There are a few thousand games on PS5, only a small % of them run at 30FPS. Breaks the illusion and myth that this gen would mostly be 30fps games.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

These are only a few that run at 30 FPS..

The Medium
Arkham Knights
Dragon's Dogma
The Quarry

And a few others.

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
The Medium
Arkham Knights
Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
that's not true lol. 3140 games?!
Are they including all the shovelware?!
Anyway - 30fps is fine. Rebirth was fine at 30, ff16 also, plenty of games play good at 30. I have no issues with it if it's well done... which it rarely is this gen because stupid modes ruined everything.
I now have to choose between bad modes and choose what I want to give up. That's a fake choice.
Performance mode in ff7 rebirth is so bad, I can't believe it. They just render it with nearest neighbor scaling.... a pixelated integer scaler only to be used for 2d pixelart games!!! bunch of morns.
And some 30fps modes like Demons Souls got lag out of this world.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Anyway - 30fps is fine. Rebirth was fine at 30, ff16 also, plenty of games play good at 30. I have no issues with it if it's well done... which it rarely is this gen because stupid modes ruined everything.
I now have to choose between bad modes and choose what I want to give up. That's a fake choice.
Performance mode in ff7 rebirth is so bad, I can't believe it. They just render it with nearest neighbor scaling.... a pixelated integer scaler only to be used for 2d pixelart games!!! bunch of morns.
30fps is not fine, it sucks. Console games should be made to run at 60fps and I'm yet to see a single game that justifies being played at 30fps.

FFVII Rebirth 30fps mode is like watching a slide presentation, it doesn't even have a decent blur to help smooth things.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Arkham knights hasn't got a ps5 version, so is locked to 30fps because of the ps4.

The Quarry and medium is the devs just not bothering, can't see why these should be stuck at 30fps.
Yeah Dragon Dogma 2 will be 30 unlocked so I'm assuming for pro well get the 60fps choice.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
agree. it is all about implementation. 30fps is good when made well.

Reactions: arvfab

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Rebirths performance mode is an absolute disgrace.

Sony need to send in some developers to sort it out. Cause the SE devs are lazy and/or incomptent to fix it.

This issue has been known since the demo and they still haven't fixed it :mad:

Reactions: rofif

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Rebirths performance mode is an absolute disgrace.

Sony need to send in some developers to sort it out. Cause the SE devs are lazy and/or incomptent to fix it.

This issue has been known since the demo and they still haven't fixed it :mad:
Performance mode is bad.

Quality mode is far worse.

Way easier to get used to the blurry image than it is to the awful way 30fps feels in that game.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
30fps is not fine, it sucks. Console games should be made to run at 60fps and I'm yet to see a single game that justifies being played at 30fps.

FFVII Rebirth 30fps mode is like watching a slide presentation, it doesn't even have a decent blur to help smooth things.
emm.... no, it doesn't suck.
I just played 70 hours of rebirth and you absolutely forget about 30fps after 1 evening of playing.
Let your brain adjust, don't switch to 60fps mode during your playthrough and you are good.
brain man. USE IT.
It's not a slide show. Although it could use camera motion blur like ff16 or uncharted 4. But alas, didn't matter to me.

If you can't play game because it's only 30fps, you are a fake gamer. It doesn't matter. we played all our fav games at 30fps.
I had 240hz monitors, 144hz, 120hz crts back in the day... everything. I am flexible. I am not going to limit my fun because of arbitrary feeling you can get used to in 30 minutes. Like seriously, experiment a bit. Play rebirth for one evening without bitching at 30fps and when you start it next day, it will play just fine.
Or to accelerate it - lock some game to 25fps lol or 20... then when you go play 30fps rebirth, it will be butter. It's all about perception.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Don't play 30fps especially on a OLED.
wrong again. 30fps is just fine on oled. sure, sharper than on lcd but it's not as bad as 24fps slow panning shots in movies. These judder.
30fps in game is a bit better than that obviously.
I just finished rebirth 70h on oled, lg c1 48" on my desk. It played just fine.
30fps hate on oled is overexaggerated because these tvs are 120hz and most people experience HFR content on these tvs, so when it comes to 30fps game, the time needed to readjust is for readjusting to 30fps. Not exclusively readjusting to 30fps on oled.
Just my 2 cents.
I also played ratchet, HFW and ff16 all 30fps on ps5 and the same tv. All fine. Uncharted 4 too, tlou2 too. plenty of games

