The Starfield damage control has begun. Xbox era says sites will purposely give Starfield lower Scores. Fuck out of here!

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023

Just read the comments... so embarrassing. They really believe this shit. Such a paranoid fan base, thinks everyone has a vendetta against them

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023

Just read the comments... so embarrassing. They really believe this shit. Such a paranoid fan base, thinks everyone has a vendetta against them
They act like Xbox are the only ones to ever have negative media coverage. lmao

Red2Radio

13 Mar 2023
Germany
They act like Xbox are the only ones to ever have negative media coverage. lmao
Which is funny, because these bots use every opportunity they get to dump on the competition. Sony games are basically movies that play themselves and Nintendo just lives on mindshare alone. They are the worst and I bet the people already doing damage control are well aware that Starfield will be the usual buggy Bethesda mess. These games only sell, because there really is no competition and modders do the heavy lifting to makes these games worth a playthrough.

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Ohh you poor, poor thing, you haven’t spent enough time on Twitter to even make that kind of assumption especially about PlayStation fanboys on Twitter. Nice try and trying to flip this around. I guess fanboys will be fanboys no matter who they are. Pathetic really.
poor thing? my man i am 48 years old,i haved lived every system and console war,i have worked on the indistry for years,

nice try? if you are trying to say to this forum that the xbox fanbase fanboysm and their influencers are on the same page of the playstations or nintendo fanboys you are FULL OF SHIT.and i wipe my ass with your twitter persona experience gtfo with that condesdent tone cuco,you arent fooling anyone

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
poor thing? my man i am 48 years old,i haved lived every system and console war,i have worked on the indistry for years,

nice try? if you are trying to say to this forum that the xbox fanbase fanboysm and their influencers are on the same page of the playstations or nintendo fanboys you are FULL OF SHIT.and i wipe my ass with your twitter persona experience gtfo with that condesdent tone cuco,you arent fooling anyone
You're saying you think the Xbox fanbase is worse correct? Because the way this is worded it could mean you think PS and Nintendo "fanboyism" is more crazy, but looking at the post history here it looks like that's not what you're saying.

And if that is true, I agree. :p

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
there is no nintendo or playstation equivalent of colt eastwood,tim dog,jez cordens,and miriad of others with big following ( also on brasil in spain we got some popular toxic iinfluencers ) i know about that red dragon guy and lesser playstation fanboys,but not in the way xbox infrastructure..also shu have twitter and a lot of playstation devs,you wont see them encoraing console wars,console wars its on the roots of the xbox fanbase,always was
EDIT: Froomed? Meant Groomed.

Yup. Xbox has the most toxic fanbase, froomed by an army of toxic influencers and Executives.

Greenberg himself riles fanboys up on Twitter.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Yup. Xbox has the most toxic fanbase, froomed by an army of toxic influencers and Executives.

Greenberg himself riles fanboys up on Twitter.
Oh yeah like his infamous crash bandicoot avatar where he tried to play dumb, and the Xbox fans said it was in no way a jab at Sony lol.

Reactions: riesgoyfortuna

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
So Shepshal Nick and that other guy from the XboxEra Redfall review are UK people? It's surprising how many hardcore Xbox fans are from the UK (Jez too). Like the biggest are from there.

My Xbox friend explained once he blames Sony for SEGA dying. XB European fandom is essentially holdover SEGA fandom/hate Sony fandom.

I myself tend to blame a combo of Sega of Japan and MS than I do Sony, but perhaps I'm wrong.

TheLastOfSnatcher

6 Feb 2023
And that other guy MGB or whatever his name was and that guy who said we should keep that same energy with Crackdown 3. Both of those guys were strictly Xbox bots then they changed their turns during the early to late stages of the 8th generation
MBG is a special cat because he was a massive Sony fan back in the days..

His fav game was Metal Gear iirc. I guess he went back home lol

Sleepy Brown

Banned
5 Jul 2022
Stop antagonizing people like this. Final warning before time out. Tick tock...
So Shepshal Nick and that other guy from the XboxEra Redfall review are UK people? It's surprising how many hardcore Xbox fans are from the UK (Jez too). Like the biggest are from there.
Shpeshal Nick is from Australia and Sikamikanico is from New Zealand.
If you report XboxEra because of this accusations towards other outlets on Metacritic or OpenCritic, can they be banned from there?

