The Order: 1886 Retrospective + PS5 60fps Gameplay - A Game That's Still Stunning Today. Deserves a 2nd Chance.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Sometimes I don’t understand the cheapness of Sony. Ready at Dawn could have become a second Naughty Dog and imo probably a better one with enough time. RaD carried literally the PSP generation…Sad thing is they are now in the claws of Zuck.

Reactions: Shmunter and Puff

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Sometimes I don’t understand the cheapness of Sony. Ready at Dawn could have become a second Naughty Dog and imo probably a better one with enough time. RaD carried literally the PSP generation…Sad thing is they are now in the claws of Zuck.
It's Yoshida thing, remember when he shitted on FromSoft?

Probably the opposite of Hurst, he snoops everything and every chances he could, no matter it looks bad or good.

Reactions: Box

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
It's Yoshida thing, remember when he shitted on FromSoft?

Probably the opposite of Hurst, he snoops everything and every chances he could, no matter it looks bad or good.
Yup!

Yosp killed Guerilla Cambridge after setting them up to fail by putting them on a VR launch title (which was excellent) they were better at Guerilla at making FPS / Killzone.

Also Killing Evolution and all that brilliant tech.

Reactions: Perrott and Box

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Suihei, he made a lot of poor decisions.

I am not sure about Hurst, but I feels like people gives Yoshida too much credits.
But it’s him who made these tons of Japanese deals. Bloodborne, Demon Souls + Remake are his credit. Rise of Ronin too. It could also be that he wanted to work more with Fromsoftware but his superiors didn’t approve?

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
But it’s him who made these tons of Japanese deals. Bloodborne, Demon Souls + Remake are his credit. Rise of Ronin too. It could also be that he wanted to work more with Fromsoftware but his superiors didn’t approve?
Not really, he is the one who crap all over Demons Souls, when Sony got into contract with FromSoft for 3 games. Even SCE refuses to publish it outside of Japan, which let to Atlus and Bandai Namco publish it. At least he doesn't terminate the contract outright.

Dark Souls would have been SCE published until FromSoft looking for Bandai Namco which they published. After Dark Souls 1 success, Yoshida decided to jump on FromSoft train again. I think if he is not stingy, FromSoft could be Sony darling.

But at least Sony now in bed with Kadokawa to so now FromSoft can work with Sony all they can.

I do have pictures taken with him back in like 2012, let me just my computer real quick.

Reactions: Yurinka and Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Eqpy.gif

the craziest thing is the PSP RAD engine

A shame Sony didn't buy them, I loved Daxter and the psp GOW games.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
One of Sony’s biggest mistakes not backing another, nor the dev. Simply disgraceful.
Man I agree with this. I think this game got WAY too much flack and I liked it for what it offered. It was different. It still is. I thought the hate this game got was weird.

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
For more that Ryse is average as game it has a begin, middle and end..: it is a whole package even if bad.

The Order not… it is an unfinished product that can’t find itself as a whole package.
And yet was a worse game, combat was Just QuickTime after Quicktime

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Man I agree with this. I think this game got WAY too much flack and I liked it for what it offered. It was different. It still is. I thought the hate this game got was weird.
It was not weird, Sony exclusives must be almost perfect to no get the usual vultures around, just look what happened to days gone, to every gran turismo, forespoken, etc they do the same with ubi games
Good or decent games that got a caravan of hate like assasins creed unity back in the day or the ghost recons
These games are fucking fine

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
It was not weird, Sony exclusives must be almost perfect to no get the usual vultures around, just look what happened to days gone, to every gran turismo, forespoken, etc they do the same with ubi games
Good or decent games that got a caravan of hate like assasins creed unity back in the day or the ghost recons
These games are fucking fine
Well I think the behavior you describe is weird too, so it still fits with what I said. :p

The idea that every game has to be some world beating thing is just kinda bad. It's basically all because of console wars in the end.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
probably sony is regretting its decision now. They lost that technology. (sony owns the IP)

Reactions: Shmunter

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Played it during winter holidays a couple of years ago. Excellent world and atmosphere.

But the game felt like it was a sequel. Things aren't really introduced or explained properly, which is a shame. One mission you're killing werewolves and the next there are vampires and the characters just shrug it off because it's normal for them. As a player, though, you feel disconnected.

Which is a shame because it has a craplad of potential. I would love a sequel that properly explores the lore.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Played it during winter holidays a couple of years ago. Excellent world and atmosphere.

But the game felt like it was a sequel. Things aren't really introduced or explained properly, which is a shame. One mission you're killing werewolves and the next there are vampires and the characters just shrug it off because it's normal for them. As a player, though, you feel disconnected.

Which is a shame because it has a craplad of potential. I would love a sequel that properly explores the lore.

This is how the jak games used to be, it introduces a lot of concepts that are just shrugged off by the charecters. There is no over explaining like in modern games.