Third party exclusivity is such a nasty thing and should be illegal and punishable by law

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
It's basically theft

Imagine buying next gen console for like 500$, expecting the same franchise to drop their new game on the same console just like the previous gen. Then all of a sudden comes this japanese corporation and bribe the exclusivity. Fxxk I would be pissed as hell if I was an Xbox user. I would feel robbed. This is honestly immoral. Since the xbox series X is at an affordable price i thought of buying one to play none exclusives because it's the stronger hardware, but almost all 3rd party upcoming games i am looking forward to are PS timed exclusives. FF16, forspoken, FF7 remske. Buying xbox would be useless. I really feel for xbox users now. It's a scammy move by Sony.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
It's basically theft

Imagine buying next gen console for like 500$, expecting the same franchise to drop their new game on the same console just like the previous gen. Then all of a sudden comes this japanese corporation and bribe the exclusivity. Fxxk I would be pissed as hell if I was an Xbox user. I would feel robbed. This is honestly immoral. Since the xbox series X is at an affordable price i thought of buying one to play none exclusives because it's the stronger hardware, but almost all 3rd party upcoming games i am looking forward to are PS timed exclusives. FF16, forspoken, FF7 remske. Buying xbox would be useless. I really feel for xbox users now. It's a scammy move by Sony.
Totally agree with you, in fact, i would take it a step further and have a public execution event, i am thinking a Mass Stoning here, and i am not taking skateboarders from Seattle type of stoning either.

Also, the more you pay, the bigger the rock you get too.

Happy The Rock GIF

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
So third parties don’t have free will to decide who to work with? You think forcing people’s labor is the actual “moral” thing to do?

Where do you people come up with this stuff? :LOL:

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
So third parties don’t have free will to decide who to work with? You think forcing people’s labor is the actual “moral” thing to do?

Where do you people come up with this stuff? :LOL:
Note, it's a timed exclusivity deal. It's not even permanent. They will get the same game later - and probably with extra content too.

And yet decide to cry about a supposed injustice.

Reactions: EDMIX

EDMIX

This is probably the funniest take.

Not all games will be put on all systems and not all games that do this is based on some deal by Sony or MS or something.

Consider Octopath Traveler 2 isn't coming to XB, yet coming to PS,PC, Switch. Are we to believe that Valve, Sony and Nintendo all made a deal to stop it from coming to XB?
Wouldn't the more logical assumption merely be the first game didn't sell well, thus its not worth it to make on XB UNLESS MS pays for the port?

So no company is obligated to put all their games on all platforms, that is a luxury, that isn't some right by the consumer. it cost money to roll these games out, that shit isn't free you know lol

OP
OP
Oogabooga

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
Totally agree with you, in fact, i would take it a step further and have a public execution event, i am thinking a Mass Stoning here, and i am not taking skateboarders from Seattle type of stoning either.

Also, the more you pay, the bigger the rock you get too.

Happy The Rock GIF
tenor.gif

This seems a bit too far

• party
Reactions: Sircaw

kaluas

3 Oct 2022
MS is fxxking Sony, but Sony is fxxking the players up... totally different.

Yeah, i don't really see it that way cause, you know, Sony didn't feel the need to spend like 70 gazilion while earning only 3 yealy from GP, but you can believe anything you want to. There is a lot of f*cking involved, i don't really feel f*cked by either company though. Maybe cause i have them all, cause i am a fithy capitalist whore.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Yeah, i don't really see it that way cause, you know, Sony didn't feel the need to spend like 70 gazilion while earning only 3 yealy from GP, but you can believe anything you want to. There is a lot of f*cking involved, i don't really feel f*cked by either company though. Maybe cause i have them all, cause i am a fithy capitalist whore.
They don't earn anything.
And 3B is all their services.

• fire
Reactions: EDMIX and kaluas
OP
OP
Oogabooga

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
Did you just learn the word capitalist?

This is probably the funniest take.

Not all games will be put on all systems and not all games that do this is based on some deal by Sony or MS or something.

Consider Octopath Traveler 2 isn't coming to XB, yet coming to PS,PC, Switch. Are we to believe that Valve, Sony and Nintendo all made a deal to stop it from coming to XB?
Wouldn't the more logical assumption merely be the first game didn't sell well, thus its not worth it to make on XB UNLESS MS pays for the port?

So no company is obligated to put all their games on all platforms, that is a luxury, that isn't some right by the consumer. it cost money to roll these games out, that shit isn't free you know lol
I know right! fxxk the fans who cares LOLOLOLOL XD

kaluas

3 Oct 2022

I really don't know what to tell you man. MS went all in this gen and made some really bitchy moves, what did they expect?

Furthermore I don't get this "play anything anywhere" gamer Phil's crap, it never was like this and it never supposed to. Phil would want to, certainly, cause they have invested a lot of money on making and advertising the most powerful console, but it would be Sony's and Ninty's fault to eat that bait. I, as a 3 decade old gamer, want to see the exact opposite.

Plus you say some things that really don't make sense. "Immoral"? WTF is immoral about a company renting a luxury product for a certain period of time? Remember MS holding Rise Of Tomb Raider exclusive for one year? The F noone bat an eyelid then? I certainly didn't care then, PS edition on PS4 got all the DLC included after exclusivity ended.

OP
OP
Oogabooga

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
I really don't know what to tell you man. MS went all in this gen and made some really bitchy moves, what did they expect?

Furthermore I don't get this "play anything anywhere" gamer Phil's crap, it never was like this and it never supposed to. Phil would want to, certainly, cause they have invested a lot of money on making and advertising the most powerful console, but it would be Sony's and Ninty's fault to eat that bait. I, as a 3 decade old gamer, want to see the exact opposite.

Plus you say some things that really don't make sense. "Immoral"? WTF is immoral about a company renting a luxury product for a certain period of time? Remember MS holding Rise Of Tomb Raider exclusive for one year? The F noone bat an eyelid then? I certainly didn't care then, PS edition on PS4 got all the DLC included after exclusivity ended.
You failed to see the bigger picture. This isn't another Sony evil, Microsoft angel thread. I'm mostly a PlayStation user myself. My point is clear. Third party exclusivity sucks in general. You can't release a whole franchise on a platform then all of a sudden you give the middle finger to the fans. It's messed up. First party exclusivity is cool tho nobody cares, especially since these franchises will be forever on the same platform.

• haha

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022

I know right! fxxk the fans who cares LOLOLOLOL XD
Think as I do or you are evil!

Seriously tho, I fail to see the logic. I get that you are upset about getting an Xbox console, I would be frustrated too, but these deals are part of the business and they're part of what makes platforms differentiate from each others.

Compared to outright buying the studios it's pretty nice, at least there is a chance that you will play the games at some point.

It's not like MS did not do these deals for GP games, but they do them Darla for small irrelevant games. This is their strategy, and GP is the best deal ever, as every shill YouTubers / forum poster told us for a couple of years! (That was a great way to spot those that were bought and paid for BTW, extremely high Halo I review scores and gamepass praises... Great combo to loose credibility).

• brain