The Last of Us Part I | NEW : Features and Gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I’m glad im not one of those people that always play the original game before the sequel comes out. I probably wouldn’t be as excited for this if i had just played it again two years ago

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Hobbygaming

27 Jun 2022

get it orlando magic GIF by NBA

D

Deleted member 13

This is exactly what I have been preaching for years.

The original vision of a studio for a game is much much greater than the current hardware can handle. When you can add higher res textures, a better lighting engine, more accurate shadows+anisotropic filtering levels+samples, denser assets, higher resolution normal maps + displacement maps, higher resolution framebuffer, faster FPS, etc.. you get what the original team had envisioned.

I'm personally always looking for the hardware that can do that. I don't care what brand it is. If it's capable of bringing out the true vision of the developers, I'm going to buy it.

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
This is exactly what I have been preaching for years.

The original vision of a studio for a game is much much greater than the current hardware can handle. When you can add higher res textures, a better lighting engine, more accurate shadows+anisotropic filtering levels+samples, denser assets, higher resolution normal maps + displacement maps, higher resolution framebuffer, faster FPS, etc.. you get what the original team had envisioned.

I'm personally always looking for the hardware that can do that. I don't care what brand it is. If it's capable of bringing out the true vision of the developers, I'm going to buy it.

On the other hand, having a vision for something greater than what your hardware is actually capable of, and still managing to fit as much as possible of that vision within these constraints, is what differentiates excellent devs from good devs. Imho.

D

Deleted member 13

On the other hand, having a vision for something greater than what your hardware is actually capable of, and still managing to fit as much as possible of that vision within these constraints, is what differentiates excellent devs from good devs. Imho.
That's a fair point. But a lot of constraints will indeed destroy fidelity. I don't want to run a demo like Matrix @ 1080p upscaled. I would lose so much details from the texture/lighting pipeline. It will look significantly better running at the true 4k resolution where all the assets/framebuffers are at their best approximation.

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
That's a fair point. But a lot of constraints will indeed destroy fidelity. I don't want to run a demo like Matrix @ 1080p upscaled. I would lose so much details from the texture/lighting pipeline. It will look significantly better running at the true 4k resolution where all the assets/framebuffers are at their best approximation.
It must've been really hard for you to enjoy anything before 4K TVs.

D

Deleted member 13

No.. only because everything was scaled appropriately. At 1080p on 1024x1024 textures, 1080p framebuffers and an output to a 1080p TV would be consistent.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It is only a issue in 4k TVs or 8k TVs.
The actual content in 1080p TVs sets are fine.

Games really need to introvert render, textures, etc for 4k TVs and it won’t happen with actual console hardware.

PC do a way better job for 4k TVs but it still not there… maybe next generation of GPUs.

Status
Not open for further replies.