The Gaming Press vs Fans! Who do you agree with when it comes to Resident Evil Games?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Well I took my time to think a bit more about…

So my TOP10 RE:
  1. Resident Evil
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. REmake
  4. Resident Evil 7
  5. Resudent Evil Code Veronica
  6. Resident Evil 3
  7. Resident Evil 8
  8. REmake 2
  9. Resident Evil 4
  10. REmake 4

Reactions: Kokoloko
OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Well I took my time to think a bit more about…

So my TOP10 RE:
  1. Resident Evil
  2. Resident Evil 2
  3. REmake
  4. Resident Evil 7
  5. Resudent Evil Code Veronica
  6. Resident Evil 3
  7. Resident Evil 8
  8. REmake 2
  9. Resident Evil 4
  10. REmake 4
You played re4 remake?

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Just a bit… it can go up in my TOP10… I just not played enough to be there yet.

But it is better than RE5, RE6 and REmake 3.
out of curiosity since RE7 is just out of your top 3, what did you think of it's DLC's?
I love RE7's main game but It's DLC is so polarizing to me.
I loved not a hero, and the sisters dlc.
Ethan must die is mostly fun but I do hate the RNG required to beat marguerite at the end.

But all the other DLCs I hate
End of Zoe plays so weird and the crocodile parts of that game were horrible especially if you went to the no weapons run trophy
nightmare and night terror are just so boring
same with 21 and I hate the RNG you need to get all the trophies
lastly the bedroom dlc is alright I guess but a little boring too.

Once I get all the trophies for end of Zoe on PS5 I am never playing RE7 again for atleast a decade.
I loved the main game but my goodness those DLC trophies were horrible!

Last edited:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
RE4 finally getting shat in a thread on a forum?? So good to see it, what an overrated game.

To everyone slandering RE5 🖕🏽

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
RE4 finally getting shat in a thread on a forum?? So good to see it, what an overrated game.

To everyone slandering RE5 🖕🏽
you must be pretty new here if this is the first time you've seen RE4 shat on in this place.
There are a bunch of 40 years olds here who hold a grudge against this game for "ruining the series"
The only saving grace is that there are more people who shit on RE5 and RE6 here than RE4

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
out of curiosity since RE7 is just out of your top 3, what did you think of it's DLC's?
I love RE7's main game but It's DLC is so polarizing to me.
I loved not a hero, and the sisters dlc.
Ethan must die is mostly fun but I do hate the RNG required to beat marguerite at the end.

But all the other DLCs I hate
End of Zoe plays so weird and the crocodile parts of that game were horrible especially if you went to the no weapons run trophy
nightmare and night terror are just so boring
same with 21 and I hate the RNG you need to get all the trophies
lastly the bedroom dlc is alright I guess but a little boring too.

Once I get all the trophies for end of Zoe on PS5 I am never playing RE7 again for atleast a decade.
I loved the main game but my goodness those DLC trophies were horrible!
I played RE7 in VR maybe that is why I really like it as something amazing… I choose not to play both RE7 and RE8 before the VR option be out.

Maybe I should play them without VR? I don’t know… I just played the Beginning Hour demo in that way.

About the DLCs I think there are a lot of experimentations and I most play them for the background story that makes even the worst ones tolerable.

I think Ethan Must Die is garbage as gameplay and puzzles… at same time Bedroom was the pinnacle.
The others some I like and others not but neither left a big impression to me like these others two I listed.

I’m not used to replay games again in the future (I have little time to play new games so if I keep replaying old ones I miss most of the
)… so I will probably never play it again unless some remake happens.

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
I played RE7 in VR maybe that is why I really like it as something amazing… I choose not to play both RE7 and RE8 before the VR option be out.

Maybe I should play them without VR? I don’t know… I just played the Beginning Hour demo in that way.

About the DLCs I think there are a lot of experimentations and I most play them for the background story that makes even the worst ones tolerable.

I think Ethan Must Die is garbage as gameplay and puzzles… at same time Bedroom was the pinnacle.
The others some I like and others not but neither left a big impression to me like these others two I listed.

I’m not used to replay games again in the future (I have little time to play new games so if I keep replaying old ones I miss most of the
)… so I will probably never play it again unless some remake happens.
End of Zoe is the worst for me, those crocodile parts were so aggravating. Also the ending is so weird. Why does Joe want to kill his brother Jack so bad!
Are they psychopaths'? in the main game they did an amazing job making you feel for Jack baker after Ethan talks to him in the hive dream and in the End of Zoe DLC they treat him like he is a unredeemable villian.
I just got all the trophies in it nd man do I hate playing that mode. Ethan must Die I use to hate alot until after enough tries I was able to consistently get to the margarite boss fight but there is were 90% of my runs were end.
I was able to beat Ethan Must Die on my first try on the PS5 version (Maybe the 120fps helped?)
But the DLC overall was such a mixed bag for me. Some DLCs I loved and some I really really hated

Reactions: ethomaz