[The Verge] Microsoft may stop marketing of Xbox consoles in EMEA and focus only on Game Pass, Cloud, PC and Xbox Controllers

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
Remember when @Welfare was saying Xbox has sold 30m already? Lmao

30 million is not possible, even today, when the X/S was and continues to be behind the 360 and the XB1 in most markets. Not to mention that sales of Xbox consoles in the United States have always represented at least half of the total LTD.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
My question is when xbox gone what will happened to this game

I'd say it will be multiplatform, as originally planned. The question is if Xbox will get a timed console exclusive or not.

Looking at Starfield and Redfall results, plus the next Doom being multiplatform since day one, I'd say it won't be a timed exclusive like Starfield or Redfall, and will be multiplatform day one.

Will bethesda suffer the same fate as tango softwork
No, because Bethesda's games sell.

Reactions: Airbus

alphachino

24 Aug 2022
I just gotta post this here because I don't wanna start a new thread for it, but guys, check out the first few minutes of KingThrash's new vid, guy's a freakin' genius lol

Don't be the dog

Last edited:

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I just gotta post this here because I don't wanna start a new thread for it, but guys, check out the first few minutes of KingThrash's new vid, guy's a freakin' genius lol

Don't be the dog
It is kinda funny in that context, although it might upset some pet users that lost their pet when they watch it.

Kinda a little bit like the god of war bit, I was extremely sad after that.

But yer, I am probably being over sensitive.

alphachino

24 Aug 2022
It is kinda funny in that context, although it might upset some pet users that lost their pet when they watch it.

Kinda a little bit like the god of war bit, I was extremely sad after that.

But yer, I am probably being over sensitive.
No, yeah, I totally get you... I was almost in tears watching that bit in his video, but when he dropped that line, I literally bust out laughing. That's why he's a genius, takes one to have your emotions swinging from extreme to extreme like that!

Reactions: Sircaw

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
You people need to stop being so negative about Xbox, it's always this constant doom and gloom, it's very unhealthy for the community. Some people just want to play their Xbox Series S in peace without you constantly displaying your dissatisfaction. If you don't like Xbox maybe it's better for you to keep it to yourselves and not try and ruin the vibe we have going on.

• haha
Reactions: Evilms and Umar

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
You people need to stop being so negative about Xbox, it's always this constant doom and gloom, it's very unhealthy for the community. Some people just want to play their Xbox Series S in peace without you constantly displaying your dissatisfaction. If you don't like Xbox maybe it's better for you to keep it to yourselves and not try and ruin the vibe we have going on.
There are plenty of other forums for that lol. Wasn't this one made due to all the PS fans getting banned from the other places when they talked up PS or negatively about Xbox?

Impulse

21 Apr 2023
So to add some extra insight to this, about 3-4 months ago (March 31st to be precise), there were news circulating in Arabic gaming media that Mohammed Habbab, Head of Xbox for the MENA region is departing and starting his own company. There was a lot of speculation about the why of it all, but I think this piece of news actually explains it perfectly. Why stay when it's super clear that your role in the global positioning of the Xbox brand will be vastly diminished?

From what I hear, he was instrumental in improving Arabic language support for the platform.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
So to add some extra insight to this, about 3-4 months ago (March 31st to be precise), there were news circulating in Arabic gaming media that Mohammed Habbab, Head of Xbox for the MENA region is departing and starting his own company. There was a lot of speculation about the why of it all, but I think this piece of news actually explains it perfectly. Why stay when it's super clear that your role in the global positioning of the Xbox brand will be vastly diminished?

From what I hear, he was instrumental in improving Arabic language support for the platform.

You remind me what maybe will happen with japanese colleague with same role

• thinking_hard
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Impulse

21 Apr 2023
You remind me what maybe will happen with japanese colleague with same role
I think as long as they run a console business, they can never depart Japan completely because they still need developer relations people there, like even if they don't get exclusives or new marketing deals, someone has to manage the deals that exist with Sega, Square, Pocketpair etc.

One problem they faced in the MENA region is users buying gamepass codes from the Turkey or Argentina regions at vastly cheaper prices and activating via VPN.

• Informative
Reactions: Zzero

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
Lol, what does that even mean. Don't dare betray your machine god. Thats sillythink.
He's a clickbaiter that started by making xbox only content, then changed to PS, then changed back to xbox. His opinions are not genuine.

Nothing to do with machine gods. Ironic that you of all people would call that silly in any case.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me and Umar

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
He's a clickbaiter that started by making xbox only content, then changed to PS, then changed back to xbox. His opinions are not genuine.

Nothing to do with machine gods. Ironic that you of all people would call that silly in any case.
Crapgamer will switch to whatever side he thinks will give him views.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me