Totoki PS President wants to improve margins with releases outside console.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It's been spun like that because it validates MS and its fanboys.
They really need PS validation, like, all the time.
It's sad and pathetic.
And it's annoying. Now the Jezs of the world and Colts are spinning after being so upset and mad. It's an unhealthy infatuation they have.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Sony already releases a few Xbox games on Xbox anyway (Destiny and MLB), but it's not PlayStation that is dying.

Xbox players don't even buy games, what would even be the point?

Reactions: Gamernyc78

avenovah

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Lol. Check this shit

Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
I mean the reality is the term "lost in translation" is very real and came about obviously because some translations are not 1:1 even if ppl are paid translators. Shit in some languages some words you find in other languages dont even exist and transkatir has to do his/her best to work around that.
Yes, some things can be lost in translation. But they can still be explained to a much similar degree so the word or meaning can make sense to other languages.

I'll drop it, but I stand by what I said.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yes, some things can be lost in translation. But they can still be explained to a much similar degree so the word or meaning can make sense to other languages.

I'll drop it, but I stand by what I said.
Both of you have valid points.

• Shake
Reactions: Exicide

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
The slide is 100% legit made by Sony.
It is even in Sony docs at Sony financials site.

There is nothing new in the slide btw… Sony brought Nixxes to do PC ports and the other company to do Mobile games.

What is show in this slide is already happened it for years.
You didn't read my post after that one. I though gamernyc was talking about Sony going 3rd party, not the slide.

24 Jun 2022
"The player base on Xbox"

Stopped reading right there. What player base?
Laughter Through Tears Yes GIF by Studia Soyuz

You have to buy games to be considered a potential market.

Not to be that guy, and I hate to say this because TigerFish is one of the biggest Xbox fanboys online and a total tardcum, but....they actually said something I kind of agree with.

Jim Ryan DID say that PC was a platform competing with PlayStation, but if you listened to Hiroki Totoki's words at the fiscal call, the ambiguity of his statement could lead to think HE (foolishly) doesn't see it that way. And if they're willing to entertain ideas of putting more of their non-GaaS titles on PC (or shorten the window of the ports)...why would putting those games on Nintendo or Xbox be out of their field of thought?

The truth is, without actual, direct, official clarity, the continued ambiguity always leaves room for people to speculate "huh, they could do that". And we know how busy the Xbox diehard fanatics, astroturfers, shills & influencers are online and how much they love trying to control the flow of discussion and narratives. They WILL take those statements as they see fit to paint a "Sony Too™" message as much as they can, as long as they can, until or unless SIE come out and just be upfront about what their multiplatform strategy actually is.

And I would truthfully welcome that, after the tepid PR from Microsoft today in this podcast that didn't need to be a podcast at all. Like, just be forthcoming and say how exactly you plan to grow your presence on PC, mobile, even other consoles if that's part of the plan...but WITHOUT compromising the core of your gaming business, the PlayStation console.

And, how regardless what you do, everything done for a platform that isn't PlayStation, still means something coming specifically and exclusively for PlayStation. Let your words on the matter mean something and let your actions back them up. It's a strategy that shouldn't be reliant on what Microsoft or Nintendo or whoever is doing or planning to do. Just show you remember what helped make PlayStation the worldwide, industry-leading console brand that it is, show you know those roots, and show you're going to build on them and always prioritize the console first no matter what.

You won't see someone like TigerFish ever say this because people like them just want PlayStation to blindly follow in Xbox's footsteps and eventually become a declining, identity-less console brand the same way Microsoft's has increasingly become over the past decade. And maybe, Sony needs to remember their console owners are also investors in a way, and it's their choice in purchasing and supporting your console hardware why your shareholders and investors have in large part put faith in PlayStation to begin with as a worthwhile financial investment.

Maybe on things like this, listen to your actual gaming fans, not just your bean counters, suits and shareholders (most of whom are out-of-touch with the console gaming market anyway).

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Not to be that guy, and I hate to say this because TigerFish is one of the biggest Xbox fanboys online and a total tardcum, but....they actually said something I kind of agree with.

Jim Ryan DID say that PC was a platform competing with PlayStation, but if you listened to Hiroki Totoki's words at the fiscal call, the ambiguity of his statement could lead to think HE (foolishly) doesn't see it that way. And if they're willing to entertain ideas of putting more of their non-GaaS titles on PC (or shorten the window of the ports)...why would putting those games on Nintendo or Xbox be out of their field of thought?

The truth is, without actual, direct, official clarity, the continued ambiguity always leaves room for people to speculate "huh, they could do that". And we know how busy the Xbox diehard fanatics, astroturfers, shills & influencers are online and how much they love trying to control the flow of discussion and narratives. They WILL take those statements as they see fit to paint a "Sony Too™" message as much as they can, as long as they can, until or unless SIE come out and just be upfront about what their multiplatform strategy actually is.

And I would truthfully welcome that, after the tepid PR from Microsoft today in this podcast that didn't need to be a podcast at all. Like, just be forthcoming and say how exactly you plan to grow your presence on PC, mobile, even other consoles if that's part of the plan...but WITHOUT compromising the core of your gaming business, the PlayStation console.

And, how regardless what you do, everything done for a platform that isn't PlayStation, still means something coming specifically and exclusively for PlayStation. Let your words on the matter mean something and let your actions back them up. It's a strategy that shouldn't be reliant on what Microsoft or Nintendo or whoever is doing or planning to do. Just show you remember what helped make PlayStation the worldwide, industry-leading console brand that it is, show you know those roots, and show you're going to build on them and always prioritize the console first no matter what.

You won't see someone like TigerFish ever say this because people like them just want PlayStation to blindly follow in Xbox's footsteps and eventually become a declining, identity-less console brand the same way Microsoft's has increasingly become over the past decade. And maybe, Sony needs to remember their console owners are also investors in a way, and it's their choice in purchasing and supporting your console hardware why your shareholders and investors have in large part put faith in PlayStation to begin with as a worthwhile financial investment.

Maybe on things like this, listen to your actual gaming fans, not just your bean counters, suits and shareholders (most of whom are out-of-touch with the console gaming market anyway).
I want to listen to that suit thts never played a game in his life 😂 I mean really played a game.

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
Like the 34m thread… how can I even read that?
Put my comment because yesterday I said it was a bit over 30m and no where close to 40m in reply to “guesstimates” from @Welfare
I didn't say they were near 50 million. They're in the 35M-40M range unless Gold subs significantly declined that didn't convert to Game Pass Core or Ultimate.
This is exactly what I said yesterday.