THE PlayStation Showcase Predictions Thread!

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Same week that already were scheduled the E3 conferences (early June):
  • Opening: Spider-Man 2 gameplay trailer + release date (Q3 2023)
  • TLOU Online cinematics + gameplay reveal trailer (TBA)
  • FF XVI launch trailer
  • Street Fighter 6 launch trailer
  • Mortal Kombat reboot gameplay reveal teaser trailer (Q3 2023)
  • Ubisoft Avatar trailer + full reveal at Ubi's event (Q3 2023)
  • FF VII Rebirth trailer + release date (Q4 2023)
  • Silent Hill The Short Message (shadow drop, available after the show)
  • Silent Hill 2 remake (2024)
  • Little Devil Inside release date trailer (Q4 2023)
  • Slitterhead (2024)
  • Fumito Ueda's next game (2024)
  • PSVR2 section with Firewall Ultra some PSVR1 remasters announced
  • GoT PC port (Q3 2023)
  • Stellar Blade trailer + release date (Q4 2023)
  • Firewalk's game reveal trailer (Q1 2024)
  • Helldivers 2 reveal trailer (Q2 2024)
  • Rise of the Ronin (Q3 2024)
  • Wolverine story (cinematics) trailer (Q4 2024, announced as '2024')
  • Bungie's new IP reveal trailer (announced as TBA)
  • Ending: Cory's new IP (2024)
- Something from Bluepoint (I bet it's Bloodborne Remake or Remaster).
When bought they said that weren't working on any remake or remaster, but in 'original content' instead (they codeveloped GoW Ragnarok as support team). I highly doubt they'd have another game, a couple years ago they were 70 people, in LinkedIn they are now 74 people.

Considering some people of the studio aren't devs (HR etc), there isn't enough people there to have a second team working on their own game. And it's only half a year since they shipped GoWR, not enough time to have their next project ready to show unless again they are in a support role for someone else's game.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: LED

TerraNova

26 Apr 2023
I absolutely cannot wait to see what Bluepoint is cooking up. I think their brilliant work on Demon's Souls was perhaps slightly underappreciated, being somewhat relegated to producing a "mere" remaster. But BP demonstrated an incredible blend of top-tier rendering, art direction, audio design, animation, and performance at a level not frequently seen across the industry.

Given the right IP I could see them join the "elite" of Sony first party and enjoy a new level of sales and accolade.

I'm excited regardless of what they do. But it occurred to me the other day that Demon's Souls 2 would be a very intriguing possibility - I think it would be a very attractive prospect for Sony to have what would almost be an exclusive Fromsoft title, given the explosion in the popularity of their IP and the Souls genre. And you'd have exactly the type of in-house developer you can trust to get the Souls formula right, along with gorgeous technical production. I think it would fit their cagey remarks about doing "original content", too, right? Their phrasing always struck me as oddly suggestive, like their next title would indeed be original content, but not necessarily new IP.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
What i want:
FF7 rebirth
Pragmata
FF9 Remake
DQ3 2DHD
Barlog's space game
Factions 2

What we'll get:
FF16 trailer #26

• thinking_hard

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I absolutely cannot wait to see what Bluepoint is cooking up. I think their brilliant work on Demon's Souls was perhaps slightly underappreciated, being somewhat relegated to producing a "mere" remaster. But BP demonstrated an incredible blend of top-tier rendering, art direction, audio design, animation, and performance at a level not frequently seen across the industry.

Given the right IP I could see them join the "elite" of Sony first party and enjoy a new level of sales and accolade.

I'm excited regardless of what they do. But it occurred to me the other day that Demon's Souls 2 would be a very intriguing possibility - I think it would be a very attractive prospect for Sony to have what would almost be an exclusive Fromsoft title, given the explosion in the popularity of their IP and the Souls genre. And you'd have exactly the type of in-house developer you can trust to get the Souls formula right, along with gorgeous technical production. I think it would fit their cagey remarks about doing "original content", too, right? Their phrasing always struck me as oddly suggestive, like their next title would indeed be original content, but not necessarily new IP.
The Demon’s Souls remake, not remaster, gets written off by some because they don’t know the difference between remakes and remasters, and by others because their changes to the art style and character/creature designs majorly suck.

Aidendelaney95

9 Jul 2022
Something from Bluepoint (I bet it's Bloodborne Remake or Remaster
We already know they're working on something new. Besides, if I knew Sony bought Bluepoint just to keep making remakes, I would sooner jump off a cliff than accept the idea.

