The Last of Us Part I Rebuilt for PS5 - Features and Gameplay Trailer | PS5 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
I don't even care about the remake vs remaster definition debate. It's stupid and irrelevant to me and probably just about as dorky as debating about what's a "real RPG or not."

The reality is remake remaster whatever you want to call it, it is not naughty dogs best effort being put into this. I expect better, but maybe they're hit with budget cuts after tlou2 copies not selling as much due to sensitive "fans."
Such and irrelevant comment.

• haha
Reactions: Deleted member 13

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I don't even care about the remake vs remaster definition debate. It's stupid and irrelevant to me and probably just about as dorky as debating about what's a "real RPG or not."

The reality is remake remaster whatever you want to call it, it is not naughty dogs best effort being put into this. I expect better, but maybe they're hit with budget cuts after tlou2 copies not selling as much due to sensitive "fans."
source for these budget cuts?

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
I disagree Remakes are know to be a remake from original.
Remasters are know to just better graphics and different aesthetics… the core game is unchanged.

Why do you think REmake is considered the standard in the industry? Because the changes goes from core game until better graphics… it is a different game.
I don't understand this thinking, the reason RE1 remake is looked at as the industry standard is more because it retains almost everything from the original and adds to it. (They changed the yawn fight to the library in the remake, an got rid of the library puzzle from RE1 and instead put a similar puzzle in the room where you fight yawn in the original game.) If you ask hardcore fans RE fans about RE2 and RE3 remakes they don't consider them remakes because they changed and got rif of some stuff (In RE3's case a good amount of stuff event tho that one might be my favorite remake of all the REmakes.) but consider them reimaginings. In fact Capcom considers RE2 and RE3 remakes new games. Ask any RE4 fan how they want RE4 remake and most of them will tell you just keep it the same game just better graphics and if you bring up changes they should make a lot of RE4 purist get mad!

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
It's not Naughty Dog's best effort because it's literally being done by a side team as a side project. Their next franchise will probably have the largest budget out of any Sony game ever...

Is it a $70 effort to PS fans who have played it multiple times before? Probably not, but there's new additions which may make that price reasonable.. such as being brand new to the PC audience, as well as stuff like the accessibility modes which could open the game up to an entire new group of people who could never play it before.
i literally don't care, it is second team, third team or any other excuse, they are asking the price like it was their A team, best of the best, on this project, so i expect best of the best.

Reactions: Theap99

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
i literally don't care, it is second team, third team or any other excuse, they are asking the price like it was their A team, best of the best, on this project, so i expect best of the best.
Nothing wrong with that. And nobody is forcing you to buy it....

So since you know that this isn't the main team... and that it's not taking resources from the main team... there's nothing to be upset about.

Hobbygaming

27 Jun 2022

You have to also consider that Naughty Dog has 2 bigger AAA projects they're working on

This remake still looks great, if you don't like what you see then ignore it

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Nothing wrong with that. And nobody is forcing you to buy it....

So since you know that this isn't the main team... and that it's not taking resources from the main team... there's nothing to be upset about.
But they are taking recourses, it is either from their main game or from helping main team.
Anyways. I would have preferred is they remastered/remaked Infamous/Killzone/Resistance, but those games isn't glamorous enough for jimbo to bother.

Reactions: ethomaz

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
But they are taking recourses, it is either from their main game or from helping main team.
Anyways. I would have preferred is they remastered/remaked Infamous/Killzone/Resistance, but those games isn't glamorous enough for jimbo to bother.
This remake/remaster.. whatever you want to call it.. is happening due to multiple reasons:

-They want to bring the first game up to the same visual level as part 2.. to have them become a more cohesive whole
-They have downtime between projects. Their new game will be a new IP, and that takes much longer... this gives the team work to do, and allows that team to gain more knowledge with the hardware
-It's coming to PC... like it or not, there's a new audience they're hoping to find on PC and a lot of what they're doing for this project.. such as the engine and assets, will apply and be useful for the port of TLOU2 for PC
-They've got TLOU HBO show coming up... they're hoping a new audience of people will see the show, and look into buying the game... again this ties into having both TLOU Part 1 and Part 2 "look the part".. and vice-versa.. that fans of the games will check out the HBO show

So relatively speaking... despite the MASSIVE amount of work being put into this game... they're hoping to get a lot of return for it... monetary wise, experience wise, and audience wise.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 13

Now I DO agree with that. It should not be $70 to play.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022

Example of why it is RECOMMENDED to play the #TheLastofUs 🍄 before playing the nearby #TheLastofUsParteI 🌿 . In the originals, Ellie CANNOT MOVE when throwing a bottle. In the remake, #MotionMatching through, it moves like

People who are saying they didn’t make any changes are lying to themselves

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
Now I DO agree with that. It should not be $70 to play.
Based on the quality of the game it should cost way more than $70. If garbage like Halo Infinite single player campaign that takes about 10h to beat, looks and plays like a 360 game can be released for $60 without anyone complaining about the price I think it's justified for ND to charge full price for their remake of one of the most critically acclaimed games ever and a huge commercial success.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 13

Based on the quality of the game it should cost way more than $70, if garbage like Halo Infinite single player campaign can be released for $60 without anyone complaining about the price I think is justified for ND, to charge full price for their remake of one of the most critically acclaimed ever and huge commercial success.
Now we can't get into subjective opinions on the content of a game and it's selling price. That's just too much of a rabbit hole to enter. If we go by that logic, then most RPGs should be the $70 games and everything else should be much much lower.

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
Now we can't get into subjective opinions on the content of a game and it's selling price. That's just too much of a rabbit hole to enter. If we go by that logic, then most RPGs should be the $70 games and everything else should be much much lower.
Oh so it's only not subjective when complaining about ND? Makes zero sense.

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
The price you'd pay for a game is always 100% subjective, and is informed by things like quality, and what the individual considers fair for price of entry

I dont consider most Nintendo games worth $60 USD but others do.

There is no such thing as an objective opinion on price

Status
Not open for further replies.