Tom Henderson on PS5 Slim: "I'm inclined to believe it will just be called a PS5 and branded as an improved model. It's my understanding that this new

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Same thing they did with PS3. Launch hardware was premium looking and the better value vs the newer cheaper and uglier price drop edition.

It’s ugly but that hasn’t mattered much before…

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Same thing they did with PS3. Launch hardware was premium looking and the better value vs the newer cheaper and uglier price drop edition.

It’s ugly but that hasn’t mattered much before…
I mean its what they always do to save on manafacturing cost and cut out unnecessary things like when they cut out bc from ps3, like vita cutting out oled screen, Switch, etc

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
You’re very optimistic if you think they’ll include a detachable drive with the base console.
I assume they'll have a single sku without the detachable drive, and then sell a bundle of console + detachable drive (which would also be sold separatedly).

I assume that in terms of production, shipment and inventory it would be more optimal.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
I assume they'll have a single sku without the detachable drive, and then sell a bundle of console + detachable drive (which would also be sold separatedly).

I assume that in terms of production, shipment and inventory it would be more optimal.
Do you believe more than enough people will buy it separately if they had to? I’d bet Sony does.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I highly doubt Sony will officially sell the attachable drive separately for consumers.

Seems more a case of improving production at the factory than anything else.

Produce one SKU.

Add a drive to make the physical PS5 at the factory.

Simple.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I highly doubt Sony will officially sell the attachable drive separately for consumers.

Seems more a case of improving production at the factory than anything else.

Produce one SKU.

Add a drive to make the physical PS5 at the factory.

Simple.
Yeah, that’s the way I see it. Will be pre attached on console sku and a disk less digital sku also. Just as today. They MAY offer separate option, to be seen.

Reactions: Muddasar

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Yeah, that’s the way I see it. Will be pre attached on console sku and a disk less digital sku also. Just as today. They MAY offer separate option, to be seen.

Agree.

Unofficially we may be able to get a separate drive.

Officially no chance in my opinion.

How easy is it to attach a drive to a console?

I honestly can’t see how Sony have simplified it for a regular customer.