The real studio Sony needs to buy

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
The real studio Sony needs to buy is both affordable and would make for amazing games. Would be great for the industry.

The answer to that is:

Level-5

Combined with Asobi, they would be the Studio Ghibli of video games.

I'd love to see them do a 3D reboot of Alundra with shades of Dark Cloud, Rogue Galaxy, and Breath of the Wild.

Level-5 wouldn't cost nearly as much as say FromSoftware or CDPR, but would give Asobi and Sony an answer to Zelda but a little bit more dark and mature, while maintaining a specific type of style.

Reactions: Bryank75

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Level5 is dead. They are just a former shadow of their past self...
Imo it would be much more exciting if zsony would go with this studios:

Falcom - huge potential for great JRPGs. YS and Legend of Heroes could with new equipment and more budget climb to the next level

JP GAMES (rumored to work with Sony XDEV Japan on some exclusives) Also Tabata makes great games.

Wildrose Studio- format Shadow Hearts developer and has history with only PlayStation

FurRyu as much as I love their games but they are truthfully lacking in several spaces. They need new equipment ASAP and definitely much more budget. But the potential is there

OP
OP
mibu no ookami

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Level5 is dead. They are just a former shadow of their past self...
Imo it would be much more exciting if zsony would go with this studios:

Falcom - huge potential for great JRPGs. YS and Legend of Heroes could with new equipment and more budget climb to the next level

JP GAMES (rumored to work with Sony XDEV Japan on some exclusives) Also Tabata makes great games.

Wildrose Studio- format Shadow Hearts developer and has history with only PlayStation

FurRyu as much as I love their games but they are truthfully lacking in several spaces. They need new equipment ASAP and definitely much more budget. But the potential is there

People thought Japan Studio was dead to, but it's alive and better than ever within Asobi.

Level-5 simply isn't working on the right products, which is exactly what partnering with Asobi would allow them to do.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
For once I agree about Level 5.

But Sony can afford a few studio like this. There never gonna buy huge so they should do a good few of these kind of purchases

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
It's jover for Level 5. Loved them in the ps2/ps3 era but after ni no kuni 1.... something changed

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
No
Level-5 should remain independent, and all of you should play Megaton Musashi W: Wired instead.

From should also remain independent, and instead all of you should play 3D Dot Game Heroes instead. If anyone on this forum asks for a game publisher to buy out From in the future, you will be assigned homework to play the original first King's Field, and you will be required to stream it for my viewing pleasure.

Last edited:

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
From Software
Avalanche (hogwarts legacy)
The IP really carried Hogwarts. I remain totally unconvinced that that studio is actually good. That said, they did make me actually think about the characters in a Harry Potter fan fiction game so I give them props for that.

Reactions: Stonehorn81