The greatest 5 games ever made

OP
OP
Oogabooga

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
Just realised none of my favorite games are open world 😵 shows how severely overrated open world games are

Reactions: Muddasar
OP
OP
Oogabooga

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
Wanted to add mine in no particular order
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • The Last of Us Part 2
  • God of War Ragnarok (yes)
  • Resident Evil 2 (Og)
  • Death Stranding
Good list, but I would personally delete red dead redemption 2 game is overrated as hell.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Good list, but I would personally delete red dead redemption 2 game is overrated as hell.

Fair, but to me more important than anything (with the exception of Resi2) is the story. I could realistically replace RDR2 with something like Silent Hill and Death Stranding with something like Sonic (between 1 and 3), but I like my games narrative heavy.

To be fair, there's way too many games I love that a 5 list is not fair at all :LOL: I could add stuff like Beyond Two Souls, Detroit Become Human, Silent Hill 2, Dino Crisis... Many more.

OP
OP
Oogabooga

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
Fair, but to me more important than anything (with the exception of Resi2) is the story. I could realistically replace RDR2 with something like Silent Hill and Death Stranding with something like Sonic (between 1 and 3), but I like my games narrative heavy.

To be fair, there's way too many games I love that a 5 list is not fair at all :LOL: I could add stuff like Beyond Two Souls, Detroit Become Human, Silent Hill 2, Dino Crisis... Many more.
Honestly even the story isn't that great. there are times where I thought it dragged with the same narrative over and over again, it got really boring. dutch has a plan, Tahiti, dutch needs money, dutch gets fxxked in the ass, repeat. It only gets really good near the end when Arthur caught tuberculosis. Combat isn't satisfying, which is a very important thing for me personally. It just felt like a movie with a bit of messed up gunslinging mechanics in it, there's barely any combat in this game. It's not a satisfying experience. The gang dynamics and NPCs interactions were great though, but overall meh...

Last edited:

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
You're gonna make me say it aren't you?

Resident Evil 4, for it's impact on modern TPS / over the shoulder shooting.

Although I now feel dirty.
I hate RE4, for its impact on the RE playstyle and lore. Fingers crossed RE4make is good.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
All this RE4 love is making me feel
Awesome Seth Meyers GIF by Saturday Night Live

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
All this RE4 love is making me feel
Awesome Seth Meyers GIF by Saturday Night Live
Not me, boooo!
Lol

Why couldn't RE4 movement mechanics evolving to RE6's be the Action Horror continuation of Dino Crisis? I'm on the wrong timeline for sure.

kaluas

3 Oct 2022
HTF can you guys do that? It'd be easier if you told me to shoot 5 of my family members, and i am in a family of 4. It shouldn't be Top 5 Greatest games, it should have been Top 10 gaming franchises and even then i would feel tortured for leaving another 10 out of the list.

PS Why, in everything that is HOLY, noone included Metal Gear Solid or an Elder Scrolls? This is how WWIII starts.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
personally, i would have top 20. but if i have to near it down, it would be :
God of War
God of War Ragnarok
Bloodborne
Witcher 3.

after that :
Nier Automata, Yakuza 0, Uncharted 2, Mass Effect 2, Borderlands 2, Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption, Diablo, Ghost of Tsushima, Days Gone, NioH, NioH 2,
Horizon Forbidden West, Sekiro, Gran Turismo 4, LittleBigPlanet.

D

Deleted member 13

Wow. I must be REALLY old compared to you guys! :LOL:

Greatest 5 games *ever* made to me??

Dragon's Lair
Zork 1
Zelda : Ocarina of Time
Baldur's Gate 2
Mortal Kombat

• brain

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Oh damn! How could I forget Street Fighter 2. No game had a bigger impression on me than this game! It consumed me and I spent hundreds of quarters at the Bodega or arcade playing this game!

• haha
Reactions: Deleted member 13
D

Deleted member 13

Oh damn! How could I forget Street Fighter 2. No game had a bigger impression on me than this game! It consumed me and I spent hundreds of quarters at the Bodega or arcade playing this game!
Yea man. I had to think back past all these modern games and remember all the games that influenced me when I grew up. Dragon's Lair was such an inspiration to me after playing D&D table top that I have the actual arcade machine in my computer room. LOL!

• fire

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Wow. I must be REALLY old compared to you guys! :LOL:

Greatest 5 games *ever* made to me??

Dragon's Lair
Zork 1
Zelda : Ocarina of Time
Baldur's Gate 2
Mortal Kombat
I spent alot of quarters also playing Dragons Lair. It's very vivid in my childhood memories. Virtua Racer too when Sega had those nice arcade set ups.