Thread making privileges update!

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
All normal members will now need to submit their thread ideas to a "content creator", "founder" or "moderator".

We would like to keep the thread quality high and so, if you have any news, discussion or other info that you'd like to post, please contact @John Elden Ring or one of our mods @TubzGaming @BloodMod or @Gamernyc78

They will post on your behalf and credit you.

If you would like to become a "content creator" with thread creation privileges, you can discuss it with us. Send me a DM and we can get the ball rolling.

Many thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Star Wars Tatooine GIF by Jeremy Mansford

• Shake
Reactions: Bryank75

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Not gonna lie this is pretty lame.

No other forum does this(unless your a really junior member).

Heck even sites like restera which have overcontrolling mods will let you post as a normal member after account approval.

If some thread isn't a good look for the site just remove it 🤷‍♂️

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
You are the reason we can't have nice things, FFS.

Xmas is over, THANKS.

christmas tree burn GIF by Vertigo Releasing

i even had to submit this reply to @Bryank75 to get it checked ffs.
Not gonna lie this is pretty lame.

No other forum does this(unless your a really junior member).

Heck even sites like restera which have overcontrolling mods will let you post as a normal member after account approval.

If some thread isn't a good look for the site just remove it 🤷‍♂️
I agree...most of the threads here are pretty good. The whole site shouldn't have to be punished just because of one of my posts. Let others make threads and I'm fine with not being able to.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I agree...most of the threads here are pretty good. The whole site shouldn't have to be punished just because of one of my posts. Let others make threads and I'm fine with not being able to.
Honestly it wasn't even an offensive thread, so even banning you from posting threads seems a bit too much.

So many other sites have threads that may not come across a good look, mods just deal with it by removing it. Don't know the solutions seems simple to me.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
All normal members will now need to submit their thread ideas to a "content creator", "founder" or "moderator".

We would like to keep the thread quality high and so, if you have any news, discussion or other info that you'd like to post, please contact @John Elden Ring or one of our mods @TubzGaming @BloodMod or @Gamernyc78

They will post on your behalf and credit you.

If you would like to become a "content creator" with thread creation privileges, you can discuss it with us. Send me a DM and we can get the ball rolling.

Many thanks!
it was pretty good and without restrictions.

if someone wants to make a report on news? and all mods are sleeping etc..? it is stupid.
i don't think you thought this through.

We always closed thread and archived it if something fishy is going on.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Honestly it wasn't even an offensive thread, so even banning you from posting threads seems a bit too much.

So many other sites have threads that may not come across a good look, mods just deal with it by removing it. Don't know the solutions seems simple to me.
That thread actually had some good discussions but the title is what caused all the outrage. I really didn't think it'd garner that much attention and cause that much hate towards the site....

It was mostly Xbox fanboys and even shills like Colt and windows central employees getting mad at it. But still, it definitely did hurt the sites credibility which I feel bad about. A random poster shouldn't reflect a sites views, but we're still relatively small so it's not surprising to see people take it one way

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
The problem is Threads get auto posted to Twitter.
This is not the first time this has happend.
We / I have had to step in a few times and remove threads from Here and Twitter before to many people have seen them as some might find it funny or just want to spam.
Yes its always nice to have nice things but that post ran the forum through the mud and had over 150,000 views.
Everyone can still do everything else and the people that normally make threads still can make them.
if you are not one of them all you have to do is bring it to @Bryank75 or a Mod.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
That thread actually had some good discussions but the title is what caused all the outrage. I really didn't think it'd garner that much attention and cause that much hate towards the site....

It was mostly Xbox fanboys and even shills like Colt and windows central employees getting mad at it. But still, it definitely did hurt the sites credibility which I feel bad about. A random poster shouldn't reflect a sites views, but we're still relatively small so it's not surprising to see people take it one way
Our stock value went down by 10 billion because of your actions.

Prepare to sell a lot of arse to make up for the cost.

Viral Video Dancing GIF by Jessimae Peluso

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Ooo, that'll stifle conversation, won't it?
Can I suggest a tweak?

The defaultly selected thread tag is changed to "discussion/unverified opinion" and all members post under that, only mods have the ability to change the thread tag to something more appropriate if it turns into a more reputable rumor, say if it's a discussion thread over a tweet.

I'm stoned, does what I put make any sense?

Reactions: Bryank75

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Can I suggest a tweak?

The defaultly selected thread tag is changed to "discussion/unverified opinion" and all members post under that, only mods have the ability to change the thread tag to something more appropriate if it turns into a more reputable rumor, say if it's a discussion thread over a tweet.

Who thrown stones into you? Are you hurt?

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Can I suggest a tweak?

@FatKaz @Gediminas @Sircaw @JAHGamer @historia @TubzGaming and others

Ive restored thread posting. We will come at this from a different angle.

You're right about stifling discussion, we need a more appropriate solution.

@JAHGamer is also correct about the ones making a big deal about it.

At the same time, we need to be careful about thread quality, we just had another thread made with an obvious spelling error...in caps.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

At the same time, we need to be careful about thread quality, we just had another thread made with an obvious spelling error...in caps.
I don't like the way you put me in the same sentence as @Gediminas and @JAHGamer, I feel rather filthy now.

And 100% on the solution bit and thread quality bit.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

I agree.

Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023

Thanks for always listening to feedback, that's why this is the best forum in the world, we just need to get rid of @Sircaw and it'll be perfect 😂