Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
Final Fantasy X
Ffxboxart.jpg

easily the best Final Fantasy 🙌

Resident Evil 2 remake
a2pjQsMs6Ymob4c3wlzI_Jc76cLGeR_IBDBStexl06E_350x200_1x-0-1.jpeg

Resident Evil 4
MV5BOGVkNjEyN2EtMjRiYi00ZWY1LThkOWItZTNkNjA0MTE4YmRhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxNDQwMzA@._V1_.jpg

Can't wait for the remake, It's going to be a whole next level.

Bloodborne
Sy5e8DmeKIJVjlAGraPAJYkT.png

DMC 5
57514_Devil_May_Cry_5.jpg

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Some fantastic games there... I would be on the same page as @PropellerEar . Even though they are great games, they are not near my top 5 but it's all down to taste, genre and how you felt at a given time when playing them.

For me MGS3, GT3 and at least one between GOW3, GOWR or GOW 2018 would feature. Along with maybe Mario Galaxy, Pokemon Silver / Gold, Zelda OoT and Shadow of the Colossus. Bloodborne is probably the right From game to include...

But I just wanted to give an idea of my taste... I also love Ghost of Tsushima but feel they can improve it more with a bigger budget and Death Stranding along with many Naughty Dog games would be up there too....

OP
OP
Oogabooga

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
What makes you pick FFX Into your top 5?
It basically set a new standard for JRPG when it came out. 3rd environment, voice acting. You can see its influence until this day. The self-discovery story is original and It has the perfect gameplay in the series imo. Every boss requires different strategy and mechanics to beat, it's interesting. I loved being able to control and switch party members anytime and being able to control all the summons. The sphere grid is fantastic. It was a cultural reset.

Last edited:

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
It basically set a new standard for JRPG when it came out. 3rd environment, voice acting. You can see its influence until this day. The self-discovery story was original and It has the perfect gameplay in the series imo. I loved being able to control and switch party members anytime and being able to control all the summons. The sphere grid is fantastic. It was a cultural reset.
I can't argue with those points.

Reactions: Bryank75

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
That's a great top 5!

My Top 5 would be
1. RE4
2. LittleBigPlanet
3. RE2 (PS1)
4. GOW 2018
5. Metal Gear Solid 4

I actually made a list of my top 100 favorite video games which was so hard once you got past like 40 because of little differences between certain games making me wonder if they should rank where they should or not!

OP
OP
Oogabooga

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
That's a great top 5!

My Top 5 would be
1. RE4
2. LittleBigPlanet
3. RE2 (PS1)
4. GOW 2018
5. Metal Gear Solid 4

I actually made a list of my top 100 favorite video games which was so hard once you got past like 40 because of little differences between certain games making me wonder if they should rank where they should or not!
I was hesitated between metal gear solid 4 and DMC 5, but I just love the gameplay of DMC 5 a bit more. Great taste btw.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
That's a great top 5!

My Top 5 would be
1. RE4
2. LittleBigPlanet
3. RE2 (PS1)
4. GOW 2018
5. Metal Gear Solid 4

My son loves LBP but he mostly plays 3.... it's funny cause it came out a year and a half after he was born and it took a few years after that till he had the dexterity etc to play competently.

He is always making levels based on SOTC and other games in the level making side of the game. I'm always impressed by what he can make in there.
Recently got him most of the level packs and costumes I could see. He got the monster pack for Halloween and GOW stuff recently too.

He is always asking me about the first 2 games...

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Super Metroid - was undisputed favorite for almost 20 years.

Destiny 2 - current all time favorite also kinda doesn’t count because it’s always changing . The one shooter to rule them all.

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike/SF4 - SF4’s online component was a ginormous game changer but third strike is still the best to play. I actually adored the third strike remaster on ps3 with online play. It was glorious and needs a rerelease asap.

WaveRace 64/fzero gx/burnout 3/rallisport challenge 2 - best arcade racers of all time but if I have to choose it’s WaveRace. Love all these games.

Ragnarok/bloodborne - 3d metroidvania at their best. Current favorite single player games of all time.

Super Mario 64, the 2 N64 Zelda games are also up there. MGS3, RE4, RE2 (both versions) and ROBOTRON 2084 is up there. Listen some times I want to call ROBOTRON the best game of all time … it’s the foundation for shooters and action games.

I don’t have a clear cut top 5 or 10. A lot of those games are my favorites ever in their respective areas and overall.

Last edited: