The Game Awards 2023 | OT | The Star of The Live Show Field is the Doritos Pope

Who will win the most awards at the Game of The Year 2023?

• Baldur's Gate III

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Marvel's Spider Man 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alan Wake 2

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Super Mario Bros: Wonder

• Zelda: Tears of The Kingdom

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Honestly Sony failed another opportunity to show case it's games

Like where TF is Death Stranding 2 and why is that bozo out there promoting a game that has barely started development

I think it’s understandable to tease a new project and to do a bigger DS2 showcase within 6 months to launch.

Sony did tease projects coming thru at least march tho if I recall.

I’m not a fan of announcing games like 5 years before their release (blade, perfect dark, fable etc…). That’s for list wars and sorta just fiction. They can get canned or never make it passed conceptual stages

• Shake
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Kojimas game is creepy looking I’ll say. Not much to be excited about it’s another Kojima game that’ll suck just like death stranding did. Segas announcement was definitely the best one. More sega games the better. And of course we all but knew baldurs gate was going to win an award.

avenovah

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
I thought they were going to announce a release date for Death Stranding 2, but it looks like the game will be released in 2025...

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
I think it’s understandable to tease a new project and to do a bigger DS2 showcase within 6 months to launch.

Sony did tease projects coming thru at least march tho if I recall.

I’m not a fan of announcing games like 5 years before their release (blade, perfect dark, fable etc…). That’s for list wars and sorta just fiction. They can get canned or never make it passed conceptual stages
I understand but surely Sony has some stuff that is within a 2 year window by now.

All we've seen is teases of GAAS garbage from first party and not even good teases. None of Sucker Punch, Naughty Dog, Sony Bend having anything to show after so long seems like poor form. Even Bluepoint and Asobi should surely be getting to the point they are ready to show something if they have anything. Media Molecule should as well but they seem like they didn't even start anything

Really only Santa Monica, Housemarque and Insomniac have released recently enough to just let them cook for now.

Microsoft has so much announced that they can literally just drip feed a bit of content and still add new announcements like last night and have a good presence

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I understand but surely Sony has some stuff that is within a 2 year window by now.

All we've seen is teases of GAAS garbage from first party and not even good teases. None of Sucker Punch, Naughty Dog, Sony Bend having anything to show after so long seems like poor form. Even Bluepoint and Asobi should surely be getting to the point they are ready to show something if they have anything. Media Molecule should as well but they seem like they didn't even start anything

Really only Santa Monica, Housemarque and Insomniac have released recently enough to just let them cook for now.

Microsoft has so much announced that they can literally just drip feed a bit of content and still add new announcements like last night and have a good presence

Dude what good “presence.” They’re selling less hardware than ever and destroyed their brand.

Trailers of vaporware means nothing. Retail performance and engagement of an actual launched products does. Most recent example… STARFIELD

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Ronin looks dope.

Figures that the only trailer that showed actual gameplay gets shit on. I guess not enough ideal in-game cinematic lighting conditions to trick you a game is good or actually looks like that outside of a cutscene.

Looks fantastic. Instantly recognizable pedigree. Gameplay and combat first. Looks deliberate and chunky. I expect a banger.

Elden Ring didn’t look good enough to sell 15 million and sweep all awards /s

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

That is an utter clownshoes take.

What does it matter to have a steady flow of trailers for games that are in development hell and come out as utter failures?

Is that how you win a generation? Smoke and mirrors?

If that’s the right approach, why has MS set a hard expiry date on Xbox?

Do some critical thinking and look beyond the glamour and manufactured hype.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
That is an utter clownshoes take.

What does it matter to have a steady flow of trailers for games that are in development hell and come out as utter failures?

Is that how you win a generation? Smoke and mirrors?

If that’s the right approach, why has MS set a hard expiry date on Xbox?

Do some critical thinking and look beyond the glamour and manufactured hype.
Don't care about any of that, I enjoy trailers and knowing what games are in development. It's that simple

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
How much do you bet they voted for Forza and Hifi in every category they could because the "Xbox tax" was trending while they were voting? Of course they also didn't vote for anything Spider-Man as a reaction, even if it was far more deserving.
The entire show was an Xbox pity party. It was obvious, but the games media will learn eventually. You can't isolate the market leaders... If the audience from those platforms stop watching, what's gonna happen?

But Sony and Nintendo both didn't invest much this year. I assume Microsoft swooped and tried to buy some mindshare, though judging the YouTube metrics no-one still cares..

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
The entire show was an Xbox pity party. It was obvious, but the games media will learn eventually. You can't isolate the market leaders... If the audience from those platforms stop watching, what's gonna happen?

But Sony and Nintendo both didn't invest much this year. I assume Microsoft swooped and tried to buy some mindshare, though judging the YouTube metrics no-one still cares..
Even the aftermath of the event is an Xbox pity party, the entire gaming media congratulating Xbox for an “amazing showing” and how Sony had a bad TGA presence 🤦‍♂️

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Who said that?
I get any single criticism of Sony gets your panties in a knot but maybe try to keep your insecure thoughts in your own head, lil bro
Sorry that displaying the capacity for thought makes you feel so jealous and insecure, baby sis.