Tom Henderson: We'll see "Launching on Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch 2, and PC" a heck of a lot in 12-18 months

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
If it matches steam deck, it can't be cheaper than $399 unless Nintendo takes $50 loss and sell it for $349. They gonna sell shit load of Mario remastered games at $70, so selling hardware at loss is not gonna be a problem for them.

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
I'm wary of this kind of announcement, which means absolutely nothing.
It was the same promise with the Switch before its launch. Third-party publishers were to make a comeback at Nintendo, and we've seen the results.

A small reminder

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
If it matches steam deck, it can't be cheaper than $399 unless Nintendo takes $50 loss and sell it for $349. They gonna sell shit load of Mario remastered games at $70, so selling hardware at loss is not gonna be a problem for them.
Nintendo will never take a loss on hardware. It's gonna be $399.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty
D

Deleted member 223

This gen is fucked with the Series S anyway, on top of 2 years of straight up cross-gen.... what's another low spec device to the mix?

I welcome any hardware change that brings Nintendo in-line with full third party support to, one the one hand, squeeze out MS from the console market faster, and on the other, provide strong traditional, conservative and not disruptive competition to Sony's PlayStation which currently is a "fast follower" to MS, and Xbox's dogshit policies and general direction.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Didn’t a document from court leaked say, that the performance will be close to a Standard PS4 and Xbox One?
I doubt that Nintendo would take a loss on hardware for performant specs. Nintendo can’t afford to go over 400.00 price tag. A Handheld with PS4 pro specs would be to expensive to manufacture. The new Asus ROG handheld doesn’t even support 1440p or 4k to begin with. 4k and 60fps for a handheld under 400.00 is not viable.

Edit: Sounds like MH6 will be held back by Switch 2…

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Xbox one like raw power, aided by DLSS and further optimizations. 300 USD.

1.3 TFs but with a more modern and efficient architecture than the Xbone. The Xbone also used DDR3 (lol) as its main RAM, so 8GB of some variant of LPDDR5 should be better, too.

I don't think Nintendo can pull it off at $299, but one can dream.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
1.3 TFs but with a more modern and efficient architecture than the Xbone. The Xbone also used DDR3 (lol) as its main RAM, so 8GB of some variant of LPDDR5 should be better, too.

I don't think Nintendo can pull it off at $299, but one can dream.
If the GPU is ampere based then the TF count will be inflated, probably around 2-2.5TF

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Entropi

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
This gen will never pick up, such a wasted hardware potential. Strangled by too much power difference between supported hardware
This Gen has picked up just fine, with PS5 selling like the PS2 did.

What colour is the sky in your world?

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
This gen is fucked with the Series S anyway, on top of 2 years of straight up cross-gen.... what's another low spec device to the mix?

I welcome any hardware change that brings Nintendo in-line with full third party support to, one the one hand, squeeze out MS from the console market faster, and on the other, provide strong traditional, conservative and not disruptive competition to Sony's PlayStation which currently is a "fast follower" to MS, and Xbox's dogshit policies and general direction.

This is a fair point.

Series S and now Switch 2 will keep most third party games scaleable for potato rigs too since they’re last gen spec (in Nintendo’s case closer to last last gen). Not hating on scaleability and greater likelihood of 60fps versions on ps5 due to forever cross gen is excellent.

This will only further associate Sony single player games as the best looking games in the industry. They already are and consumers already recognize this.

This gen is so over …. :ROFLMAO:

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
It will not outsell PS5 st $400

Numero

29 Jul 2023
This Gen has picked up just fine, with PS5 selling like the PS2 did.

What colour is the sky in your world?
Sales aren't a valid metric, ofc hardware will sell eventually. Do you ever seen a generation with zero consoles sold?
However this is the worse gen in terms of software advancements, all the hardware potential the current platform have is wasted due to cross gen and weaker supported hardware. There are very few ambitious titles that push current hardware

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Sales aren't a valid metric, ofc hardware will sell eventually. Do you ever seen a generation with zero consoles sold?
However this is the worse gen in terms of software advancements, all the hardware potential the current platform have is wasted due to cross gen and weaker supported hardware. There are very few ambitious titles that push current hardware
I’ve seen some stupid things said around here, but this takes the cake.

And by cake, I mean moldy dog turd.

• haha
Reactions: flaccidsnake