The Last of Us Part I - Launch Trailer | PS5 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
No. I'm just exposing what it is lol
It is a second graphical upgrade for a game launched in 2013.

It is hard to you accept it? I don't know but that is what is being released... there is zero incentive to anybody that played the game play again unless maybe you want to see better graphics.

Not hard to accept, it's wrong.

- (some) New animations
- (some) New weapons and weapon rebalancing (shotgun for example)
- New AI (improved from TLOU2)
- Revamped graphics

That's a lot more than just graphics. You're wrong, move on.

And its not hard to accept reality, but I don't like false information. That's all.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Not hard to accept, it's wrong.

- (some) New animations
- (some) New weapons and weapon rebalancing (shotgun for example)
- New AI (improved from TLOU2)
- Revamped graphics

That's a lot more than just graphics. You're wrong, move on.

And its not hard to accept reality, but I don't like false information. That's all.
Some lol
Some lol

At the end it is a second graphical updgrade for a 2013 game 🤷‍♂️

I have no ideia why you want to make that release something it is not... it is not a new game... it is the same game with better graphics.

P

peter42O

It's a remake. The AI is massively improved, there's new gameplay opportunities due to some new weapons, some of the animations from TLOU2 were brought in as well.

It's not the exact same game, lots of QoL improvements.

I don't view or see TLOUP1 as a remake. I see it as a visual remaster. Plenty of games have remasters that added new weapons, quality of life improvements, etc. REmake2 for example is a remake. Is it better and more impressive than the 2014 remaster? Absolutely but a remake? To each their own but I just don't see it as such.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ethomaz

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
I don't view or see TLOUP1 as a remake. I see it as a visual remaster. Plenty of games have remasters that added new weapons, quality of life improvements, etc. REmake2 for example is a remake. Is it better and more impressive than the 2014 remaster? Absolutely but a remake? To each their own but I just don't see it as such.

You don't need to view it as anything. It's a remake. The difference between a remaster and a remake here is non-subjective, as the game was literally remade (plus all QoL).

Resi2, in spite of the name, is more akin to a reimagining than a remake. And this is not my opinion, btw:

“We’ve been calling it a remake as well internally. It’s kind of a nickname – ‘Resi 2 Remake’,” producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi tells me. “But I think that’s a word that has a different amount of depth depending on the person. You can define a remake as quite a basic polish of a game graphically or resolution-wise. Or you can define a remake that’s a complete rethinking of the entire game.”

We initially started with the concept of a 50-50 split between essentially untouched content from the original game and then new stuff was added,” reveals Hirabayashi. “But when we put together that concept we realised it was a bit neither here-nor-there… We had to go further. That’s when we started thinking of it as a reimagining of the entire game.

“Since we took that stance, ‘reimagining’ is the word we’ve been using to describe it rather than ‘remake’. I think it gets across a better sense of how much this game has changed.”

I added this to a previous discussion around this topic. This is related to my experience with Music, not necessarily with gaming knowledge, but provides added context on the utilisation of these words since the "remaster" concept originated from the music and film industries.

As a side note, remaster has been a term coined by the music or movie industry to describe a process where you grab the old unmastered or mastered tapes / files of a movie or a song and go through the process of mastering them again. In music, which I'm more intimate with, the production process it's usually something like:
  1. Music is recorded by an artist or band in the form of individual tracks per instrument
  2. Music is mixed by the sound engineer which then usually requires a master (some bands opt to not master their music)
  3. Music is mastered by the mastering engineer
A remaster either grabs the product produced by the sound engineer and goes through the process of mastering it again, or grabs the product produced by the mastering engineer and applies a new master on it (increased audio levels, more compression, added reverb, new EQ, etc). Ideally you want this process done on the original mixed tapes or audio files, and not on top of an existing master.

There's also the process of producing a remix, where you grab the files produced in step 1 above and go through the process of remixing them. Mixing is the process where your whole soundscape is created, your stereo panning, individual instrument EQ, Reverb, Compression, etc. There's also the context of remixing in electronic music, where you grab existing tracks and rearrange them or implement them in different circumstances.

Reactions: peter42O

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Some lol
Some lol

At the end it is a second graphical updgrade for a 2013 game 🤷‍♂️

I have no ideia why you want to make that release something it is not... it is not a new game... it is the same game with better graphics.

You know what I just read? Lack of arguments. You just restated the same bullshit you've been spouting and ignored the facts to try and prove a point. Stop humiliating yourself, it's sad.

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
We have no idea how much the non-visual improvements actually matter.

Nobody cares about definitions of words when playing a game.. if the game mostly feels like just a graphical remaster, it doesn't matter if it's a "remake" other than semantics.

Wait for reviews before proclaiming this just a remaster IMO.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ethomaz

Hobbygaming

27 Jun 2022

It is hard to you accept it? I don't know but that is what is being released... there is zero incentive to anybody that played the game play again unless maybe you want to see better graphics.
There's some better animations, audio, haptics, adaptive triggers, better physics and stuff like that, we'll see how big of a difference it makes

I trust Naughty Dog though so I'm confident it'll be a greater experience

Hobbygaming

27 Jun 2022
I have a feeling there's going to be a surprise or too in this remake it's a hunch that I have

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
I'm gonna get it but once it's on sale.
Tess voice doesn't match her age. She looks in her 50s yet she sound in her 20s wtf... terrible decision, her old face and age matched her much better.

D

Deleted member 140

The game is looking very good and I'm looking forward to playing it, don't understand the negativity around it!

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Hobbygaming

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

Demon's Souls was the exact same too. Just a visual upgrade, and it sold more than 1 million copies comfortably, despite being a launch PS5 title.

TLOU Part 1 Remake can sell more than 3 million copies because of how beloved and popular it is -- especially with the HBO TV series coming up soon. 3 million additional copies and 500K-1,000K new fans of the franchise for a 10-year-old game is a pretty wise investment however you look at it.

Reactions: Hobbygaming

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The game is looking very good and I'm looking forward to playing it, don't understand the negativity around it!
It's The Last of Us. That's enough to trigger petty people nowadays lol. No surprises.

Half of them still can't deal with the fact that Joel died and they didn't get their "and-they-lived-happily-ever-after" story, and half of them are just Xbox fanboys who are jealous of TLOU and want to bring it down.

D

Deleted member 140

It's The Last of Us. That's enough to trigger petty people nowadays lol. No surprises.

Half of them still can't deal with the fact that Joel died and they didn't get their "and-they-lived-happily-ever-after" story, and half of them are just Xbox fanboys who are jealous of TLOU and want to bring it down.

True! And I like how the new box emphasizes the role of Ellie:

ps5-tlou-box-art-front-pegi

D

Deleted member 140

Yeah there was a big push from the dev team for Ellie to be on the cover of the original even though marketing did not want that. Old cover is a lot better imo.

I would love to know if there was any internal backlash for the new cover, where Ellie is even more prominent, because I'm sure some in the marketing department had an issue with it, after all the controversy regarding TLOU2.

ParaSeoul

24 Jun 2022
I would love to know if there was any internal backlash for the new cover, where Ellie is even more prominent, because I'm sure some in the marketing department had an issue with it, after all the controversy regarding TLOU2.
Don't think so, Ellie is well liked and everyone knows what they're getting into with the first game. I'm not really a fan of the floating head style poster cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.