Tom Henderson: PS5 Pro releasing on November 2024

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
oh god not this again.
4k60 my ass. it will be 1440p and base will be 1080p.
I dont see how they will make a big jump without making this thing 1000$

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Entropi

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Realistically which games do you think they could have ready from their first party studios?

Naughty Dog - Factions 2 should release early-mid 2024 at the latest (doubt)
Insomniac - Wolverine? (potentially)
Bend -
Guerrilla Games -
Bluepoint -
Sony Santa Monica - Cory Barlog's game (potential maybe not ready for launch, but demonstrated on PS5 Pro?)
Kojima Productions - Death Stranding 2 (potentially)
Polyphony Digital - Gran Turismo 7 update w/ full ray tracing + enhanced gfx (potentially)

I'd be happy with a list like you have here and maybe add a few of the big AAA games from 23 / 24 with better fps / resolution and raytracing....

CP2077 would be a good one too... would love to see good raytracing on console, 60 fps and more activity / npcs etc.

GT7 is a must and Wolverine is my most anticipated game so that would be a huge plus for me!

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
oh god not this again.
4k60 my ass. it will be 1440p and base will be 1080p.
I dont see how they will make a big jump without making this thing 1000$
There's a chance that the PS5 Pro could have some impressive custom upscaling tech built into the hardware which could provide a 4K quality image at 60 or higher fps.

Reactions: Bryank75

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
There's a chance that the PS5 Pro could have some impressive custom upscaling tech built into the hardware which could provide a 4K quality image at 60 or higher fps.
As long as it's not fsr2... it's so bad

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
As long as it's not fsr2... it's so bad
It really is... especially at lower resolutions. I hope more games start implementing XeSS because it's much better for the Steam Deck. In Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart XeSS is so much better and stable. FSR2 just turns into a grainy mess when doing any fast movements.

Anyway, I'm sure that if the PS5 Pro is targeting improvements to Ray-Tracing quality/performance... they'll likely have a better upscaling technique ready to handle the denoising and upscaling. They kinda go part-and-parcel in making the technology viable.

Reactions: Bryank75 and rofif