THE PlayStation Showcase Predictions Thread!

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Day one. I played the one that came with the PS5 about 5 times. In fact, finished another playthrough yesterday.
Imagine a full game with all those historical PS moments and IP references.

Im sad we never got dedicated levels for the psp,Pocketstation,Psx (japan only thing) and vita. There is so much more Sony history thats easily enough fot a full game.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Johnic

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
With everthing pointing to a Sony showcase what do you think will be shown.

-Medium focus on PSVR2 with some new game announcements.

-Spiderman 2 gameplay
. - Resi Evil 4 remake VR gameplay.

-Factions 2

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I'd be OK with less of the stuff we know about and more about new stuff. Wolverine gameplay so we can see how that works, MG and Silent Hill remake and I'd piss my pants if they showed Ghost of Tsushima 2.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
There are so much stuff that should be ready to be announced that is hard making these lists and not coming up with something that looks unrealistic.

We either have a great show ahead of us or a possible years long "drought" and very long dev cycles.

Spider-man 2, TLoU Factions, Helldivers 2, Silent Hill 2, new Bluepoint game, those are just the things that have to be shown. There should be plenty of other stuff ready to be shown as well and it's weird that Sony now seems so committed to not marketing future games in advance and it's also hard to figure out where they get that lesson from.

Last edited:
Reactions: Puff and Gamernyc78

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
There are so much stuff that should be ready to be announced that is hard making these lists and not coming up with something that looks unrealistic.

We either have a great show ahead of us or a possible years long "drought" and very long dev cycles.

Spider-man 2, TLoU Factions, Helldivers 2, Silent Hill 2, new Bluepoint game, those are just the things that have to be shown. There should be plenty of other stuff ready to be shown as well and it's weird that Sony now seems so committed to not marketing future games in advance and it's also hard to figure out where they get that lesson from.
People complained last gen that Sony showed stuff too far ahead of time and showed the same games too many times at different e3 shows as a result. This gen, Sony changed their strategy around these complaints. I don't agree with the new strategy, but how they market their games doesn't change the fact that we're still getting them.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
With everthing pointing to a Sony showcase what do you think will be shown.

-Medium focus on PSVR2 with some new game announcements.

-Spiderman 2 gameplay
. - Resi Evil 4 remake VR gameplay.

-Factions 2
Nah, that sounds like a State of Play lineup. Showcases tend to have way more substantial announcements.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I really want to see Haven's project. It seems like Jade Raymond built a talented, ambitious team. By some reports, the game was already in development for a couple years at Stadia, so I hope it's not too far out.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
We already have this thread

Me personally I'm waiting for the sexy outfits.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
People complained last gen that Sony showed stuff too far ahead of time and showed the same games too many times at different e3 shows as a result. This gen, Sony changed their strategy around these complaints. I don't agree with the new strategy, but how they market their games doesn't change the fact that we're still getting them.
Makes no sense to me. Even when they showed things far in advance like with The Last Guardian on PS3, it ended up working out.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Makes no sense to me. Even when they showed things far in advance like with The Last Guardian on PS3, it ended up working out.
I agree, they either listened to certain complaints from last gen too much or decided that shorter marketing cycles are more efficient/cheaper. I don't care either way as long as I still get the games. Sony's lack of communication makes it harder to win list wars with Xbox zealots though.

They did announce Wolverine pretty early though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I agree, they either listened to certain complaints from last gen too much or decided that shorter marketing cycles are more efficient/cheaper. I don't care either way as long as I still get the games. Sony's lack of communication makes it harder to win list wars with Xbox zealots though.

They did announce Wolverine pretty early though.
Announcing the game in advance is only a problem if you decide to cancel it. Wolverine is a good example, does it actually bother anyone that they announced it?

To me it's much better to have an idea of what is coming down the line and that leaves a lot less room for leakers/rumors to take over and false hope. A game being in development should not be a huge secret.

As an Uncharted fan it would be great to know if I can expect a game in the series any time soon and I feel like the respectable thing to do would be to inform people. The same is true for any other IP. To me the bad communication just displays complete disregard for the people interested in those games.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Nah, that sounds like a State of Play lineup. Showcases tend to have way more substantial announcements.
We shall see. And I wasnt expecting them just to show what I mentioned. I included stuff I felt thy would show of course along with stuff I have no clue they will show. The presentation should be substantial we all know how these shows go.

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Specially after such a long time and with so few things announced. This is their most important event since the PS5 was launched.