THE PlayStation Showcase Predictions Thread!

LED

Twitter Legend
26 Jun 2022
I think we’re getting very close to something very big from PlayStation, and to recap what happened more than a couple of weeks ago.

According to Jeff Grubb: A PlayStation Showcase will be happening around end of May or at the very beginning of June, he said in one of his livestreams.

Supposedly this PlayStation showcase will set up the “second phase” of PS5 according to Jeff Grubb.

So I wanna see what are your predictions for this showcase, folks!

MY PREDICTIONS (not in any particular order):

- Spider Man 2 gameplay & release date.
- Ghost of Tsushima 2 announcement trailer running on PS5.
- TLOU Factions 2 gameplay trailer & release date (PS5/PC same day).
- Final Fantasy 16 launch trailer with the DEMO shadow drop.
- Something from Bluepoint (I bet it's Bloodborne Remake or Remaster).
- A bunch of 3rd-parties (Mortal Kombat 12) & exclusivity deals with them.
- PlayStation VR 2 section with a few new game announcements.
- A few new indie games & some new DLC announcements like GT7 & Destiny 2.
- Helldivers 2 announcement trailer with a release date.
- Firesprite new live-service game announcement.
- A "One more thing" moment, might be the announcement of Cory Barlog's new IP.

MY ONLY WISH ANNOUNCEMENT that seems to have all the stars aligned for it to be announced, and that is Grand Theft Auto 6 announcement with a trailer for the 1st time ever running on PlayStation 5.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The last shows havent been great. Not expecting much.

Please dont show FF16 ( Im buying it day 1 ). And I dont really need to see much of Spiderman 2. We all know how it plays and what it is.

Show me new 1st party stuff and 3rd party exclusives.
What I want:

-Naughty’s Dog new single player game:
I hope its not TLOU3 OR Uncharted 5 ( I dont mind them next but need a new ip from the best studio in the world first )

-Cory Balrogs new game

-Miyazaki PS exclusive
-Atlus PS exclusive

Give me those and you won’t hear me complain again for 3 years lol

Last edited:
  • thinking_hard
Reactions: LED

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
Mr Bean Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

Just bought a PlayStation, I want to see those new games!! I’ve been waiting!!!!

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
TLOU Factions
Spiderman 2 (a freebie guess, really)
VR stuff
Trashy 3rd party Fortnite-with a twist that none of us will play and might not even come out.
FF trailer sounds right, but isn't the game fully wheeled out by now?
Bluepoint remaster
Out of left field: Camden

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Mr Bean Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

Just bought a PlayStation, I want to see those new games!! I’ve been waiting!!!!
If you just bought one, just untwist your undies and play the games you've missed so far.

I am waiting for the official announcement of The Last of Us: Fractions, the viscerally terrifying new way to learn math!

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
If you just bought one, just untwist your undies and play the games you've missed so far.

I am waiting for the official announcement of The Last of Us: Fractions, the viscerally terrifying new way to learn math!
Yeah I already played some of PlayStation exclusive, I’m waiting for new ones like Spider-Man 2

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
There are so many things Sony should be ready to announce that if they don't it will lead me to believe they finally started to struggle like most other publishers. Insomniac is still doing most of the heavy lifting this gen and will have 3 games plus a remaster released this gen while many other studios didn't manage to release much or in some cases anything.

• brain
Reactions: LED