am interested in is SF6, another fucking cross gen game in 2023. I don't get how this console is selling out tbh.

24 Jun 2022
Its all most the same price as a Scuf Pro controller

View attachment 39

And with more flexibility in user options, at least WRT the replaceable analog sticks.

I'm not surprised with the price; it's a premium product for a niche of the customer base who buy premium products. Of course the price is going to reflect that. It's absolutely not a necessity in order to actually play on the console, either; 100% optional.

I see some folks raging out about it and I can kind of understand the issues from those in Europe WRT the pricing, but at the end of the day if you feel the price is too high, wait for a discount offer/deal, buy one refurbished or used, or just...stick with the regular DualSense.

• brain
Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I might get it and do a little mini-review or something.... usually whenever I get these pro-controllers I barely ever actually use them though.

It is quite expensive for what you're getting, the materials look more or less the same, while on others I bought they had nice soft touch materials etc.

Edit: 240.... wow!
Christmas is coming up, GET TWO, you can be my Santa, saying that, that probably makes @TubzGaming an elf or Prancer lol.

Elf GIF

I get why people are talking about the price,its not aimed at me, but like my girl rogue @thicc_girls_are_teh_best says above, it all depends on how premium it is.

Looking forward to the ultimate @Bryank75 review now. :love:

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I honestly feel like spending more than $150 for a controller is too much. This thing is basically 1/3 the price of a PS5 and thts exorbitant imo. I really want it so I'll wait for one of those holiday sales later down the line. Damn Sony $199.99 number is off putting asf but I guess your PR team told you it looks better than $200 😂😂😂😂💵💵💵 foh.

• they're_right_you_know

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
And with more flexibility in user options, at least WRT the replaceable analog sticks.

I'm not surprised with the price; it's a premium product for a niche of the customer base who buy premium products. Of course the price is going to reflect that. It's absolutely not a necessity in order to actually play on the console, either; 100% optional.

I see some folks raging out about it and I can kind of understand the issues from those in Europe WRT the pricing, but at the end of the day if you feel the price is too high, wait for a discount offer/deal, buy one refurbished or used, or just...stick with the regular DualSense.

Or five of them, one thing its premium the other is overpriced, this thing is the second

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
I can adjust trigger effect via menus (turn it off that shit is junk)
I can replace sticks myself, and add textured grips myself

OMG A BRAIDED CORD FOR MY NIGHTLY CHARGING I WOULD PAY 300 (the batteries blow)

Back buttons appear to be the only thing I can't really replicate on the poverty model and I don't need to spend another hundred for duplicate buttons.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
I can adjust trigger effect via menus (turn it off that shit is junk)
I can replace sticks myself, and add textured grips myself

OMG A BRAIDED CORD FOR MY NIGHTLY CHARGING I WOULD PAY 300 (the batteries blow)

Back buttons appear to be the only thing I can't really replicate on the poverty model and I don't need to spend another hundred for duplicate buttons.
Okay then i guess you are not a fan?
Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
i was hyped about controller until i saw the price - 240€.
Jimbo want those sweet retirement bonuses. and we gonna fund it.

• Informative