The next GT7 update could be a big one!

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
I wonder how much money is required to do each of these tracks. They have to go out and physically scan them with lasers right?

Actually, yep.

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
Lmao you guys fearmongered a PC reveal

Apologize for hyping me up.

MaxParrish

8 Jan 2023
I wonder how much money is required to do each of these tracks. They have to go out and physically scan them with lasers right?
The real circuit in recent GT are all laser scanned. Eiger Nordwand is not a real circuit but a fantasy circuit based on a real location like, for example Autodrome Lago Maggiore. For this kind of Circuit I think that they a troupe that provide photogrammetry material and other photo references for the location, but I doubt that they use laser scanning, given that the circuit has no real road exact correspondence

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
PS needs to expand the GT franchise w an open world, arcade focus, customization/social focus to compete w NFS & Forza Horizon. Make Poly a 2 team studio have the GT sim team & then a GT arcade open world team. Aswell as continuing the positive feedback in the GT movie a new GT movie & even a GT anime that’s more street racer focus & the history/culture of street racing will be welcoming
Why would you want GT to lose all identity just to become a Crew Motorfest/ Horizon 5 clone?

Some people.................

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Why would you want GT to lose all identity just to become a Crew Motorfest/ Horizon 5 clone?

Some people.................
A spin off would be fine. It wouldnt lose identity to the mainline game.
Playstation needs more genres, there missing out on Arcade racers and open world racers, kart racers etc like MotorStorm, Driveclub, modnation racers.
Why make a new ip when you can use GT and its assets for it.

It would be like GT Sports but actually be different

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
A spin off would be fine. It wouldnt lose identity to the mainline game.
Playstation needs more genres, there missing out on Arcade racers and open world racers, kart racers etc like MotorStorm, Driveclub, modnation racers.
Why make a new ip when you can use GT and its assets for it.

It would be like GT Sports but actually be different

You have Crew games for that. And bunch of kart games too. And look what happened to Forza Motorsport in the end on parent platform

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
You have Crew games for that. And bunch of kart games too. And look what happened to Forza Motorsport in the end on parent platform
For a Kart game, I want PS characters and other VG characters. Mod was great, they just didnt follow on or use there characters. And I think Sony does a great job with racers, Id like to see them take a shot at it. Same with an arcade racer

I dont care about Forza motorsport, Im more of an arcade racer personally, I only get GT because I enjoy the franchise all puttogetherm, the tracks, music and it has its own unique feel, not only including controls.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
I dont care about Forza motorsport, Im more of an arcade racer personally, I only get GT because I enjoy the franchise all puttogetherm, the tracks, music and it has its own unique feel,

You have your answer now

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
A Spin off GT would be a recipe for disaster. Thank God some of y'all can only make dumb comments on a forum.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
A Spin off GT would be a recipe for disaster. Thank God some of y'all can only make dumb comments on a forum.
I dont know why it would, GT Sport did well. GT2 even had a arcade mode for easier use.
Why would it do any worse than DriveClub, MotorStorm or Ridge Racer ? Or if they made a new new ip for an arcade racer. Im all for new IPs or bringing back something like Driveclub but GT spin off could possibly do better I think.

Sony could easily do more with there popular IP’s game wise. Carry on the quality for the mainline titles. Then do some more. There franchises are more popular than ever, sales wise. It also works well for Nintendo.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I dont know why it would, GT Sport did well. GT2 even had a arcade mode for easier use.
Why would it do any worse than DriveClub, MotorStorm or Ridge Racer ? Or if they made a new new ip for an arcade racer. Im all for new IPs or bringing back something like Driveclub but GT spin off could possibly do better I think.

Sony could easily do more with there popular IP’s game wise. Carry on the quality for the mainline titles. Then do some more. There franchises are more popular than ever, sales wise. It also works well for Nintendo.
GT Sport is literally a Sim racer just focused on more the competition aspect of the sim racing.

Kaz doesn't want his IP being touched by anyone but him, and I agree with him. They are better off making a new IP than conflating the brand

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Yes, but overall I prefer arcade racers. Why wouldnt I want both

GT player base would be divided. That's a problem and Kaz doesn't want that ( neither do i ). Look what happened to Forza Motorsport, as mentioned in previous post

• haha
Reactions: KvallyX

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Sport was never a spin-off.

Sony has tried adding an arcade racers to their internal lineup. Driveclub was great. Needed a 60 fps pro update that never came.

Arcade racers had a decent boom period during the ps2/gc/xbx gen before the open world craze ended them. Considering this and how Driveclub ended… it’s probably not worth the risk either and better off leaving it to third parties.

Now we’re left with Forza, the Crew and whatever the remnants of codemasters is doing at EA. I don’t think the consumer is there as they were.

I definitely don’t want to see Sony make a Forza Horizon alternative when The Crew Motorsport exists. Hell, I’d love to see a proper driveclub remaster and relaunch. We don’t need more of the same kind of open world racer.

I very much miss games like Rallisport Challenge 2, F-Zero GX and Burnout 3.

With that said, while I’ll talk trash about open world racers… Crew Motorsport is absolutely fantastic and if that’s the experience you think you’re missing on PlayStation… you’re not. It’s right there. I still play it regularly.

PS - live service fzero/wipeout would work. No car manufacturers to license. Build your own vehicles. Gimme now.

Last edited:
Reactions: KickNamesTakeAss

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
With this logic why do PS needs ghost of tsushima 2 when there’s assassin creed japan & rise of ronin. Why is insomniac making sandbox platforms when you have 3rd party’s making it themselves why make GT7 when you AC & a bunch of sim racer.

Seems people haven’t learn anything w acquisition & consolidation in general.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
My wheel broke 😭 GT7 on PSVR2 is still hands down the best gaming experience of this generation by far. I can't wait to get back to it when I get a new wheel, even playing with controller is still a blast.

• sad
Reactions: anonpuffs

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
My wheel broke 😭 GT7 on PSVR2 is still hands down the best gaming experience of this generation by far. I can't wait to get back to it when I get a new wheel, even playing with controller is still a blast.
With the ghosting of the cars you pass and subpar texture filtering and resolution in VR?

Try Automobilista 2 on PC in VR. GT7 is shite compared to that.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
With the ghosting of the cars you pass and subpar texture filtering and resolution in VR?

Try Automobilista 2 on PC in VR. GT7 is shite compared to that.
i dont have a PCVR headset and people I know that've played both said GT7 VR is better. Plus I heard you need a 4080 for it to even be a smooth experience with 20 cars on track. I only have a 3080