Tom Henderson on PS5 Slim: "I'm inclined to believe it will just be called a PS5 and branded as an improved model. It's my understanding that this new

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

I don't know anything about the recent PlayStation Slim rumors and when it will be revealed. Logically, with a release set for September, a reveal soon makes sense. As for if it will be called the "Slim" or not, I'm inclined to believe it will just be called a PS5 and branded as an improved model. It's my understanding that this new model will completely replace the current PlayStation 5 with the last units hitting shelves by the end of the year.

Reactions: Ezekiel

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

I don't know anything about the recent PlayStation Slim rumors and when it will be revealed. Logically, with a release set for September, a reveal soon makes sense. As for if it will be called the "Slim" or not, I'm inclined to believe it will just be called a PS5 and branded as an improved model. It's my understanding that this new model will completely replace the current PlayStation 5 with the last units hitting shelves by the end of the year.

He's moving the goalposts. Btw, where is the new PS5 SKU that according to him was going to be announced last week?

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
He's moving the goalposts. Btw, where is the new PS5 SKU that according to him was going to be announced last week?
I think he got sources, the Project Q thing was basically on point. Except he does not understand what info he was getting his hand on so he just holding it.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I think he got sources, the Project Q thing was basically on point. Except he does not understand what info he was getting his hand on so he just holding it.
Yes, with project Q was right. But when he said PS5 Pro was going to be announced last week he wasn't.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Tom Henderson never said it was going to be a ‘slim’ model. I dont know where people got that from. He always said from the start that it was a model with a detachable disc drive and that it would mostly look the same. People started interpreting that it meant it was going to be a reduced price slim model just as of a few months ago for no real reason.

Henderson was 100% sure that there was a pro model launching next year though. I’m all about holding peoples feet to the fire when they’re wrong but tom henderson has been pretty much spot on with all his leaks.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Yes, with project Q was right. But when he said PS5 Pro was going to be announced last week he wasn't.
He says he gonna leak info about it. Apparently he got info but doesn't know wtf does it mean.

Kelper_L2, a known AMD leaker even hint about jt.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Would be very Apple of Sony to remove the option for a disk drive, opting to sell separately.

Would also make the og disk model a rarity similar to the original PS3 model.

Reactions: Kokoloko

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
He always said from the start that it was a model with a detachable disc drive and that it would mostly look the same.
I don't know man we're onto 3 years life of PS5 already, if there's no Slim version ready and the new model looked the same as original then there's no point launching this new version, better phase out disk version and keep digital edition LOL.

Reactions: ksdixon

MaxParrish

8 Jan 2023
Would be very Apple of Sony to remove the option for a disk drive, opting to sell separately.

Would also make the og disk model a rarity similar to the original PS3 model.
There are more than 30 millions Ps5 with disk drive. I'm sure that there was less original Ps3 ( wich came in at least 3 different models) + the original Ps3 had a pretty high failure rate which contributed to make them rarer these days.

Reactions: BroodCorp

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I'll be surprised if this is a bigger redesign than PS3->Slim. This is primarily about reducing manufacturing costs imo.

That’s exactly what it is.

The detachable disc drive is more an attachable disc drive.

Simply add the disc drive to the digital version PS5 to make a physical version.

The digital version will have an empty bay where a disc drive goes covered with a plastic cover.

Just a case of making manufacturing easier and cheaper.

Not a case of consumers being able to buy a disc drive separate in stores.

• brain
Reactions: flaccidsnake

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
That’s exactly what it is.

The detachable disc drive is more an attachable disc drive.

Simply add the disc drive to the digital version PS5 to make a physical version.

The digital version will have an empty bay where a disc drive goes covered with a plastic cover.

Just a case of making manufacturing easier and cheaper.

Not a case of consumers being able to buy a disc drive separate in stores.

Yeah Id guess the PS5 with BD are significantly outselling the digital model, but Sony doesn't want to stop making them. So this way they can mass produce one box and still offer both options. I think youre right about the availability of add-on drives in stores, but Sony will probably sell them direct.

• Shake
Reactions: Muddasar