Tom Caswell (Gamespot Producer) - Playstation was pressured by Sony to make PSVR2, their heart wasn't into it 🧂🧂

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Google is free! How about you quit patrolling threads with your nonsense know it all attitude lol.
Insomniac had a VR division and that's all I'm a say. Go Argue with someone else who wants waste time with ya.

It's so easy to tell one someone is full of it...

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I’d imagine most of these VR studios are on the chopping block. Now Sony is gonna need to fill their showcases with indieshit or something because the VR reels were perfect for bathroom breaks.

Biggest blunder of the gen for Sony. Wasted teams on gimmick trash no one cares for or buys. Outside of cockpit games it’s done nothing of note.

It’s definitely a huge flop. They haven’t bothered reporting on it since launch. I’d be supportive of them dropping it altogether for the next gen to focus all studios on non-gimmick driven tech and make core game experiences instead of this on-rails scripted junk.

Last edited:

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
They obviously had a VR division since the entire company weren't working on VR games... It's that simple. Quit acting dumb

I'm going to clue you in on how tech companies work.

Just because you work on a project doesn't make you a part of a division.

The people who worked on these VR games also worked on non-VR games. The people who worked on Ratchet games also worked on Spider-Man games.

There is no Spider-Man division at Insomniac. There is no VR division at Insomniac. There is no Ratchet division at Insomniac. Nor is there an ios/android division at Insomniac. Nor is there an Xbox division at Insomniac.

Some companies have specific teams or divisions who work on games, Insomniac has never been that. Primarily because they aren't that large.

A project does not make a division, nor is one undone by working on a new project.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
I’d imagine most of these VR studios are on the chopping block. Now Sony is gonna need to fill their showcases with indieshit or something because the VR reels were perfect for bathroom breaks.

Biggest blunder of the gen for Sony. Wasted teams on gimmick trash no one cares for or buys. Outside of cockpit games it’s done nothing of note.

It’s definitely a huge flop. They haven’t bothered reporting on it since launch. I’d be supportive of them dropping it altogether for the next gen to focus all studios on non-gimmick driven tech and make core game experiences instead of this on-rails scripted junk.

Yeah it was such a blunder that Nishino was fired... oh wait... I meant promoted to CEO.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023

What VR Studios? Lol

Reactions: mibu no ookami

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
What VR Studios? Lol

People say the weirdest things. The only VR studio Sony bought was Firesprite. They got hit by layoffs and maybe they'll eventually be shutdown, but people saying that Sony made this big investment in VR... there's no evidence of that.

Even Sony London wasn't working on VR before they were shutdown.

I think they'll continue to make some VR games and VR modes just as they have, but primarily rely on 3rd parties on this.