Third party exclusivity is such a nasty thing and should be illegal and punishable by law

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
You can't release a whole franchise on a platform then all of a sudden you give the middle finger to the fans.

You mean like when Resident Evil or Monster Hunter became exclusives on Nintendo platforms? Bayonetta?

What about Yakuza 7 being only available for Series consoles outside of Japan for a short period? Tomb Raider? The GTA4 DLCs?

Third party exclusives have always existed, always will. Sometimes it's because otherwise a series would simply die (Street Fighter, Bayonetta), sometimes/often, because porting to other platforms wouldn't be worth it (Octopath 2 on Xbox). Other times it's because studios don't have the resources to build games for multiple platforms in parallel (many Blooper games released first on Xbox). And often it's simply business, where both parties see benefits in it.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
I wouldn't buy a console with an expectation that I'm entitled to anything that hasn't been announced as coming out for the platform.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
3rd parties have to right to decide if a game will be exclusive or not no matter what weird ideia you guys have.

That exclusivity can be whatever the 3rd-party choose to be… and it can be via market deal, development fund, or even just because the 3rd-party wants to work with a single platform.

Game development is after all a private business.

It is to note that exclusive development has several advantages over multiplatforms development: it is cheaper, easy to develop, less development time, you can get help with costs, etc.

No rare there are games that should not exists if not all exclusive.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: EDMIX

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
It's basically theft

Imagine buying next gen console for like 500$, expecting the same franchise to drop their new game on the same console just like the previous gen. Then all of a sudden comes this japanese corporation and bribe the exclusivity. Fxxk I would be pissed as hell if I was an Xbox user. I would feel robbed. This is honestly immoral. Since the xbox series X is at an affordable price i thought of buying one to play none exclusives because it's the stronger hardware, but almost all 3rd party upcoming games i am looking forward to are PS timed exclusives. FF16, forspoken, FF7 remske. Buying xbox would be useless. I really feel for xbox users now. It's a scammy move by Sony.
PS helps those studios in one way or another for these big games; they don't just throw money at developers to make games timed exclusives.

You don't expect them to help them without getting anything in return, do you?

P

peter42O

Personally, I have zero issues with third party exclusives but I would prefer them to be full instead of timed as with timed, I really don't see the point or purpose when you could probably add a little more money and just make it a full exclusive. Sony loves doing timed console exclusives and if there's a game I want to play, im not waiting to do so.

For Microsoft and Xbox, I prefer them to get third party multi-platform games on Game Pass day one instead of any timed exclusivity as that's a far greater benefit to me.

In general, let them all do whatever the fuck they want as none of it is going to affect me personally and the more aggressive and competitive they become, the better and I'll reap the rewards from both sides.

Reactions: Oogabooga and EDMIX

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
It's basically theft

Theft would mean that someone has taken something you own

Imagine buying next gen console for like 500$, expecting the same franchise to drop their new game on the same console just like the previous gen

Imagine buying a console for games you have no assurance are actually coming to the platform

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
No its not, i think they are great. Folks need to stop looking at it as if its a bad thing. If a game did not come to your console of choice and you mad its not because you bought the wrong console, it means you are fucking greedy and you want everything (not actually you). And i dont think anyone gamer/person should be entitled to everything.

Exclusive is not a win or lose proposition, its more like "this is for these folks over here, and thats for them folks over there"

Reactions: EDMIX

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
It's basically theft

Imagine buying next gen console for like 500$, expecting the same franchise to drop their new game on the same console just like the previous gen. Then all of a sudden comes this japanese corporation and bribe the exclusivity. Fxxk I would be pissed as hell if I was an Xbox user. I would feel robbed. This is honestly immoral. Since the xbox series X is at an affordable price i thought of buying one to play none exclusives because it's the stronger hardware, but almost all 3rd party upcoming games i am looking forward to are PS timed exclusives. FF16, forspoken, FF7 remske. Buying xbox would be useless. I really feel for xbox users now. It's a scammy move by Sony.
Is that you phil?

EDMIX

Did you just learn the word capitalist?

I know right! fxxk the fans who cares LOLOLOLOL XD

lolz, I know right, you still don't have any actual logical point.
You can't fucking force a developer to hire more staff to make more versions based on being butthurt about not having the game on your platform of choice. Not all developers can do that and if the game series sells poorly on those systems, they have even less incentive to put the game on that platform.

This is a business.

Its not a feelings factory or fucking charity to be reaching to some moral shit as if all publishers MUST put games on all platforms.

So I don't know what to say man, there is a reason most of this thread gets this and you don't. They understand capitalism, they understand businesses can decide for themselves what platforms their games go on, deals or not and they understand its their free will to accept some deal for PS Platinum or Gamepass or marketing deals or timed exclusivity etc.

Might as well cry over McDonalds not having the Whopper and Burger King not having the Big Mac or something.

be like "i know rightz! fzzxk the fazt foodz loverz, who carez lolololol"

OP
OP
Oogabooga

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
Might as well cry over McDonalds not having the Whopper and Burger King not having the Big Mac or something.

be like "i know rightz! fzzxk the fazt foodz loverz, who carez lolololol"
LMAO That's the most bizarre comparison ever.

You should not take gaming so seriously lol. And if you like japanese games, why the hell would you buy an xbox? That's really contradictory.
You do realise at least 25% of square enix sales from xbox?

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
3rd parties have to right to decide if a game will be exclusive or not no matter what weird ideia you guys have.

That exclusivity can be whatever the 3rd-party choose to be… and it can be via market deal, development fund, or even just because the 3rd-party wants to work with a single platform.

Game development is after all a private business.

It is to note that exclusive development has several advantages over multiplatforms development: it is cheaper, easy to develop, less development time, you can get help with costs, etc.

No rare there are games that should not exists if not all exclusive.
So it will be just fine when Microsoft decides to do whatever they want with their ABK games. Got it.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
So it will be just fine when Microsoft decides to do whatever they want with their ABK games. Got it.
Of course they can (excluding any existing contractual obligations), even more so if they become 1st party. Maybe they will revive Windows Phone and release Candy Crush exclusively on it.

I can already see the fans crying in joy once Candy Crush launches on GamePass!

Reactions: kaluas and EDMIX

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Would appreciate if everyone stay away from insults like calling people stupid or anything else like that... we can do better!

Remember we are a community and you are all good people, no need to act otherwise, it proves nothing. <3