The future of console is very bright - Mark Cerny interview with Dring

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022

"I think as long as we continue to create that very nice package, the future of consoles is pretty bright."

Cerny turns 60 this year, and it's at moments like this when one might look back on where they've been. He says he tries not to get nostalgic, but if there are days he looks back on with fondness, "it's probably back to the days when a single designer could lay out a third of a game, half of a game or even an entire game."

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
"I like to think that occasionally we’re even showing the way for the larger industry, and that our efforts end up benefiting those gaming on PC as well. It’s a tech-heavy example, but on PS4 we had very efficient GPU interfaces, and that may well have spurred DirectX to become more efficient in response. Or to look at something more consumer-focused, I believe that releasing PS5 in 2020 with a very high-performance integrated SSD put pressure on the PC world to get their corresponding DirectStorage API into the hands of their gamers."

"They had to get a used motherboard," he says. "That was the only way that they could build a PlayStation 5 equivalent for a PlayStation 5 price. And if you're using used parts… well you can get a used PlayStation 5 for eBay for $300-something."

😂😂😂

He's 100% right here, but watch the insecure PC cucks get extremely triggered by these statements 😂

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
881900927735439411.webp

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
"I like to think that occasionally we’re even showing the way for the larger industry, and that our efforts end up benefiting those gaming on PC as well. It’s a tech-heavy example, but on PS4 we had very efficient GPU interfaces, and that may well have spurred DirectX to become more efficient in response. Or to look at something more consumer-focused, I believe that releasing PS5 in 2020 with a very high-performance integrated SSD put pressure on the PC world to get their corresponding DirectStorage API into the hands of their gamers."

"They had to get a used motherboard," he says. "That was the only way that they could build a PlayStation 5 equivalent for a PlayStation 5 price. And if you're using used parts… well you can get a used PlayStation 5 for eBay for $300-something."

😂😂😂

He's 100% right here, but watch the insecure PC cucks get extremely triggered by these statements 😂
Interesting he brings up the 500 dollar price tag. I wonder if going forward thats the launch price they will aim for console? Pro included?

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Sad, that we have mark Cerny now talking about PC instead of just PlayStation.

Give me one hour of Cerny talking about the PS5 Pro, if we can't have games give me at least that.

Nintendo should've hired Mark Cerny for their next console, he doesn't deserve to see Sony destroying his work.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Cerny is a good guy and must suck for him to see his best hardware so far get undermined by its parent company while they shove him out to do PR to ease the growing narrative about PlayStation no longer being a main priority

Last edited:

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
PS5 was a great build. Fast, cool, quiet, fixed all the issues PS4 had. I wonder how they will up there game next gen. Still desire more when it comes to software UI (Proper Folders please)
PS6 gonna be awesome no doubt with Cerny

• Shake
Reactions: SSfox and anonpuffs

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
PS5 was a great build. Fast, cool, quiet, fixed all the issues PS4 had. I wonder how they will up there game next gen. Still desire more when it comes to software UI (Proper Folders please)
PS6 gonna be awesome no doubt with Cerny
The PS5 UI still feels like it's in Beta to me... thankfully it's a breeze to navigate at least.