Totoki PS President quote clarified, multiplatform means PS & PC, not Xbox & Switch.

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
GGyyHqfaIAAQex3

Last edited by a moderator:

Kx11

Banned
7 Jan 2024
Katar
flickr.com
I said it after the 1st time he said and they called me an Xbot and a troll, he said it again lol they're in denial for the sake of PS ?!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

24 Jun 2022
Shrinking the gap for non-GaaS titles to PC is just as bad if not worst than bringing their non-GaaS titles to Xbox and Nintendo platforms. So while the clarification rules out one narrative, there's still the other elephant in the room that might just end up being worst in the long-term.

Again, I don't think Day 1 PC for most of the GaaS is a bad idea; it makes sense. Day 1 for those on mobile where possible would also make sense. If Sony ever get back to internal 1P AA development, some of those Day 1 on mobile would make sense and a smaller selection that are Day 1 on both mobile and PC would make sense, plus some that are offshoot specifically for the mobile market like what Nintendo did with Pokemon GO!.

But it's the tentpole 1P AAA titles that need to be there for the console first, and exclusively for the console as long as possible. The gap should be 4-6 years, not 1-2 or 2-3. And any port that goes to PC should mean a new similar exclusive is coming for the console within 1-2 years. Always close the loop and bring things back to the console when it's said and done, SHOW that the console is the core of the ecosystem and don't just be empty words like Phil Spencer has been.

Remasters I don't see a problem being Day 1 on multiple platforms, just make sure console owners who bought the original versions can upgrade to the remaster for either free or a cheap price, reward them for their loyalty. Remakes can somewhat be the same, but only for those of games already a gen old or much older. Even then, some of them you'll want to keep exclusive to the console and nowhere else for at least a couple of years before porting them to PC and/or mobile.

As for costs, maybe the next PlayStation doesn't need to pursue more power just for the sake of more power. Maybe the power crown isn't worth chasing anymore, we're already getting to a point where visuals are pretty much "good enough". PS6 should focus on technologies that make programming and game development faster and cheaper in the long run. RT GI AI-enhanced tech, auto LOD/mesh/texture scaling tech, even better decompression tech for various data types, stuff for meta-data, frame generation etc. Al of that type of stuff in a system with even the same base TF/pixel fillrate/texture fillrate/RAM bandwidth of the PS5 would create night-and-day differences in visual and performance jumps and devs wouldn't need to increase budgets so much to produce better-looking and better-running games. In fact they would very likely be able to cut down the budgets a ton.

This is literally giving them the optimal template for a multi-platform strategy that doesn't devalue the console like crazy. Let's see if they take that approach.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Where are these clarifications coming from? I've seen reference to an "official transcript", but is it available publicly?

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Nintendo hardware been a gen behind specs wise so the bells and whistles of PS games won't be ported to hardware like that. Xbox doesn't have enough of a large install to justify PS porting their games over there and it's even worse outside of America. The Xbox base has been trained to not buy but rather depend on Game pass.

Reactions: Johnic

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
I love how I miss this drama lol how fast this came out and debunked?

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
It's good he clarified.

But it was obvious what he meant, should put a stop to the xbox fanboy drivel.

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
Thread title is misleading. Totoki doesn't mention releasing first party games on any other consoles. He specifically refers to "other platforms like computers" in the full quote. Nothing he says speaks to any kind of definitive shift in release strategy, just that he wants to "proactively work on" things and improve "operating profit". Almost like he's trying to say all the important buzz words to investors without making any substantive commitments to anything.
called it.

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
GGyyHqfaIAAQex3

Kenichiro said exactly the same thing recently

Kenichiro: Playstation will remain our core product, we will expand our gaming experiences to PC, Mobile & Cloud.

Timestamp 12:50

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I don't see where anything has been Officially Clarified. Everything I'm seeing is just what he actually said in the video so far. An aggressive shift to publishing on 'computers' in order to improve profit margins.

• haha
Reactions: BigMclargeHuge

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
I said it after the 1st time he said and they called me an Xbot and a troll, he said it again lol they're in denial for the sake of PS ?!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Just like I've been telling those idiots off on Era today, going to tell you as well. Only gaas is going PC day 1, nothing else. Hell Stellar Blade is made by a PC centric studio and even that PC port has to wait, PS5 only for day 1 single player games.