Totoki PS President wants to improve margins with releases outside console.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023

I wonder why you would be trying to put the PlayStation on the same level as Xbox? Cant stand these shills.

its sad that toxic positive trashy disingenuous pricks like this gets invited to events like DICE and gets given a bunch of free stuff from Sony. Pretty reflective of the current gaming industry

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Tbh they need to release 3-4 PS studio titles a year if they want better PS5 sales and whatever they want.

Thinking just 1-2 games is enough, isnt not gonna work

Reactions: Diah

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
This is not a variation though, the PS5 dick slaps that graphics card with R&C. Of course performance varies among cards, which is why it was always dumb to say that the PS5 is a 2070 super. The more current gen games release, the more this will become moronic.

I'll love to see death stranding 2 running on the same settings on a 2070 super.
"with R&C" sure, as I said n=1 not representative. Go check any GPU benchmark video and you'll find performance differences are variable. Games are well optimised for PS because it's a closed ecosystem, that's an advantage nobody is disputing that, but you're delusional to imply a PS5's half a decade old GPU is stronger than newer cards. Go play sub-30 Dragon's Dogma 2 on PS5 and tell me how it's holding up. Actually the cognitive dissonance of people saying GPUs get frequently outdated while waiting for a Pro launch to keep games above 30 is pretty telling.

Last edited:

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
My God how desperate you are for it to be SonyToo.

The Exec was speaking Japanese so your analysis is a waste of time.

We all know Translations are not 100%.
except the translation was done by HIS translator. So what are you on about? Look, here is the video. It was not done by some random

I don't care if its "SonyToo," I'm on PC.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
"with R&C" sure, as I said n=1 not representative. Go check any GPU benchmark video and you'll find performance differences are variable. Games are well optimised for PS because it's a closed ecosystem, that's an advantage nobody is disputing that, but you're delusional to imply a PS5's half a decade old GPU is stronger than newer cards.
Nice strawman there. Please point out where I said that.

Go play sub-30 Dragon's Dogma 2 on PS5 and tell me how it's holding up.
The game hasn't released, and I have no interest in playing it in any platform.

Actually the cognitive dissonance of people saying GPUs get frequently outdated while waiting for a Pro launch to keep games above 30 is pretty telling.
There's a very big difference between console releases and PC releases though. The PS4 absolutely punched above its weight throughout the generation. God of War on PC requires a minimum of a GTX 960 to run at 30fps 1080p with the same graphical settings as a PS4.

However, Miles-Morales can barely run at a stable 30fps with lower settings than a PS4 on that same card.

The point being: A game that releases at the beginning of the PS5 gen may run fine at 4k30 on Card A, but a game released at the end of the same gen will require a better card to keep up with the fixed hardware.

And please spare me the lectures, I'm primarily a PC player.

Reactions: Johnic

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
His translator or not.

Translations are never 100% and even worse was you analysing every word of it.

Laughable.
translations are supposed to get the meaning across, if it doesn't convey the meaning well, its not a good translation, do you think Sony would release the video without a PROPER translation?

You're making it sound like you can't translate any language correctly, news flash, that's what translators are! They translate the original language to another language so it is understood by the other recipients. You're making excuses as to why an analysis can't be given, if I sent this to my friend living in Japan (native), he would most likely come away with the SAME feeling.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Yes, because Kinect. Anyway, point stands, Xbox downhill started before PC initiative
Yes, but Kinect actually sold quite well for what it was. Xbox was never gonna be the victor, but worse decisions are killing it

Literally go back to the forums and twitter and have a look for yourself, when they announced they are going day and day with PC.

PS fans ripped them, including people on here and myself ( nothing you have is exclusive anymore), PC guys were saying we no longer need to buy a Xbox to play games like Halo, Gears etc, and alot of people said there going PC. This is fact

Evilms

Graph Master
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
image.png

image.png

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Oh the source of the pic he posted. Thought you meant the source of the info that they're releasing games on other consoles.
No, I meant the source of the Pic he posted lol. I want to know if it's official or not.

Evilms

Graph Master
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Last edited:

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I clearly said translation are never 100% accurate and you can never get the true meaning across from one language to another.

I speak 4 languages natively and it simply cannot be done 100%

You were literally analysing every word in the English Translation.

I mean come now. What the hell is this. Ridiculous.
He clearly states that "in the past, we wanted to popularize console" he then goes on to say that first party content was the way they went with to make it popular, and he says "it is true, but there's a synergy to it" then proceeds to talk about strong first party content "not only with our console, but also other platforms, like computers." He also states "First party can be grown with multi-platforms and that can help operating profit to improve."

I genuinely think this sounds like even more games are going to release on PC, it may not necessarily mean more Day & Date, but I would not be surprised at all considering the MASSIVE success that Helldivers 2 has been since launch. It shows Sony they have a market on PC if they don't wait a year or two, because by then, the hype has already died out.

> "The comment about being "aggressive improving profit margins" was just a general comment, not specifically about PC games."

It may not specifically be about PC games but it does, in fact, include PC games, otherwise he wouldn't have mentioned their "past" and then mentioned the "synergy" to it, which means it is absolutely in their plans, aggressively improving profit margins, in his book, according to his statements today, absolutely is also about PC games.

--
This is not spin, and I don't know why people are trying to call it spin. It is from the mouth of the man himself.