The Game Awards 2023 | OT | The Star of The Live Show Field is the Doritos Pope

Who will win the most awards at the Game of The Year 2023?

• Baldur's Gate III

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Marvel's Spider Man 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alan Wake 2

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Super Mario Bros: Wonder

• Zelda: Tears of The Kingdom

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
HiFi Rush deserved audio design imo but yeah Forza didn’t deserve anything. It’s a joke that it won best sports/racing with all its issues.
audio design over dead space? spiderman? come on man. What about its audio design was that good? the fact that it was a rhythm game? lol okay, then how come Crypt of the Necrodancer never got nominated for anything when it came out?

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
Xbox fanatics declaring victory of the night but what do they have coming in terms of exclusivity in the next few months?

For Playstation they have:

- God of War Ragnarock DLC
- FFXVI DLC
- TLOU 2 Remaster
- RE4 Remake VR
- Helldivers 2
- Rise of the Ronin
- FFVII Rebirth

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Xbox fanatics declaring victory of the night but what do they have coming in terms of exclusivity in the next few months?

For Playstation they have:

- God of War Ragnarock DLC
- FFXVI DLC
- TLOU 2 Remaster
- RE4 Remake VR
- Helldivers 2
- Rise of the Ronin
- FFVII Rebirth
lol who the fuck cares about the bots, they're so inconsequential. All I know is I'm playing FF7 Rebirth and they don't even play games.

Reactions: Luffy123

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
audio design over dead space? spiderman? come on man. What about its audio design was that good? the fact that it was a rhythm game? lol okay, then how come Crypt of the Necrodancer never got nominated for anything when it came out?
No, the fact that the entire world revolves around the beat and everything syncs perfectly. Like the combat, the way the environment reacts, the platforming, boss fight movesets, enemy spawns, and even something as simple as picking up items revolves around the audio. All of it is immaculate audio design.

It's sad a great game like that is wasted on Xbox

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
No, the fact that the entire world revolves around the beat and everything syncs perfectly. Like the combat, the way the environment reacts, the platforming, boss fight movesets, enemy spawns, and even something as simple as picking up items revolves around the audio. All of it is immaculate audio design.

I'd suggest playing Metal Hellsinger, which is superior in every way, and came before. It got best score and music last year.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

It's sad a great game like that is wasted on Xbox
Have you played crypt of the necrodancer? it's a 2015 game that does everything you just stated.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Have you played crypt of the necrodancer? it's a 2015 game that does everything you just stated.
nope, never heard of it until now, im sure its good but a hack and slash game with amazing fun combos in a big beautiful world with great music >>>> jumping around in a little pixelated dungeon

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
nope, never heard of it until now, im sure its good but a hack and slash game with amazing fun combos in a big beautiful world with great music >>>> jumping around in a little pixelated dungeon
nah, not even close. First of all, in hifi rush the cutscenes and dialogue don't sync with the music so it's constantly breaking you off of the rhythm during combat (very annoying and immersion-breaking) and while the graphics and artstyle are very good for what it is, the rhythm part takes a backseat because you don't actually need to follow the rhythm when you attack.

meanwhile crypt of the necrodancer is almost like a mathematical dance where you absolutely need to solve combat to the rhythm.

For a similar game to hifirush except with less production value you can check out soundfall. This type of game is nothing new.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Not sure if it's the incredible music, but MH was much more fun than HiFi Rush for me.
I guess it's just preference, the combat reminded me a lot of Kingdom Hearts which is one of my favorite games
nah, not even close. First of all, in hifi rush the cutscenes and dialogue don't sync with the music so it's constantly breaking you off of the rhythm during combat (very annoying and immersion-breaking) and while the graphics and artstyle are very good for what it is, the rhythm part takes a backseat because you don't actually need to follow the rhythm when you attack.

meanwhile crypt of the necrodancer is almost like a mathematical dance where you absolutely need to solve combat to the rhythm.

For a similar game to hifirush except with less production value you can check out soundfall. This type of game is nothing new.
that's not immersion breaking at all, letting the story continue organically is much better than trying to force transitions with the games design. Its easy to do in small games like that one, but it wouldn't work in something like hifi rush

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I guess it's just preference, the combat reminded me a lot of Kingdom Hearts which is one of my favorite games

that's not immersion breaking at all, letting the story continue organically is much better than trying to force transitions with the games design. Its easy to do in small games like that one, but it wouldn't work in something like hifi rush
eh, it was really distracting to me. but i don't want to criticize it too much as it's still a good game.

Reactions: JAHGamer

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
Compared to Spiderman and Wolverine.

Both amazing characters with their own universe of Villains and lore.

Blade? Vampires?
Oh, so you don't like Blade as a comic book character over those two not the games themselves. Fair enough.