Top Director at Bungie Was Fired After Misconduct Investigation - Bloomberg (Update: Marathon is cooked)

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Explains the sudden shift in director not because the game had issues. But the dude in charge was a moron and couldn't go to a strip club for attention.

• Informative
Reactions: Neversummer

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Seems so. Karma is a bitch. Great to see. Also great to see Ball Tosser gets his ass handed.

Like, I said… Christopher Barrett played it off as holier than thou but was in fact a hypocrite. See, just goes to show you… that when you’re posting the color of your fingernails for twitter likes — you’re a loser

To be honest— I don’t care if you’re a serial cheater … but not at work dumbass

It always comes around. Always.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Explains the sudden shift in director not because the game had issues. But the dude in charge was a moron and couldn't go to a strip club for attention.
Didn’t Jason made it seem like the change of director was because the game was in a bad state? In reality you had this fuck tard doing crazy shit to his co workers instead of working on the game. Feel like marathon should be play tested by hero shooter (apex, valorant, overwatch creators) not tarkov that like tarkov because of the military sim + slower pace.

Reactions: CrackmanNL

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Didn’t Jason made it seem like the change of director was because the game was in a bad state? In reality you had this fuck tard doing crazy shit to his co workers instead of working on the game. Feel like marathon should be play tested by hero shooter (apex, valorant, overwatch creators) not tarkov that like tarkov because of the military sim + slower pace.

Marathon isn’t a hero shooter. It’s an extraction shooter. Apex is a BR first with heroes used as load outs. Marathon may do something similar… but they’re androids.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Yep he did imply it was a shit show (on the game) because of the director leaving alongside the alleged playtest feedback

Marathon isn’t a hero shooter. It’s an extraction shooter.
Cause the Valorant dude replaced the director people are implying it's shift, if they did it would be the dumbest change especially with the reception on Concord.

Zeno

28 Jun 2023
Sony bought this studio instead of CDProject when CDProject was at the lowest valuation.

How did nothing come out in due diligence?

This is disastrous.

Reactions: Dabaus

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Yep he did imply it was a shit show (on the game) because of the director leaving alongside the alleged playtest feedback

Cause the Valorant dude replaced the director people are implying it's shift, if they did it would be the dumbest change especially with the reception on Concord.

This shift in direction was based on assumptions as to why Barrett was replaced. Now we know why he was replaced.

I wouldn’t expect Marathon to have flamboyant personalities of any kind but roles and loadouts to choose from. They won’t be human characters.

I would’ve assumed Marathon got cancelled and Bungie and Sony just play it safe with Destiny but latest word seems this is the focus is both.

PS - There was reports yesterday saying Jason Blundell was leading a new team at Sony working on a game with Bungie… I assume that new studio working on gummy bears.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
He probably asked the women:

"You want to see my exclusive stick?"

HR wanted to close an eye about the harassment, but the moment he said "exclusive", he had to go.

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
This shift in direction was based on assumptions as to why Barrett was replaced. Now we know why he was replaced.

I wouldn’t expect Marathon to have flamboyant personalities of any kind but roles and loadouts to choose from. They won’t be human characters.

I would’ve assumed Marathon got cancelled and Bungie and Sony just play it safe with Destiny but latest word seems this is the focus is both.

PS - There was reports yesterday saying Jason Blundell was leading a new team at Sony working on a game with Bungie… I assume that new studio working on gummy bears.
Yeah exactly it's a coming from implications/assumptions from a lot of folks. In earnest what's the Valorant director gonna change in the framework so deep in development.

Will see was hoping for 2 new studios internally from Blundell and Bungie and mainly for Blundell making a more gritty/military style shooter.

Senki Dala

11 Aug 2024
France
Sony bought this studio instead of CDProject when CDProject was at the lowest valuation.

This is disastrous.
They wanted GaaS capable studio, they have what they need for solo games studios I guess. I would immensly prefer if thought bought CDPR obviously.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Hero shooter isn’t the problem. Twisted metal is a hero shooter even Warhawk, Battlfield etc

Concord is just an ass game in general & a even worse hero shooter then the ones that are F2P

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Yeah exactly it's a coming from implications/assumptions from a lot of folks. In earnest what's the Valorant director gonna change in the framework so deep in development.

Will see was hoping for 2 new studios internally from Blundell and Bungie and mainly for Blundell making a more gritty/military style shooter.

The report makes it sound like it’s yet another studio of his own at Sony and like being co-produced by Bungie based on one of their incubated projects. I don’t remember seeing the story posted here at all but it was making rounds yesterday.

This sounds identical to the Gummy Bears story…. He could be at the helm at that new offshoot.

But it could be Matter restarted for a third time. But that was not PvP but a single player game.

Last edited:
Reactions: CrackmanNL

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023

This is disastrous.

I don’t think CDPR has or had any interest in being acquired by anyone. Unless I’m missing something.

Reactions: Johnic

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Hero shooter isn’t the problem. Twisted metal is a hero shooter even Warhawk, Battlfield etc

Concord is just an ass game in general & a even worse hero shooter then the ones that are F2P
Mechanics, fidelity and feel is imo great in Concord. Just oversaturated market with f2p offerings and questionable design choices. Even if the Bungie name has way more pull, you already got the genre covered on the live-service checklist.

The report makes it sound like it’s yet another studio of his own at Sony and like being co-produced by Bungie based on one of their incubated projects. I don’t remember seeing the story posted here at all but it was making rounds yesterday.

This sounds identical to the Gummy Bears story…. He could be at the helm at that new offshoot.

But it could be Matter restarted for a third time. But that was not PvP but a single player game.

Yeah my hopes can go out the door for a gritty military shooter. Then the ambiguity is if the 75 staff coming in is specifically for Blundell or separate from that, could be Matter idd if cause I don't see him working on a Moba unless it's very similar to Deadlock.

Reactions: Neversummer

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

Bungie was one of the most beloved and high-profile studios in the industry...until Sony bought them. Now all the journalists are shitting out articles one after the other saying they're shit, cooked, garbage.

They have sources everywhere in the studio, it's the most investigated workplace in the USA. Meanwhile, the news about the union at Activision/MS can't even get more than 1 page thread 🙄

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Bungie was one of the most beloved and high-profile studios in the industry...until Sony bought them. Now all the journalists are shitting out articles one after the other saying they're shit, cooked, garbage.

They have sources everywhere in the studio, it's the most investigated workplace in the USA. Meanwhile, the news about the union at Activision/MS can't even get more than 1 page thread 🙄

Eh… I don’t think this started with Sony. It honestly feels like it’s always been like this with Bungie. I think mostly nothing of it myself at this point.. Just another era for the company beginning.

I think that’s just a testament to how important they are and beloved. Fans are the ones to have stronger emotional reactions that border on crazed.

The latest Marty interview from ActMan was fantastic. I suggest watching it

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Gods&Monsters