PlacidusaX

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Oct 2022
wrong again. 30fps is just fine on oled. sure, sharper than on lcd but it's not as bad as 24fps slow panning shots in movies. These judder.
30fps in game is a bit better than that obviously.
I just finished rebirth 70h on oled, lg c1 48" on my desk. It played just fine.
30fps hate on oled is overexaggerated because these tvs are 120hz and most people experience HFR content on these tvs, so when it comes to 30fps game, the time needed to readjust is for readjusting to 30fps. Not exclusively readjusting to 30fps on oled.
Just my 2 cents.
I also played ratchet, HFW and ff16 all 30fps on ps5 and the same tv. All fine. Uncharted 4 too, tlou2 too. plenty of games
No it isn't.
Don't be that guy.

Reactions: xollowsob

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
No it isn't.
Don't be that guy.
what is "that guy" ?!
30 is perfectly fine when done correctly.
We played all our fav games at 30. whole ps4 gen at 30. tlou2, death stranding, all the best games. Whole 360 gen and before too for some part.
30 is fine. It's devs fucking 30fps input lag this gen because they don't give a shit since they can do 2-3 modes and neither is good.

So yeah. I WILL be that guy. I can still play 30 like I did 5-10-15-20 years ago. I have a better tv now too. 4k, hdr, everything. I don't see why 30 should all of sudden be unplayable because I've seen hfr on pc. Dude I've been playing on pc since 1997. I had 120hz crt. I still do. I was playing 120fps half life 2 on geforce 3 in 2004.
The fact of me being able to play at 30fps without whining about it is a strength. And I am telling that all of you can do it. Just stop whining and give it 5 god damn minutes to adjust.

So yes - I will be that guy.
For fucking hell, I played forspoken launch code lol and that game had 20fps areas before patches... if I had no problems with that, I bet DD2 will be fine.
hell, if I played edf 2017 on 360 and had fun?! Are you telling me I can't have fun with DD2 at 4k (upscaled, I know), hdr, 10x lower tv lag than in 2006, dualsense, haptics, oled screen, 3d audio... all of those things?
You get all of that and you get to focus on 30fps as your limitation?! The fake perception limitation you can overcome in 1 evening of playing. I am telling you you can...

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Games continues being games even if you don't like them or consider them shovelware. So yes, should be counted.
In order to get to 3140 games, you need

Are we sure it is 60fps?
Are we sure ALL OF THOSE games are 60fps?
and mind you, these ate 90% of those 3140 games. Unless we are counting ps4 games but we don't

PlacidusaX

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Oct 2022
what is "that guy" ?!
30 is perfectly fine when done correctly.
We played all our fav games at 30. whole ps4 gen at 30. tlou2, death stranding, all the best games. Whole 360 gen and before too for some part.
30 is fine. It's devs fucking 30fps input lag this gen because they don't give a shit since they can do 2-3 modes and neither is good.

So yeah. I WILL be that guy. I can still play 30 like I did 5-10-15-20 years ago. I have a better tv now too. 4k, hdr, everything. I don't see why 30 should all of sudden be unplayable because I've seen hfr on pc. Dude I've been playing on pc since 1997. I had 120hz crt. I still do. I was playing 120fps half life 2 on geforce 3 in 2004.
The fact of me being able to play at 30fps without whining about it is a strength. And I am telling that all of you can do it. Just stop whining and give it 5 god damn minutes to adjust.

So yes - I will be that guy.
For fucking hell, I played forspoken launch code lol and that game had 20fps areas before patches... if I had no problems with that, I bet DD2 will be fine.
hell, if I played edf 2017 on 360 and had fun?! Are you telling me I can't have fun with DD2 at 4k (upscaled, I know), hdr, 10x lower tv lag than in 2006, dualsense, haptics, oled screen, 3d audio... all of those things?
You get all of that and you get to focus on 30fps as your limitation?! The fake perception limitation you can overcome in 1 evening of playing. I am telling you you can...
30fps isn't fine with a OLED

Reactions: xollowsob

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
30fps isn't fine with a OLED
it absolutely is fine. it's not 24fps.
It's not ideal. 40 or 60 is better. but it's fine.
and most people play far away from their tv. I play with 48" c1 on my desk, very close and it's fine even in that case.

Don't spread your inability to adapt to others.