Tom Henderson/Shinobi602: Indiana Jones is releasing in 2024

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Bethesda is doing for MS what Insomniac is doing for Sony, except Insomniac is doing a way better job of carrying atm.
the entirety of bethesda is more comparable to Playstation Studios as a whole. it's at least 5 AAA teams. it would be like if Id Software released a AAA title every year.

• haha
Reactions: AshHunter216

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Bethesda is doing for MS what Insomniac is doing for Sony, except Insomniac is doing a way better job of carrying atm.

The two aren’t even comparable.

Bethesda’s isn’t doing that all. All the games they released so far have been average to bad. They don’t even push hardware or software sales. Leading up to Starfield Xbox sales continued to fall. This is before reviews even came out.

Insomniac are in class all by themselves.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
The two aren’t even comparable.

Bethesda’s isn’t doing that all. All the games they released so far have been average to bad. They don’t even push hardware or software sales. Leading up to Starfield Xbox sales continued to fall. This is before reviews even came out.

Insomniac are in class all by themselves.
Hence why I said that Insomniac was doing a much better job. Not sure why you thought I was insulting them.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Your comparison sells PlayStation studios incredibly short in multiple ways, chiefly in size and quality of content.
I meant to boost Insomniac. Playstation has like 8-10 AAA studios which is definitely bigger than Bethesda. I wouldn't say "selling them short" though since I made no comparison to quality or productivity.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Hence why I said that Insomniac was doing a much better job. Not sure why you thought I was insulting them.

I would not even compare them at all. That’s how much Insomniac is better. There’s nothing to compare!

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Insomniac is like three or four teams. Bethesda/Zenimax, as a former publisher that retained internal independence, is more than double that. The main BGS studio (probably at least three teams, since Starfield, F76 and TESV are all being worked on currently), Zenimax Online, iD (two teams?,) Machine Games, Arkane (two teams,) Tango, and I think one or two more that I am forgetting about. Its really not a relevant comparison.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Insomniac is like three or four teams. Bethesda/Zenimax, as a former publisher that retained internal independence, is more than double that. The main BGS studio (probably at least three teams, since Starfield, F76 and TESV are all being worked on currently), Zenimax Online, iD (two teams?,) Machine Games, Arkane (two teams,) Tango, and I think one or two more that I am forgetting about. Its really not a relevant comparison.
I don't get why all you people think that I was saying that they're the same size. I'm just saying that both Insomniac and Bethesda are releasing content for their platform holders whose other studios are taking a long time to get games ready, though Insomniac has put out more critically acclaimed and higher selling games this gen.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I don't get why all you people think that I was saying that they're the same size. I'm just saying that both Insomniac and Bethesda are both releasing content for platforms whose other studios are taking a long time to get games ready, though Insomniac has put out more critically acclaimed and higher selling games this gen.
Thats really not fair to Sony then, GoW and Horizon both launched a year or two ago, MLB comes out every year, GT gets regular releases, TLOU gets lots of drops even if many are just rereleases, Asobi does lots of smaller games, Returnal is only three years old, etc. Thats totally different from the multiple "big" Microsoft studios that have been going something like six or seven years without a release.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Thats really not fair to Sony then, GoW and Horizon both launched a year or two ago, MLB comes out every year, GT gets regular releases, TLOU gets lots of drops even if many are just rereleases, Asobi does lots of smaller games, Returnal is only three years old, etc. Thats totally different from the multiple "big" Microsoft studios that have been going something like six or seven years without a release.
fair enough.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Not really excited for Indiana Jones. Don't like those type of games but i hope it does good.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Had the potential to be good since the Uncharted games and Tomb Raider 2013 already laid the foundations.... But it's in first person mode, so this game will definitely be mediocre no matter what they do.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
This is an Indy game, not an indie game.
Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
If its truly a high profile game coming in 2024..then we should be hearing about it at least from last year...

Unless its a mediocre licensed ip game like kong...avatar frontiers of pandora....or robocop....

Aidendelaney95

9 Jul 2022
"Sooner than we think," so what you mean is, no real marketing push from MS, which means nobody will be aware of it, which then means lack of chatter, lack of players due to all of the above. Add the fact it's a bygone IP, and---

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
If its truly a high profile game coming in 2024..then we should be hearing about it at least from last year...

Unless its a mediocre licensed ip game like kong...avatar frontiers of pandora....or robocop....

Robocop??

robocop GIF

• haha
Reactions: Airbus
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
There could be a good indy game, and it could be different enough from uncharted / TR to stand out. I just don't see it in Machine Games' DNA. The Wolfenstein games are AA shooters imo with underwhelming gameplay feel. Assuming they're going to 3rd person with a huge emphasis on animation (whip physics???), I haven't seen their talent for that. I would've rather seen Machine Games do an ultraviolent FPS with an original IP. Maybe something similar to Ghostrunner.
Pretty sure it's been confirmed to be a 1st person game

• Surprised
Reactions: flaccidsnake