That XboxEra site is an affiliate of Installbase site. How low you can go @Welfare ?
You're ignorant.

• Informative

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Whenever xbox fans say the media/journalists have it out for xbox, i have to say i feel like i've entered a parallel universe.

The amount of support xbox have received this gen is staggering with the constant gamepass articles of how great it is, how phil spencer is the greatest human alive, how sony is falling behind and even with stuff like the abk deal.

A lot of their persecution complex comes from xbox not putting out constant quality games and the journalists rightfully not falling over themselves to award them for it.

• they're_right_you_know

Sleepy Brown

Banned
5 Jul 2022
What's your take on the op and what are your expecting Starfield to score?
The XboxEra take is pathetic.
The Xbox brand is struggling right now because Halo Infinite as a GaaS failed, because Redfall is terrible, because the CMA blocked (temporary) the Activision-Blizzard deal and because of the Phil Spencer interview (which some people didn't understand correctly).

All of this will change after the Xbox Showcase in a few weeks and especially when the CMA bends the knee and unblocks the Activision-Blizzard acquisition in a few months. Xbox already has more studios than Sony. AAA games take time (5 - 6 years) and they are coming. So Xbox will be fine.

Starfield will be huge. But there is a chance it will launch in a buggy state like many of the Bethesda games before. So I can see a few 7/10 or 8/10 review scores for it. But on Metacritic it will land in the high 80s or low 90s.

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
The Xbox brand is struggling right now because Halo Infinite as a GaaS failed, because Redfall is terrible, because the CMA blocked (temporary) the Activision-Blizzard deal and because of the Phil Spencer interview (which some people didn't understand correctly).

All of this will change after the Xbox Showcase in a few weeks and especially when the CMA bends the knee and unblocks the Activision-Blizzard acquisition in a few months. Xbox already has more studios than Sony. AAA games take time (5 - 6 years) and they are coming. So Xbox will be fine.

Starfield will be huge. But there is a change it will launch in a buggy state like many of the Bethesda games before. So I can see a few 7/10 or 8/10 review scores for it. But on Metacritic it will land in the high 80s or low 90s.
Just wait 6 more years guys. Lmao.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022

Starfield will be huge. But there is a change it will launch in a buggy state like many of the Bethesda games before. So I can see a few 7/10 or 8/10 review scores for it. But on Metacritic it will land in the high 80s or low 90s.
  1. There's no bending of the knees
  2. If shareholders both on Microsoft's and ABK's side don't agree on an extension before the final extension, the deal is dead anyway as virtue of its contract
  3. Xbox having more studios is irrelevant
  4. Love the "next year" argument popping back again
  5. Starfield will release "day one on gamepass" and will not release on Bethesda's biggest console platform last gen (Playstation). it will not sell substantially.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
And this is a new damage control tactic to be used moving forward.

Even while Phil Spencer addressed himself that Redfall came out subpar and below even their own expectations of a metascore of 75….

Now, they believe the gaming media is against them and this is a crusade to rate Xbox games lower. Ha! If anything that means less Xbox fanboy sites to pollute scores because of a hemorrhaging fanbase. That’s an Xbox problem you can thank Phil Spencer for…

Senjustsusage Hifi rush stooge has been going on insane rants claiming Halo would’ve been a 9.5/10 if it was a PlayStation game. No… that’s not true… it would have more than 10,000 total players a day tho.

MS should sell Halo to Sony tho. Bungie built the Xbox brand and the only reason Xbox exists today. Halo is theirs. Makes sense to me.

• brain

Wraith Phantom

22 Jun 2022
Not even close to September and they already jumping infront of disappointment??

If they're like this now. Means this games performance & quality is not up there. They made no mans sky knock off with fallout features. Its gonna do what it does.
MBG is a special cat because he was a massive Sony fan back in the days..

His fav game was Metal Gear iirc. I guess he went back home lol
Correction. He's a bot that switch sides to save his YouTube life .He's another fraud.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

Well, it's good to see you're making some sense with the XboxERA bit, it really is embarrassing what some of these outlets are like.

Not sure about your take on the CMA though, i think you're clutching at straws on that one.