Tom Henderson/Shinobi602: Indiana Jones is releasing in 2024

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Uncharted is unbeatable. The characters, the stories, the gameplay.

I just can't imagine an Indie game coming close.

But if it's coming to PlayStation, I'd try to enjoy it for what it was.
Indie is a pretty good character, the whip, swords and guns are interesting weapons and the Nazis are great baddies.

The only problem is the studio, those Wolfenstein games aren't that good (but not bad, they're better than 343 and probably as good as the gears team... So decent as Xbox développer.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Regardless, I can already hear the Xbox fanboys calling it an Uncharted / Naughty Dog killer.
Turns out the indiana jones game look like this🤭 images.jpeg-145.jpg

Announced for 2024

Still no gameplay or anything

Doesnt look convincing

Last edited:

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
The last movie flopped really badly
Exactly it’s not like it’s an IP that still somewhat has relevance in the overall culture still.

King Kong, for example, is an ip I think is somewhat equal in terms of cultural relevance to Indiana Jones. Would a theoretically King Kong ps5 exclusive from say bend be exciting or more like, hmm idk about that? Like, would people really be that excited? I’d say no.

I think what we’re seeing here with Xbox fandom, it is a cult mentality that’s under siege. They’re under siege from enemies real or imagined and so they create these extremely unrealistic expectations to the next thing as like a savior complex. Starfield couldn’t just be a fun game, it has to THE game, the game of the generation.

I think that’s where a lot of online disconnect comes from because our forum and twitter communities are so small compared to the rest of the market. Yes Xbox has an extremely loud fandom but that fandom doesn’t really exist outside of the forums and Twitter. It’s quite literally, astroturfed.

The 9th generation xbox generation should be studied by psychologists as a case study of cults and corporatism and how they can intertwine.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Can’t imagine an inexperienced studio in 3rd person narrative action adventures being able to build a prestige game. Keenly watching.

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
It’s very curious that they haven’t shown it yet will release it this year. Anything they think looks good they show years in advance no? Sure high fi rush was a shadow drop but I think Xbox looked at that game as a small indie sized game that didn’t warrant the limelight.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It’s very curious that they haven’t shown it yet will release it this year. Anything they think looks good they show years in advance no? Sure high fi rush was a shadow drop but I think Xbox looked at that game as a small indie sized game that didn’t warrant the limelight.
They only have a couple of games to show yearly in terms of exclusives so they usually keep showing the same rotation for three years consecutive e.g. Sea of Thieves, Halo, Forza back then and now Hellblade which we've seen four years in a row. Indiana Jones will be shown at developer presentation on Jan 18. It is weird they hvnt shown it with a release date for 2024. I guess it's a mid tier budgeted game and didn't warrant tht hype.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I really enjoyed the Wolfenstein games (the 2 mainline ones at least) so playing this on PS5 this or next year will be a treat

• thisistheway
Reactions: JAHGamer

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I would not even compare them at all. That’s how much Insomniac is better. There’s nothing to compare!
I think he meant as in they are releasing next gen games for Xbox like Starfield, Redfall, Hi Fi etc while the rest of MS studios havent been as active.
Like how Insomniac has been holding PS5 up with next gen games like Ratchet, Spiderman games and Wolverine announcement
Not a quality comparison