The Last of Us Part I | NEW : Features and Gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
It is only a issue in 4k TVs or 8k TVs.
The actual content in 1080p TVs sets are fine.

Games really need to introvert render, textures, etc for 4k TVs and it won’t happen with actual console hardware.

PC do a way better job for 4k TVs but it still not there… maybe next generation of GPUs.
What are you guys even talking about? Both of you speak as if the recontruction tech we have today didn't exist. Not to mention that even plain 1440p in a 4K screen looks more than fine.

I assume you both also only watch ultra HD blu ray as well correct?

D

Deleted member 13

What are you guys even talking about? Both of you speak as if the recontruction tech we have today didn't exist. Not to mention that even plain 1440p in a 4K screen looks more than fine.

A reconstruction technique is still trying to fill in gaps where there is no data. In the rendering pipeline, you take several samples of things in order to approximate the rendering equation. If you take low samples to save on bandwidth, and then upscale the results, you still have missing information between adjacent samples. It won't be the same.

For example, if a developer makes 2k textures and the console can't filter those large textures with enough accuracy (anisotropic filtering of say 4x instead of 16x), then no reconstruction technique will give you an equivalent approximation like a 16x sample of the texture would - thus the textures would look more blurred at grazing angles compared to a system that does sample at 16x.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

You sound likes reconstruction techs are that good… it is hit and miss and even when the results are good it is still average in terms of IQ.

I mean most reconstructions tech blur a lot the image.

1440p on 4k TVs doesn’t look fine… it start to become fine around 1800p imo.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 13

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
You sound likes reconstruction techs are that good… it is hit and miss and even when the results are good it is still average in terms of IQ.

Both of you make it sound like native 4k comes at no cost. Native 4K is garbage, a comple waste of resources.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Both of you make it sound like native 4k comes at no cost. Native 4K is garbage, a comple waste of resources.
There is a cost that is why I said this generation hardware is not there… even PC top hardware has issues with 4k and 60fps…. maybe next GPUs will be better.

Plus I’m totally aware that the move from 1080p to 4k for TVs manufactures are precoce… even streaming services and content doesn’t delivery proper 4k.

It will get better over the years… 4k one day will be like 1080p today… just remember when all content was 480p and TV manufacturers were selling 1080p TVs.

But hey TVs manufactures are already testing waters with 8k 🤷‍♂️

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
There is a cost that is why I said this generation hardware is not there… even PC top hardware has issues with 4k and 60fps…. maybe next GPUs will be better.

Plus I’m totally aware that the move from 1080p to 4k for TVs manufactures are precoce… even streaming services and content doesn’t delivery proper 4k.

It will get better over the years… 4k one day will be like 1080p today… just remember when all content was 480p and TV manufacturers were selling 1080p TVs.
There will always be a cost, 4K is the lamest improvement in IQ I've ever seen.

With your mentality you'd be complainimg that things weren't native 8K if devs were targeting native 4K anyway.

NVidia, AMD, Sony they all figured out reconstruction makes a lot more sense a long time ago. Get on whit the times.

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
Proper 4k shows details to a unbearable level… you can see the skin pores in the actors.
Who cares? Go to the movies if IQ matters so much to you.

I wouldn't watch any movie in anything less than IMAX, if a movie isn't shot for IMAX I don't even bother with it.

Why stop at 4K anyway? 8K is at the very least 4 times better. You can lick the screen and feel each individual pixel.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Wasn't UE5 in 2k? Everyone thought it was native 4k.
Demons Souls 2k looked fairly very close to resolution mode.
If you Matrix demo? Yes, it was 1080p and it was noticeable if you played it.

Now streaming from conferences well it was low quality so you couldn’t notice anything.

Cragarmi

Moderator- From the United Kingdom
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

Depend on screen size as to what Res you need for upscaling to look good.

Themaskedcrag

Cunning Linguist
13 Jul 2022

Now streaming from conferences well it was low quality so you couldn’t notice anything.
It was noticeable it wasn't native 4k in the Matrix demo, but most would have thought it was much higher than 1080p, the reconstruction tech in UE5 is pretty fantastic really. If it went from a base of 1440p, I doubt many people would notice the difference between that and 4k at normal viewing distances. Returnal looks amazing from a base of below 1080, sure it's clear it's not native 4k, but it looks much higher than 1080p. True 4k just isn't as important anymore, at least not to me.

OP
OP
Gediminas

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

not matrix demo. UE5 Reveal on PS5

Status
Not open for further replies.