• sad

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Stellar Blade
Wolverine
Spiderman 2
New Sucker Punch IP
Astro Bot 2 or VR

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Wolverine gameplay is one of my top most anticipated reveals. That's my favorite comic character, so it's a big thing for me.

I think one of PS Studios will have a Star Wars project

Superman game reveal could be cool.

I'm sure we will get MK12

Something cool from Bungie would be exciting, Destiny blew people away when it was revealed and people are still trying to copy it and failing to get anywhere even close.

Dream announcement: Kadokawa / From Soft acquisition.... all games exclusive or timed exclusive (PC 1-2 years later) and Bloodborne 2 announced.

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
At a minimum:

Factions 2 gameplay and release date
Neil Druckmann new IP teaser
Ghost of Tsushima 2
Spiderman 2 gameplay
Wolverine trailer
Demons Souls 2 by Bluepoint and From Software
FFVII Remake Part 2
Witcher 4 now with Sony marketing
Dragon Quest XII
Persona 6
Sony buying Capcom
Sony buying From Software
Sony buying Square
Cory Barlog new IP
Fantasy game by Haven
COD killer by Deviation
Overwatch killer by Firewalk
Horizon multiplayer
New IP Sony Bend
Bungie new IP
MGS3 remake
DeathStranding 2

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Factions gameplay and release date
Ghost of Tsushima 2
Spiderman 2 gameplay
Wolverine trailer
Bloodborne by Bluepoint
FFVII Rebirth
Dragon Quest XII
Persona 6
SSM new IP
Some online game by Haven
COD-like by Deviation
Some online game by Firewalk
Horizon multiplayer
IP reboot Sony Bend
Bungie new IP
MGS3 remake
DeathStranding 2
Fixed it for you. You'll get most of that but over time and not on a single show.

As for acquisitions maybe we'll get one in Japan.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
At a minimum:

Factions 2 gameplay and release date
Neil Druckmann new IP teaser
Ghost of Tsushima 2
Spiderman 2 gameplay
Wolverine trailer
Demons Souls 2 by Bluepoint and From Software
FFVII Remake Part 2
Witcher 4 now with Sony marketing
Dragon Quest XII
Persona 6
Sony buying Capcom
Sony buying From Software
Sony buying Square
Cory Barlog new IP
Fantasy game by Haven
COD killer by Deviation
Overwatch killer by Firewalk
Horizon multiplayer
New IP Sony Bend
Bungie new IP
MGS3 remake
DeathStranding 2
You'll get a trailer for FF16 and a mobile game studio, and you'll like it

• they're_right_you_know
  • sad
Reactions: LED and Kokoloko

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
High probability :

Spider-Man 2 gameplay / trailer
TLoU multiplayer reveal trailer
Helldivers 2 reveal trailer
Death Stranding 2 trailer
Silent Hill 2 Gameplay reveal
Stellar Blade Gameplay trailer
Final Fantasy Rebirth trailer
Other third party partnerships

Wildcards :
Bluepoint new project
Metal Gear Solid project / remake
Team Asobi new project

I'm sticking to conservatives expectations. Would still be pretty epic show, and would give a good indication of what is coming for the next year.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I feel like we'll get some sort of PS5 only God of War Ragnarok DLC.

Spider-Man 2
Stellar Blade
GaaS #1
GaaS #2
GaaS #3
GaaS #4
GaaS #5
GaaS #6
GaaS #7
GaaS #8
GaaS #9
GaaS #10
Silent Hill 2 Remake
Helldivers 2
Says the guy that probably stans for Sea of Thieves, Grounded and whatever other GaaS MS has.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Ezekiel and LED

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I feel like we'll get some sort of PS5 only God of War Ragnarok DLC.

Says the guy that probably stans for Sea of Thieves, Grounded and whatever other GaaS MS has.
People on here need to stop feeding that troll. Though it is funny that they rather troll here than demand better from Xbox.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I absolutely cannot wait to see what Bluepoint is cooking up.
When bought they mentioned that were working on 'original content' and not in any remaster or remake.

That 'original content' they were working on was God of War Ragnarok, a game they codeveloped as support team. And are a pretty small team, a few dozen folks, so I think it's impossible to see a new game from them getting announced this year.

Halo, Forza, Elder Scrolls and Fallout now are GaaS.

As for acquisitions maybe we'll get one in Japan.
Sony reduced their remaining acquisitions+investments+stock repurchases budget for this fiscal year to $140M and said that in the mid to long term will continue acquiring but that they won't acquire in the short term.

Jeff Grubb, Tom Henderson, Kinda Funny and the other ones who said that Sony were going to acquire Square Enix were lying.

Last edited: