Top Director at Bungie Was Fired After Misconduct Investigation - Bloomberg (Update: Marathon is cooked)

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Eh… I don’t think this started with Sony. It honestly feels like it’s always been like this with Bungie. I think mostly nothing of it myself at this point.. Just another era for the company beginning.

I think that’s just a testament to how important they are and beloved. Fans are the ones to have stronger emotional reactions that border on crazed.

The latest Marty interview from ActMan was fantastic. I suggest watching it

Where are all the articles saying Bungie is a garbage studio while they were under Microsoft? That's where they got their reputation as a top tier studio.

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
Marathon will be a hit and everyone who believes in fake news will look stupid for the 4,869th time.

The cycle continues...

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024

This is this dunce's wife btw, Dude has this at home but still goes fishing for the blue haired whales at Bungie.

Holy fucking shit!!! She's fucking hot as hell!!

Of course, I would probably get fired too but it would be due to not showing up to work. lmao

EDIT: Just googled her. She's a model and an actress. WTF? As a 45 year old, im sorry but a lot of men are fucking morons. SMH.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryank75

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
At this point, Sony should cancel Marathon and have Bungie start working on Destiny 3 for next generation.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Imagine tossing out 6 years of work because of a Paul Tassi / Jason Shreier tweet.

Just because they've worked on the game for 6 years doesn't mean that work is any good. Obviously, only they and Sony knows if it is or isn't. We'll see what happens. I'm more baffled why Bungie didn't just start on Destiny 3 already when that's their main franchise/IP.

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
Just because they've worked on the game for 6 years doesn't mean that work is any good. Obviously, only they and Sony knows if it is or isn't. We'll see what happens. I'm more baffled why Bungie didn't just start on Destiny 3 already when that's their main franchise/IP.
Yeah, I'm just saying a Tweet from lowly clickbaiters are nothing to cancel a deep in development game over. There's a lot of people working at Bungie and PlayStation who believe in Marathon.

Reactions: peter42O

Zeno

28 Jun 2023
I don’t think CDPR has or had any interest in being acquired by anyone. Unless I’m missing something.
While yes, CDPR stated that they are not interested in getting acquired, they still are a public company and if Sony came with a really good offer, they would have listened to it.
Also they would have covered the missing WRPG aspect in Playstations portfolio. Now Sony is left with a disfunctional company that is Bungie that is focussed on liveservice and every project they are currently working on in regards to live service seems DOA.

Reactions: Bryank75 and Puff

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I bet with 4 billion dollars Sony could’ve locked down gta 6 as a timed exclusive and it would’ve been magnitudes more impactful than anything bungie ever will produce.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Wasn’t one of the marathon directors a man claiming to be a woman? I wonder which one it was?

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Sony should have just paid me 20 million to run PlayStation for ten years.

I'd sort everything out.

200.gif

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
people like @mibu no ookami will tell you this is the best acquisition in history

Please quote me where I said it was the best acquisition in history.

What I have actually said is that it's way too soon to judge them and that even if they flop as an acquisition, it probably still made sense to do it, simply to avoid a reunification with Microsoft that may have dragged competition another for along 5-10 years.

Bungie returning to Halo was as grave a threat to PlayStation as there is in the industry.

Not sure why this guy getting fired for harassment makes this a bad acquisition. Final Shape proved they can still produce high quality games.

Last edited: