The Starfield damage control has begun. Xbox era says sites will purposely give Starfield lower Scores. Fuck out of here!

Mild Conviction

13 Jan 2023
"Low" scores like 7-8.5? Those scores range from "good" to "great." And frankly, I don't think anyone with particularly good taste would give more than an 8 to any Bethesda-developed game after Oblivion.

When Starfield comes out, it'll be the mediocre combat that drags it down. If it's NOT that, then it'll be the bugs. If it's NOT that, then it'll be the lack of meaningful interaction with the huge world(s). If Starfield clears ALL those issues, then I'd consider a 9 and up.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
"Low" scores like 7-8.5? Those scores range from "good" to "great." And frankly, I don't think anyone with particularly good taste would give more than an 8 to any Bethesda-developed game after Oblivion.

When Starfield comes out, it'll be the mediocre combat that drags it down. If it's NOT that, then it'll be the bugs. If it's NOT that, then it'll be the lack of meaningful interaction with the huge world(s). If Starfield clears ALL those issues, then I'd consider a 9 and up.
That vocal minority believes everything Xbox does is the greatest thing ever and that the gaming world at large just won't admit it.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
If you report XboxEra because of this accusations towards other outlets on Metacritic or OpenCritic, can they be banned from there?

That XboxEra site is an affiliate of Installbase site. How low you can go @Welfare ?

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Conspiracies from a crumbling console empire. The simple solution is to ban Xboxera from aggregator sites. There's definitely some projection in these words and like others have pointed out, they will inflate Xbox exclusive scores out of some warped sense of duty, therefore, they're not to be trusted.

Any publication that is dedicated to a platform (there are some nintendo and Sony ones as well) should not be part of aggregated scores.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
No worries, they will be giving it a 10 along with SomosXbox, XboxNacion and all the other Xbox websites and other sites that seem to appear to puff up the Xbox exclusive scores every time they release a game.

Oh, lets not forget Stevivor.

I like a few of the people over there at Xboxera... not throwing shade at everyone over there. <3

D

Deleted member 223

8 - 8.9 is not a bad score for a AAA title. A low 8 however is just not a GOTY contender score... and naturally the fanboy wants that 90 META for the publicity-podcast war aka ammo. Natural as all things are. If you're a diehard Xbox fanboy in the podcast business with a decent following you know what's happening around you and the state of the platform. They need some good news for the brand... desperately. Starfield should be a sound bet. Bethesda just needs to deliver quality.... the rest works itself out. Some sites always ding for the clicks.... some do it for both biased and clicks motivations. When a title is high profile and there is blood in the water... it's a pile on (Redfall, Forspoken etc). It's what it's. That's why the impetus is quality first, quality second, quality third.

Last edited by a moderator:

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
That's because the Sony heads don't have a Twitter account like Nintendo or Microsoft. But then again Nintendo doesn't really interact with who they follow like Xbox does.
there is no nintendo or playstation equivalent of colt eastwood,tim dog,jez cordens,and miriad of others with big following ( also on brasil in spain we got some popular toxic iinfluencers ) i know about that red dragon guy and lesser playstation fanboys,but not in the way xbox infrastructure..also shu have twitter and a lot of playstation devs,you wont see them encoraing console wars,console wars its on the roots of the xbox fanbase,always was

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
there is no nintendo or playstation equivalent of colt eastwood,tim dog,jez cordens,and miriad of others with big following ( also on brasil in spain we got some popular toxic iinfluencers ) i know about that red dragon guy and lesser playstation fanboys,but not in the way xbox infrastructure..also shu have twitter and a lot of playstation devs,you wont see them encoraing console wars,console wars its on the roots of the xbox fanbase,always was
Funnily enough, Red Dragon was an Xbox fanboy last gen.

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
Ohh you poor, poor thing, you haven’t spent enough time on Twitter to even make that kind of assumption especially about PlayStation fanboys on Twitter. Nice try and trying to flip this around. I guess fanboys will be fanboys no matter who they are. Pathetic really.

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
Funnily enough, Red Dragon was an Xbox fanboy last gen.
And that other guy MGB or whatever his name was and that guy who said we should keep that same energy with Crackdown 3. Both of those guys were strictly Xbox bots then they changed their turns during the early to late stages of the 8th generation

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Animated GIF

Savagefrogdemon

13 Feb 2023
So Shepshal Nick and that other guy from the XboxEra Redfall review are UK people? It's surprising how many hardcore Xbox fans are from the UK (Jez too). Like the biggest are from there.

Shepshal nick is from south africa now living in australia not british. Jez Cordon is the editor of windows central his job doesnt really have anything to do with the xbox division at microsoft.

Last edited:
  • Surprised
Reactions: Gods&Monsters