The PlayStation VR2 PC adapter launches August 7.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
The device will be available for $59.99

GPJ5sFwWAAArMNR

The PlayStation VR2 PC adapter launches August 7, letting players expand their game library with thousands of SteamVR titles.

Last edited:

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
Lmao 50$ and you literally does not need It. Just plug the cable in and download fanmade drivers from github.
And that Alyx is a final slap in the face for PSVR2 players.
Does Sony really hate It's fanbase so much?

Zexyen

26 Mar 2024
Lmao 50$ and you literally does not need It. Just plug the cable in and download fanmade drivers from github.
You can't just "Plug in the Cable". You need a Specific USB-C Port that's only available on 1 generation of GPUs or a $100+ Adapter to plug into your PC.

The Sony Adapter is much cheaper, but the removal of a bunch of features makes no sense

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
Sony and Valve are too lazy to port it over

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
https://blog.playstation.com/2024/0...ames-on-pc-with-adapter-starting-on-august-7/

The HDR, headset feedback, eye tracking, adaptive triggers, and haptic feedback features remain PS5 exclusive.

Did any previous Steam VR headset feature and eye tracking? Maybe isn't supported because Steam VR still doesn't suppport it. But may do in the future.

Regarding headset feedback, adaptative trigers and haptic feeback I assume it's because it's something that needs to be implemented inside each game (same goes with HDR). So maybe they mean that none of the available games support it, but maybe games developed in the future for this device in mind support it.

I'll have to check it.

Regarding the adaptor, I think $60 is cheap for what it is, but for the average customer may sound too expensive specially when you have to buy the cable separatedly.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Wish Monkey Paw GIF by Leroy Patterson

Here was me hoping to see half Life Alyx ported to PSVR 2, well at least this is one way of play Half Life on PSVR 2
Yep. I will miss the superior features of psvr2 but shit is probably a 10 on cdkeys

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Ok this is better than nothing, but the thing that puzzles me the most is the lack of HDR.

I get that there's no eyetracking because it only makes sense to use it in games for foveated rendering, but if there's no foveated rendering in SteamVR then Sony doesn't need to implement it.
In fact, all the things they didn't implement are things that don't exist in SteamVR:
- Eyetracking+foveated rendering (note: SteamVR supports foveated video encoding, not rendering)
- Adaptive triggers
- Haptic feedback

I don't know how Sony would implement that on the PC.. unless they made up their own PC VR platform software suite... which would then have no games supporting it.

HDR is a strange one, though. It should be just a flag on the displayport output. Perhaps the iVRy team will find a way to hack in the HDR support. Let's just hope Sony didn't put some weird hardware limit into it, like going with a displayport bandwidth that doesn't support full resolution with HDR.

What cable are you going to plug in and where?
PSVR2 uses a single USB-C cable. Where do you connect it to a modern graphics card that only has displayport and HDMI connectors?

IIRC, the very few graphics cards that have a USB-C output (old reference models of high-end Turing and RDNA2 cards?) aren't even designed to provide enough power for a headset.

Jivesh1995

20 Jun 2023
South Africa
brotaku.net
smart treat PC users like 2nd class citizens

I think it's the opposite.

They're advertising the hardware with one of the best VR games to date, one that isn't available on their own platform.

It's kinda mad that Sony are doing all this on PC and they don't even have their own platform there.

PSN is like an afterthought on PC and they're both leaving money on the table and not giving PlayStation users any incentive to stick to their platform if they want to try PC gaming out.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Selling my Quest 2 today and figuring out a way to hang a USB cable from my ceiling. This is just perfect for a PS5 and PC owner.

Them advertising Half-Life Alyx is just brutal, does Sony think they own Valve? Do they have a deal set up with Gabe? That would explain so much. :ROFLMAO:

• thisistheway
Reactions: 2spooky5me

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Honestly, get fucked. What a waste of fucking plastic, let alone time and resources.
No HDR, eye tracking or adaptive triggers?!? The thing that makes PSVR2 better than everything else? Get to fuck Sony.

Either go balls to wall and push PSVR2 on PC with full features, or don't bother. Half-arsed fucks.

• angry
Reactions: ApolloHelios