The location made Ghost of Tsushima, where would you like Jin to go next?

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
The beautiful locations of Tsushima & Iki Island were central to the enjoyment of GOT. Even the story was dependent on the history of the Island.

So, where would you like to see Jin go next, within reason? Mainland Japan? Okinawa? Korea?

Show us some cool images to convince us, if you can.

Game Playing GIF by PlayStation
Galloping On My Way GIF by PlayStation

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Eternal_Wings

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
The beautiful locations of Tsushima & Iki Island were central to the enjoyment of GOT. Even the story was dependent on the history of the Island.

So, where would you like to see Jin go next, within reason? Mainland Japan? Okinawa? Korea?

Show us some cool images to convince us, if you can.

Game Playing GIF by PlayStation
Galloping On My Way GIF by PlayStation
pity, but Jin will be release to pension..

i heard, they found extremely well known ninja in Japan history, represent Japan at its finest..

ywr9VY.gif

Last edited:

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
I think the second game likely would represent the second invasion of the Mongols.

A third game should move on to a different character and a different timeline.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Yep, the second game would make sense when the Mongols later attacked mainland Japan (Hakata Bay), either a few days later or in the second invasion 7 years later.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I think the Warring states period would be a lot more interesting, or they could even do the Sino-Japanese war that would be fun

Reactions: TigerFang

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
They should ditch japan for the next one and go to korea after 2, we can get a different viewpoint. The japanese invaded Korea, same like the mongols and the koreans barely repelled them. Gives us a new perspective keeping the same premise

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
With Jin embracing the ghost ethos in the first game... i hope wherever they go next is heavily forested, like where the visibility is <20ft due to how much underbrush and trees/bamboo are there. Would love like proper hit and run assassin warfare in the open world, not just vs encampments

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
Unfortunately I think they will keep the game in the island, even though they should be taking Jin to the mainland.

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
why do you think so?

Technically a really big challenge, how much more in terms of scope can they really go for? I suspect at best they will take Jin to the mainland in a mission and bring him straight back. They will make the Island feel bigger and have more density.

Then there’s the story and characters, which tie him to the Island. For the setting to be the mainland they would have to be writing a really large story, with a lot of plot, a lot of new characters.

If this is a comic book, a book, a movie, they take him to mainland. But I don’t think Sucker Punch has the resources to do it, too ambitious.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Technically a really big challenge, how much more in terms of scope can they really go for? I suspect at best they will take Jin to the mainland in a mission and bring him straight back. They will make the Island feel bigger and have more density.

Then there’s the story and characters, which tie him to the Island. For the setting to be the mainland they would have to be writing a really large story, with a lot of plot, a lot of new characters.

If this is a comic book, a book, a movie, they take him to mainland. But I don’t think Sucker Punch has the resources to do it, too ambitious.
Hmm, I thought they expanded and staffed up after GoT was a success. But you may be right; although, since the island is already created I would think that the development cycle would be a lot shorter if they re-used it. Would it really take 5 years for a sequel using the same map?

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
Hmm, I thought they expanded and staffed up after GoT was a success. But you may be right; although, since the island is already created I would think that the development cycle would be a lot shorter if they re-used it. Would it really take 5 years for a sequel using the same map?

They wouldn’t just be re-using it, but redoing it in some sense. The technical challenge of making it larger and denser, with Ishi’s island too, and overhauling population A.I, going with a bigger story, bigger side quests, along with overhauling the game mechanics, yeah I think this is what they will do. They probably have grown to 200 people.

Probably leave mainland to a third game if Ghost of Tsushima 2 is a smash hit and they can justify the budget.